One

Baby! My Strawberry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once upon a time, there lived two little strawberry men whose names were Kyuhyun and Changmin. They were best friends, growing up and doing everything together. They played together, did pranks on the elder strawberry people together, and most importantly, the two liked to go exploring together…they liked to go the boundaries of their town and often wondered what could be found beyond the marsh. Then one day their explorations went too far that they already arrived in a place that was often deemed forbidden in the place they came from.

 

Kyuhyun was the first to recover from shock and nudged Changmin at once. “Hey Chang…I think we’re…” he trailed off, gulping. He looked around again and there was no mistaking it, they really ended up in a human garden. “In trouble”

 

But his best friend seemed to have other ideas. “Are you kidding?! This is awesome! What if we’re the first ones of our kind to actually explore a human’s garden! We’d be famous!” Changmin beamed as he shook his head, looking around him in awe and running around excitedly, already looking for some sort of souvenir he could take home in proof of their adventure.

 

“I doubt we’re the first ones to” Kyuhyun said, going after him and looking around in curiosity, everything seemed so BIG in the human world “I just hope we’d be back in one piece to actually bask in the fame” he said cautiously, looking around in worry. He certainly hoped whoever owned the garden wasn’t there at the moment.

 

“Are you scared Kyuhyun?” Changmin teased. “Aren’t you the one who said there’s nothing to be scared about in humans? And that they’re nothing but big bulk of mass with no brains?”

 

He scowled “I was assuming from all those stories from the elders, okay?”

 

“Come to think of it, none of us ever actually saw a human before…right?”

 

“I’m not really keen to meet one” Kyuhyun deadpanned, he knew that look on Changmin’s face. He could tell what the other was thinking. “Chang, don’t be stupid. We aren’t going to do it”

 

“Why not?” the other challenged.

 

“Because we don’t know a damn thing about humans. Seriously, are you even thinking right now?”

 

Changmin stared at him. “I know this is the perfect opportunity to actually find out” he reasoned, then started venturing more into the gardens. Kyuhyun wanted to scold him and pull him back to where they came from but when he thought about it, his best friend did have a point, the elders back in the village often told them humans were scary monsters, who eat Strawberry people like them for dessert. In fact parents often used that to scare the kids into going to bed early.

 

“Man, this place is huge” Changmin muttered, effectively breaking Kyuhyun’s thoughts. “Oh I think I see the human’s castle from here” he points ahead excitedly, where a large white manor could be seen. He climbs up the nearest branch to check it out. “I can’t see the humans though; maybe we should go take a closer look” he didn’t even wait for Kyuhyun’s protest before he was on his way, not even caring he had no means of hiding himself in case the human showed up.

 

“God Damn it Chang!” Kyuhyun growled, having no choice but to follow him, the other was the more athletic of them two, and running across that distance was no trouble for him at all, while Kyuhyun was close to having a collapsed lung by the time he caught up to the other man. “Slow the down, will you?! We don’t even know anything about—-mmmp” he was cut off when Changmin suddenly clamp his hand over his mouth, staring at him in panic.

 

“Shush! Damn it! We need to hide!” they ducked towards a small vase and held their breaths in case they would be heard. The two stared at each other in worry just in time as two humans made their w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter