Chapter 5 - Why am I like this?

I Want Change!

It was 11:49pm when I got home. I made a quick stop to the convenience store and bought some candy. My mum was there waiting for me. The entrance lights lit up and he put his shoes away. He walked toward his room, when he had seen her in the kitchen. She was sitting there with a glass of water in front of her. She turned to look at a Karam. With a sharp look on her face, it changed quickly into a smile.

“You’re back?” his mother questioned brightly.

 

She knew that Karam was gay for a while now, but just recently Karam had finally his mum that he had someone he liked. She supported him and didn’t mind him staying late, because it was with Mika.

His mother walked to him and embraced him. She pushed him into to his room and said to goodnight. Karam got out of his uniform and folded it neatly and left it on his table since he would have to use it again. It was midnight already and went to wash myself before going to sleep.

 

 

I woke up feeling sweaty. Someone was holding my hand. It was still dark outside, and I knew it wasn’t morning yet.

“Are you alright, darling?” It was my mum. She had a worried look on her face. He felt quite weak and helpless. He tried to get up, but it was useless, I was too weak.

 

I had come down with a fever.

“Your body temperature is quite high, you shouldn’t try to get up,” she said worried.

I nodded me head as I fell back into a slumber.