Chapter 3

Just a Prank

 

[Sungjae’s POV]

 

Everybody in class were rejoicing with their group pairs when Mr Kim told us the topic was about love. I wanted to puke when I heard the topic was about love. Who in the right mind would compose a love song with this girl. Why in the world did Mr Kim put me together with Jang In Hee. She has some problems with her attitude. No no no, I’m going to talk to Mr Kim.

 

I walked past In Hee and headed towards the teachers table and very politely asked, “Mr Kim, do you mind changing my pair to someone else?”

 

Mr Kim raised his eyebrow and stared at me, looking like he was about to tear me into pieces and gobble me up in any minute. I quickly bowed and walked off, back to my own original seat. This won’t do, I really cannot work with that girl who doesn’t even know how to make herself look pretty in school.

 

Just as I was deep in thought, In Hee walked over and winked, “Lets get started”.

 

Does she have problems? Didn’t she just argue with me this morning? Does she have mental illness? What in the world am I thinking about?

 

I cleared my throat and replied, “Yes okay.” That was all I said.

 

“What instrument or instruments do you play then? I play the piano and the guitar!”

 

“uhm…. I play only the guitar but I can sing too.” I replied, looking out of the window, refusing to look right straight into her eyes.

 

“Okay then, why don’t we do both-“ she was talking while I stopped her.

 

“You know what, why don’t I do the main melody and you fit in the words and we’ll just be done.” I finally said, still avoiding eye contact with her.

 

“Yeah sure babe. I’ll listen to what you say darling” she said in a flirtatious tone.

 

This girl has serious problems. A while ago she looked like she was about to murder me and right now she’s flirting with me? This is definitely the power of Yook Sungjae. Its okay, since you didn’t apologize to me, I’ll play around with your feelings and make you heels over toes for me and the immediately dump you.

 

[Your POV]

 

I sat in my original seat, thinking of plans to trick him into liking me. Just at that moment, he walked past me, heading towards the teacher’s table and asked, “Mr Kim, do you mind changing my pair to someone else?”

 

Mr Kim raised his eyebrow and stared at him, looking like he was about to tear him into pieces and gobble him up in any minute. Sungjae immediately bowed and turned around, looking very despaired walking past me and back to his seat.

 

Daehyun turned to me and asked very concernedly, “Are you really going to work with him? Will you be okay?”

 

“Yes I guess so. Worry about your own pair!!” I smiled at him while he nodded back.

 

Its time for you to do something In Hee. You can’t let this good opportunity slide away and make full use of this instead. I then walked over and winked at him, “Lets get started babe!”

 

Ugh. I wanted to puke at the word babe. Who would call him a babe. He’s just some arrogant piece of . I thought as I continued smiling at his really confused face. He seemed to be questioning on what happened to me in his head.

 

He immediately cleared my throat and replied, “Yes okay.” That was all he said.

 

I then again took the initiative to ask a question. “What instrument or instruments do you play then? I play the piano and the guitar!”

 

“uhm…. I play only the guitar but I can sing too.” He replied, looking out of the window as though he wanted me to just disappear right now.

 

“Okay then, why don’t we do both-“ I made a suggestion while

 

“You know what, why don’t I do the main melody and you fit in the words and we’ll just be done.” he finally said, still looking out of the window and avoiding eye contact.

 

“Yeah sure babe. I’ll listen to what you say darling” I replied, trying to sounds as flirtatious as I could so that he knows I’m hinting something.

 

He then took out his music notepad and started jotting down some notes while I just started looking at my textbook trying to think about certain types of emotions I could portray from the music. I soon enough grew bored of this and started to turn my head around. I then spotted Daehyun and Minhyuk sitting opposite each other, looking as if they were about to punch each other. Of course, both of them are crushing on the same girl. But…. But what if what sungjae said was true? Who am I kidding? It’s Lee Minhyuk, it won’t be surprising if he does that.

 

For the whole of the lesson, I saw people laughing and chatting while composing their song, looking as if they were really happy with their groupings. Only daehyun’s group and mine was just dead quiet. I was really envious of the rest of the class on how they were able to group with the people they were comfortable with.

 

“Ok lessons are over! Please remember that you need to put up a performance at the end of the week. Have a nice day” Mr Kim gathered everyone’s attention and walked out of class.

 

I quickly went up to daehyun and said, “Did anything happen between you and MInhyuk”. He just turned towards Daehyun and gave him a stare. Oh , something must have happened just now. Just as he was about to give me a reply, Ji Won came towards us and kept talking about how funny Eunkwang was to her. I was really glad that Ji Won was back to her cheerful self after what Sungjae told her, although I didn’t really like that Eunkwang guy. As Ji Won continued talking excitedly, I turned around to see Minhyuk about to leave the classroom together with the kingka group. I need to talk to him, I need to make things clear with him. I can’t afford Ji Won to get hurt by any other guy anymore.

 

I told Ji Won to leave with Daehyun for a break first and I ran towards Minhyuk, who was approaching the lockers together with his.

 

“Minhyuk, I have something to talk to you about. Can you step aside for a while.” I looked at all the members of btob just giving me that stare.

 

“Oh new girlfriend Minhyuk? Dumped the old one already?” Changsub then exclaimed. What in the world is he talking about. Is he still sleeping oh my god.

 

“Shut up Changsub” He turned to ask him to keep quiet. “Ok, lets go to the field to talk” he replied.

 

When we reached the field, there were somewhat of an awkward atmosphere between us. I then decided to break the ice and questioned, “What happened to you and Ji Won? Don’t both of you always sit next to each other during music lessons? Did you make her upset!”

 

“Wow even now her bestfriend is blaming me? She approached me this morning and I was about to give her a kiss when she suddenly asked me why I was dating her if I didn’t like her. She even said that it was because I wanted to copy Daehyun’s homework. What ridiculous is she saying. I’m already so troubled and she’s adding on to everything now. ” he immediately shouted. Everyone in the field then started to turn towards us because of the commotion he made

 

“Shut up. Why are you talking so loudly? Wow and you still dare to ask me why she’s saying all these? Go ask your dearest bestfriend, Sungjae on what he said to Ji Won this morning. He told her that you didn’t truly love her but is just trying to use her. I tried all means to cheer her up but all she did was fake a smile. I could tell how hurt she was and now you’re still blaming her? Clear your with your bunch of btob gang before you go back to her. If you are still lying to your bestfriends that you’re still with Ji Won because of Daehyun, then I suggest you stop hurting her. Oh yeah and whatever Changsub said about me being your new girlfriend, I want no more of this .” I retorted, getting real pissed off on what he just said about Ji Won. He’s just blaming her for adding onto his troubles. What type of nice guy is he. I really didn’t know he was like this, I thought he changed for Ji Won but he was just the same as his typical kingka gang.

 

Minhyuk just stood there, dumbfounded by what I just said. Just as I was about to walk off because it was needless for me to stay in front of him anymore, Daehyun then came stomping in front.

 

“Arrogant bastard who only knows how to cheat on others feelings. I’ve been holding this in from during music lessons. I can't take it anymore. You’re dead.” He threw his fist onto Minhyuk’s face. Minhyuk was so shocked but regained very quickly and just when he was about to punch Daehyun, I rushed in front and stopped him.

 

“Don’t you dare hit Daehyun, Lee Minhyuk” I screamed at his face

 

“Its guys business, get lost.” he shouted back.

 

I took a few steps back, hoping they would just argue instead of fighting. Just then, he lifted up his hand and was about to get revenge when I dashed forward. All that was in my mind was I couldn’t let Daehyun get hurt. I didn't even know why I was feeling like that, but all I felt was a very sharp pain on my stomach as I fell backwards onto daehyun.

 

Ouch, it was so painful that I could barely say, “Stop fighting both of you” before I suddenly passed out.