02. Darkness Comes

The Very Last Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

Darkness Comes

 

 

ONE YEAR EARLIER

FIRST DAYS OF SUMMER

 

~

 

It was a day like many other days before but to Min, it was different.

 

That day was exactly one month since the day he had a misunderstanding with Kyu, one month since he had hurt Kyu and himself with his own careless behavior, one month since he understood that he couldn't live without being together with that black ball of fluffy fur, seeing him everyday, hearing his voice as the first and last thing of the day.

 

One month since they confessed their feelings to each others.

 

Min smiled and closed his eyes to better feel the morning breeze caressing his candid fur. He had woke up with few moments before without feeling the warm presence of his better half sleeping beside him. He sniffed and the fresh scent of the morning breeze invaded his lungs, tranquillizing him. He knew why Kyu wasn't there with him, the black bunny was outside the den, finding fresh mint leaves for their breakfast.

 

The way Kyu cared for him, he loved it.

 

I love him.

 

He slowly stretched his legs and rolled on his back to better stir his fluffy body. He started to feel a bit hungry but he didn't want to get up, not until Kyu would return with breakfast. The smell of fresh grass and dew tranquillized Min and made his body melt.

 

He giggled to himself thinking how lazy he had become since he met Kyu. The black bunny was spoiling him rotten and Min could notice it by himself since he felt like he gained some weight.

 

Nonetheless, Min didn't want him to stop.

 

He was brought back from his reverie by the rustling sound of something stepping through a bush.

 

It's him!, he giggled inside.

 

He pretended to be asleep and waited for his bunny to come closer, trying really hard to not burst into giggles.

 

Thud, thud, thud.

 

Min smelled the freshness of mint and one hop later Kyu's scent hit his nostrils, familiar and safe. He was winning his fight against the giggles until he felt Kyu pressing his nose behind his long ears and breathing in. Min squeaked and rolled away, that spot of his body was too ticklish for him to keep on the façade.

 

His eyes met the deep and loving ones of his mate.

 

“So you were awake,” the darker bunny said.

 

Min smiled sheepishly from where he was sprawled on the floor and waited for Kyu to hop closer before speaking.

 

“Hi” he replied shyly.

 

Min observed as Kyu caressed his body with his eyes before looking again at his eyes.

 

“Hi” he said. He threw himself at the white bunny before the latter had the chance to roll on his paws; Min squealed as their fluffy bodies mingled together and rolled on the floor. When they stopped against the wall they, Kyu was hugging Min tight and the white bunny felt like he was in his favorite place of the Earth.

 

He melted in the warmth for a while before nudging Kyu with one of his back paw.

 

“Such a nice awakening” he whispered.

 

Kyu tightened his hold.

 

“I would wake you up this way every day if it wasn't for the fact that then you would become too spoiled.” Kyu mumbled lazily against the white fur. “Wait, you already are” he added.

 

Min laughed, amused.

 

“It's your fault though, I wasn't like that before we met.”

 

“I know.”

 

They stayed like that for a while, Min laying on his back and Kyu pressed against his side but then Kyu spoke again.

 

“You should eat the mint, its freshness will not last forever.”

 

Min hummed but he didn't get up.

 

“Min.” Kyu called him.

 

“Kyu”, the white bunny replied.

 

“The mint.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Hurry up.”

 

Min giggled. “How can I hurry up and eat the leaves when you are sprawled all over my body?”

 

He felt Kyu's cheeks becoming warmer before he let go mumbling “you're right” and getting up from his mate's chubby body.

 

Min sniggered and got up to have his delicious breakfast. By the time he was done, he could see the sun shining brightly through the foliage of the forest. Judging by the brightness of the light, it was already mid morning and Min wanted to hop around a little that day. One of the caramel bunnies told him about the very pretty flowers that grow in a little meadow not too far from their den and he was curious to see them too.

 

“Do you think it's too late to go to the meadow now?” Min asked, the eyes big and full of hope.

 

Kyu had stared at him during the whole meal and now he was showering his precious white bunny with nuzzles and other little displays of love.

 

“Why don't we just go to chill outside under the shadow of the big oaks that grow beside the river?” he suggested after leaving a kiss behind the white bunny's ear.

 

Min smiled idiotically for a moment, awww my Kyu is too sweet!, and then pouted.

 

“But I really really want to see the pretty flowers Wonnie told me about the other day!” he whined.

 

Kyu froze midway a snuggle the moment Min pronounced the caramel bunny's name.

 

Wonnie.

 

Kyu didn't like him.

 

He didn't like the bright smile the big bunny always have on when he sees his Min, he didn't like the way his eyes shine whenever he talks to his Min, he didn't like how the obnoxious bunny always behave when Min is around, the way he tries to keep him away from his Min.

 

Min belonged to him only (and the other way aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter