Chapter 3 - Disappointed? I don't know...

I Want Change!

The knock on the door sounded loudly in Mika’s apartment.

“Hyung, it’s me,” the voice said on the other side of the door.

In recognition of the voice Mika got up from his seat on the couch.

 

 

“You came,” Mika said as he opened the door. Karam walked into the entrance and closed the door while Mika walked back to what he was doing before.

Karam took off his shoes and as he looked down, he noticed another pair of shoes.

“Oh, Karam!” exclaimed the other person in the apartment.

Karam felt hurt. Mika was spending time with another guy in his apartment other than himself.

“O-oh, yeah, you’re here too,” Karam laughed awkwardly, “Hyunmin-ssi.”

“So, what were you guys doing?” Karam asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

 

 

Hyunmin was now standing up beside Mika on the couch and Karam was standing on the other side of Mika.

“Sit down,” Mika said without no emotion, addressing no one.

“Just watching TV,” Hyunmin said as his eye smile came out “And you don’t need to be so formal, we’re the same age.”

He sat back into his seat as Karam went to sit on the unoccupied couch placed next to the other couch.

 

“Oh, what’s on?” Karam asked, trying to break the awkwardness in the air which was oblivious to Mika.

“Hello Counsellor, now both of you shut up,” Mika said as he’s full concentration was now on the TV.

The room was now filled with silence with only the TV being heard in the whole apartment.

The three males continued to watch the TV for half an hour when Hyunmin got up.

 

 

“I should be going now; I’m not allowed to stay out late.”

The other two males turned their heads to the husky voiced male and looked at him with disappointment.

“Oh, really? Already? We should hang out again soon,” Mika said while leading Hyunmin out of his apartment.

Karam was following the elder to the front door, bidding Hyunmin goodbye as well.

 

Upon reaching the open front door, a gust of wind blew into the apartment. Karam shivered as he continued to wave goodbye to Hyunmin. When Hyunmin was gone out of sight, Mika pushed Karam back into the apartment.

 

 

“Why was he here today?” Karam asked, curious.

“I invite anyone to my apartment; I don’t need your permission,” Mika said sternly without looking at Karam.

“Hyung, sorry if you’re angry, I was just curious since I’ve never seen anyone else in your apartment after school.” Mika kept his back to Karam. He wasn’t even affected by Karam’s words.