Chapter 1

Just a Prank

 

 

[Your POV]

 

It was the start of a new school year. It was such a beautiful day, I thought to myself. I got out of bed and headed to the toilet to wash up. Well, washing up wasn’t a problem for me because I didn’t put on much makeup like the rest of the girls in school.  I put on my favourite pullover  and shortsshorts and walked towards the door to put on my boots.

 

Have I mentioned it yet? My parents seldom came home because they had different business jobs to do and were often travelling around. I came from a rich family, I mean,  not any ordinary rich family but a family that had a little say in the country. As for me, I attended a very prestigious high school which only people with connections could go to or students with scholarship could attend.

 

Well anyways, I headed down the steps to the main road and there were many people greeting me. Then, my favourite nanny came up to me and said “Ji Won is here!” Oh, its really been a long time since I’ve seen that girl. She has been so busy with her boyfriend I thought she forgot she had me as her bestfriend. I walked out and pretended not to see her.

 

“Ya JANG IN HEE. I’m here!!! Where do you think you’re going?” she shouted from behind.

 

I laughed at what she said and turned around and beckoned her to come over. “Wow you finally are willing to call me huh!! Do you still remember I’m your bestfriend!”

 

“Oh is someone jealous of my boyfriend?” She teased “I’m sorry In Hee, I’ve been really busy with my relationship I forgot to catch up with you. You know how much he means to me right?”

 

I nodded my head and held her hand and started walking happily and catching up. It’s really been a long time since we’ve chatted so much because of how busy she was.

 

Suddenly, a very tall giant walked out and bumped into me. I was so shocked I fell backwards. Luckily, Ji Won caught me and I was literally in shock I could not comprehend my words. The tall giant stood there and stared at me. I looked up and saw him. I thought, Oh that idiot again.

 

He shouted, “Why do you have those eyes for? Can you see where you are walking? Are you blind? Quickly apologize to me!”

 

I immediately regained my composure and screamed back “Excuse me Yook Sungjae, you were the one who bumped into me first. Stop acting like some big thing just because everyone starts drooling in front of you. Gosh you should be the one apologizing instead of me. I demand an apology right now!”

 

Ji Won looked at sungjae and said “Say sorry to her! Or else I’ll tell my Minhyuk to scold you!”

 

Sungjae basically snickered and said “Minhyuk? Are you in the right mind? He doesn’t even like you. He’s just using you! He just wants to get close to you so that he could copy your dear guy best friend, Daehyun’s homework. He just wants to be the first in class so his parents would buy him a new motorcycle. Do you think he would like you oh my god!” He pointed his fingers from head to toe.

 

Ji Won just looked down, and I couldn’t bear to see her like that. I quickly retorted, “You better apologize right now. If not, I won’t go down easy on you Yook Sungjae.”

 

He just smirked at both of us and checked his watch. “Oh my god! Look at the time. I wasted all my time to play the piano on both of you! You should be the one apologizing and not me. Ew make sure I don’t talk to you anymore.” He quickly dashed off and in a second, he was gone.

 

I turned to Ji Won and said, “You know his character, he’s just lying. Don’t take his words to your heart okay? Minhyuk would definitely not do this to you! I can tell how much he likes you!”

 

Ji Won just slightly nodded her head and smiled. I could tell her smile was being forced out. It really hurt me seeing her like that.

 

Yook Sungjae, you are going to pay for what you did today.  I will make you from a somebody to a nobody.