Chapter 4 - Is Loving Me so Hard?

I Want Change!

There was a silence for a minute and the two stayed in their positions.

“You’re annoying, you know that right?” Mika said quietly, breaking the silence.

Karam felt crushed. “I love you,” Karam’s mouth slipped out.

“I know.” Mika didn’t dare to look back at the younger.

He knew the younger wanted the love to be returned but he just couldn’t do it.

“I’m no good for you, look for someone els-“, Mika said but was cut off.

“NO! I’ve tried; I’ve tried really hard Lee Suhoon. I can’t stop loving you. I’ve hanged out with other guys, I try to flirt with some, but they don’t give me the same feelings you give me. I don’t think anyone else can make me feel the way I feel when I’m with you. Why can’t you just see that?” Karam had tears running down his face now.

 

 

This happened all the time and in the end it was just be all pushed back into Karam’s face he’s feelings would just burst at the most seriousness of times. Karam was staring at his cold back. How much he wanted to hug him, he stopped his urge to do so. He sobbed quietly to himself as Mika stayed in his position. Mika let out a sigh as he turned around to the younger.

 

 

“I’m sorry Karam,” Mika wrapped his arms around the younger’s waist and pulled him into an embrace.

It was warm. He made Karam feel safe, like all his insecurities washed all away. He wanted to like this forever, but he knew that Mika didn’t feel the same way as he did. Karam’s tears soaked Mika’s shirt but Mika didn’t mind, he made Karam into this state and he wanted to take responsibility.

 

 

After 5 minutes of Karam and Mika comforting him, they made up but totally ignored Karam’s confession. He took Karam to the bathroom telling him to wash his face. Karam stood there, looking at his swollen eyes. He washed them with cold water, shivering a little because of the coldness of the air as well. He tried to look for a towel to wipe is face with so he came out of the bathroom to ask Mika for one.

 

 

Upon coming out, he had seen a Mika wearing an oversized t-shirt and shorts that could hardly be seen under the shirt. Mika through a piece of fabric at Karam. It was really soft. He soon realised that is was a towel. He wiped his face and put it in the bathroom.

Mika was quite comfortable whenever Karam was over. Sometimes he wouldn’t even wear a shirt. There was a slight blush on Karam’s face when he looked over at Mika again. By the time he had walked over to Mika, his face was a bright red.

 

 

“I think I should be getting home,” Karam said really quickly. He went to grab his bag and walked out of the apartment before Mika could say anything to him. Karam hugged his blazer and pulled his bag together. The cold air was making him feel weird.