Chapter 6 - Surprise Visit

I Want Change!

When Karam woke up it was bright. He looked over at his clock and saw it was 7:29am. He had missed his train and also wasn’t able to pick up Mika. He rushed out of his bed and put on his uniform. He opened his bedroom door to be met with a mum cooking breakfast.

“Mum, why aren’t you at work?” Karam asked panting while doing so.

“Well, I wanted to take the day off, so I could take care of you,” she said while placing the bacon she was cooking onto a clean white plate. She held two plates in her hands and place them on the kitchen table.

“Don’t worry, I already called Mika saying you won’t be able to get out of bed.”

Karam walked over to the table and sat down. His face red and hot, he felt as if he was going to faint. The hot steam rosed to his face as his head was slightly over his food. He looked down to see two piece of toast, two strips of bacon and scrambled eggs on the side.

Smiling, he held the two utensils in his hand, but failed as his hands shook too much. He tried again and succeeded. He felt a pair of eyes now staring at him.

“Are you sure you are alright?” Karam’s mum’s eyes looked worried.

“I’m sure I’ll be fine, I guess.”

 

It was about noon where Karam broke of his slumber. His fever went down, but not completely. He would be fine after sleeping for a bit more, later. Karam climbed out of his bed and went towards the kitchen. His mum wasn’t to be found in the kitchen or the living room. He went to her bedroom and was meet with silence.

“Mum?” no reply was given.

Worried, he grabbed his coat and scarf in his pyjamas. Upon opening the door he fell down into the pile of shoes in the entrance. Karam winced in pain and looked up.

“Mika?” Karam said shocked. “W-what are you doing here?”

Mika climbed over Karam and went in his apartment. He looked around the place. Karam got up and closed the door.

“Your house is pretty small,” Mika said in a monotone.

“I said what are you doing here?” Karam said almost irritated.

Karam has never been angry at Mika before. However he is annoyed with Mika for stopping of his plans. He couldn’t go out to find his mum if Mika was in his house. Mika was now staring at him. With a face full of shock. One that Karam has never seen before.

“Um, I took your mum to my place.”

A sigh of relief was let out of Karam.

“What is she doing there?” Karam almost exclaimed. “Did something happen to her? Why is she at your place?”

“One question at a time. I invited your mum over for lunch.” Mika said after calming Karam down.

“Also, why aren’t you at school?”

“If you remember, yesterday was our last day.”

Karam thought about it for a bit and his memory came back of yesterday.

“But, but my mum said something about going somewhere with you.” Karam’s thoughts drifted off as he remembered the plans he made with Mika