Chapter 4

Just a Prank

 

[Your POV]

 

Who knows how long I’ve been unconscious for? I woke up to a bright light on the ceiling before I saw three big faces appear right in front of my face.

 

“Oh my god do you want to kill me” I immediately opened my eyes, trying to overcome the extreme brightness that was killing after being unconscious.

 

“JANG IN HEE ARE YOU OK”

 

“YOU STUPID GIRL WHY DID YOU DO THAT”

 

“WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME IF YOU DIED”

 

All these filled the entire room. I laughed at both of my bestfriends. They were indeed hilarious. Ji Won then asked, “PABO. You’ve been unconscious for an hour! Are you okay? What happened to you! Daehyun doesn’t want to tell me! That stupid idiot.” The teacher then followed up by saying “Do you need to go home or get more rest? I’m going to punish Minhyuk for doing this to you.”

 

“Huh Minhyuk did this to you? You mean Lee Minhyuk?” Ji Won questioned the teacher who just finished talking. I supposed Daehyun didn’t tell her since he was afraid Ji Won might get hurt. I mean, its pretty obvious on why he did it since we all know he crushes on Ji Won.

 

Ji Won just stood there looking really lost while I turned over to her, “I’m okay. It’s not his fault. He just accidentally hit me.” I smiled at her.

 

She seemed to feel a bit relieved and left with the teacher after a while because she was late for her next lesson. It was only Daehyun and I left in the room now. I didn’t know why I would had suddenly such a big reaction. Of course, we’re best friends but I had this certain feeling. Like, the feeling of my heart beating really quickly when his hand touched mine.

 

I can’t be in love with him again right? But what’s the use? I mean he likes Ji Won now and Ji Won is probably a much better girl as compared to me.

 

“Ji Won, are you really okay? It’s only both of us here so you can tell me if your stomach is so painful. I’m sorry for not being able to protect you from that bastard. He even dared to hit a girl. I’m going to make him pay back what he did to you.” Daehyun said angrily, while holding onto my hand.

 

“I’m fine really. It’s not your fault. I just didn’t expect him wanting to punch you this hard.” I laughed. “Promise me, never tell Ji Won what I told Minhyuk because I don’t want her to be caught in-between and I don’t want her to shed another painful tear because of a guy like him. Please?”

 

“Sure. She’s my best friend too! And… In Hee, I actually have something to tell you Its about my crush.” He said seriously!

 

It was most probably time for him to tell me anyways. It was painful to hear him say those words. I was really envious on how caring he was towards Ji Won. Aish.. Its okay, when you truly like a person, you would want him to be happy.

 

“In hee? Are you listening to me?” he questioned.

 

“Yeah, what do you want to tell me?” I replied trying to hide my feelings of being envious.

 

“Uhm… uhm I actually like….” He stopped there for real long. I didn’t even know what was taking him such a long time too. Just two words, Ji Won. And Ji Won wasn’t even here.

 

“WHO!” I was getting pissed off on why he couldn’t just say it so that I would know that he truly liked her.

 

“Chocolates! I just wanted to trick you so that you’ll be happy” He exclaimed.

 

I just nodded my head and smiled. Stupid boy, whats holding him back?

 

 

[Daehyun’s POV]

 

She better be okay. Nothing can happen to her. I haven’t even told her anything about how I feel yet. She just… What a foolish girl! Why did she do that for me! Instantly, her eyes suddenly started moving and she began to open her eyes. All my worries started disappearing when she suddenly shouted “Oh my god do you want to kill me!”

 

SHE’S AWAKE FINALLY. I said concernedly, “JANG IN HEE ARE YOU OK, YOU STUPID GIRL WHY DID YOU DO THAT”

 

Ji Won then screamed “WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME IF YOU DIED”

 

I felt so relieved. Thank god nothing happened to her. I still have so many things I have yet to tell her, especially the person I crush on after all the pestering she has given me. She let out a laugh at both of us.

 

Ji Won then asked, “PABO. You’ve been unconscious for an hour! What happened to you! Daehyun doesn’t want to tell me. That stupid idiot. The teacher beside Ji Won then followed up by saying, “Are you okay? Do you need to go home or get more rest? I’m going to punish Minhyuk for doing this to you.”

 

I just stood there not knowing what to say. I couldn’t even comprehend my words the moment. She’s finally okay….

 

“Huh Minhyuk did this to you? You mean Lee Minhyuk?” Ji Won questioned the teacher who just finished talking. I didn’t tell Ji Won because I was afraid that In Hee would be worried about her again even though she was experiencing a very painful stomach right now.

 

Ji Won just stood there looking really when In Hee turned over and said, “I’m okay. It’s not his fault. He just accidentally hit me.” She smiled at her. Her smile was so beautiful. It’s basically the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen.

 

Ji Won seemed to feel a bit relieved and left with the teacher after a while because she was late for her next lesson. It was only Inhee and I left in the room. I told myself that I had to confess my feelings now. I couldn’t let such a good opportunity slide away. Previously when she confessed, I couldn’t respond because I was being banned on dating. I’m not some mommy’s boy but my parents actually threatened to cause the whole of In Hee’s parents company to go down. I couldn’t let such a thing happen to In Hee, that’s why I just kept quiet.

 

I then took the initiative to ask “Ji Won, are you really okay? It’s only both of us here so you can tell me if your stomach is so painful. I’m sorry for not being able to protect you from that bastard. He even dared to hit a girl. I’m going to make him pay back what he did to you.” I was really angry when I saw her clutching onto her stomach.

 

“I’m fine really. It’s not your fault. I just didn’t expect him wanting to punch you this hard.” She laughed. “Promise me, never tell Ji Won what I told Minhyuk because I don’t want her to be caught in-between and I don’t want her to shed another painful tear because of a guy like him. Please?”

 

“Sure. She’s my best friend too! And… In Hee, I actually have something to tell you Its about my crush.” I said, trying to sound as serious as I could.

 

In Hee suddenly spaced out and she seemed to let out a frown. “In hee? Are you listening to me?” he questioned.

 

“Yeah, what do you want to tell me?” she then replied.

 

“Uhm… uhm I actually like….” I stopped there for real long. I didn’t even know why I couldn’t say that two words, IN HEE. I mean her. It was so hard. I didn’t want anything to happen to our friendship if I got rejected but I really wanted her to know how I felt.

 

“WHO!” She suddenly shouted, sounding really desperate to know who.

 

“Chocolates! I just wanted to trick you so that you’ll be happy” I exclaimed. What a stupid thing to say Jung Daehyun.

 

She just nodded her head.

 

 

On the other hand at the basement room of btob…….

 

 

[Minhyuk POV]

 

“I just punched a girl” I shouted, trying to get the whole group’s attention.

 

“Who did you hit again this time, Lee Minhyuk. And it’s a girl?” Ilhoon then snorted.

 

“Jang In Hee. You know, that girl that got grouped together with Sungjae for his music project. SHE’S MY GIRLFRIENDS BESTFRIEND” I shouted again, feeling really anxious on how In Hee was.

 

“VERY GOOD. MINHYUK HYUNG VERY GOOD! You hit that bit*h! She should be able to withstand it considering her attitude!” Sungjae then jumped up to me and supported me.

 

“But…. But she fainted and she’s still in the office. I’m really afraid on what’s going to happen to her” I then replied with my head looking down.

 

I could see the whole of btob turning towards me and giving me eyes. They obviously knew that I would be in trouble this time.  What could I do? Let’s just hope In Hee’s parents wouldn’t sue me for what I did.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

hey guys! I know this chapter was a bit dull and boring. I’m sorry because I’m currently having a mental block on what should happen between you and Sungjae since you realized you fell in love with Daehyun again! I’ll try to update tomorrow or the following day with a much better chapter concerning their love story. Please be patient and do subscribe and leave comments too :--)