Chapter 1 - Winter

I Want Change!

“Hey, what are you doing?” Mika exclaimed to the younger boy standing before him.

It was a cold winter morning and Mika had just walked out of his small, warm apartment to be greeted by Karam waiting outside of his house.

“Hurry up and take my bag!” Mika held his arm out towards the smaller boy with his bag strap in his hand.

 

Karam hurriedly took the bag as he followed the taller boy to the subway. Mika was dressed in his school uniform with an extra coat over it. There was a scarf wrapped around his neck and earmuff covering his ears. His bare hands were placed into his coat pockets and he shivered as he walked at a fast paced through the coldest of the breeze. Mika was very well known in their high school and Karam knew that very clearly. They were in the same grade even though Karam was a year younger than everyone in their grade. Karam being very smart had skipped a grade and is currently attending the best and high prestigious all-boys high school ‘Bugil High School’.

 

“Why are you lagging so far behind?” Mika was now facing Karam who was in deep thoughts.

Karam continued to walk, not noticing that Mika had stopped just for him. He came to a halt when he had bumped into the taller figure and was broken out of his thoughts.

“Had enough thinking?” Karam bowed to Mika as he turned around to continue walking.

“God, you’re such a girl,” Mika had mumbled to himself but Karam had heard.

Karam disregarded his comments and continued to follow Mika. It was only now that Karam had realised they were in the subway already.

“H-hyung, wait up!”