First Encounters

Love Unexpected [ABANDONED/ WILL NOT BE CONTINUED]

Jiyong

"Come on Gaho, it's time to let Ms. Kim give you a bath." Jiyong said to his cute, innocent looking pet. 

Gaho sat down and wouldn't move. He started to whine. He started to yank at the leash a little, but he wouldn't budge. 

 

"I know she can be a little rough with you, but it's only to make sure that you're clean. I promise it'll be quick."  Jiyong insisted.  He kneeled down to Gaho's height. "Arasso?" 

 

The canine his nose, making Jiyong laugh. He picked him up and carried him the rest of the way to groomer's. 

 

He entered the groomer's with Gaho still in his arms. "Ahjumma, it's Jiyong and Gaho!" 

 

"Help!"  A voice called from inside the shop.   He put Gaho on the floor. 

 

"Stay." He instructed to his dog. Gaho sat down while Jiyong ran to the back room. Ms. Kim was on the ground, shouting in pain. 

 

"Are you okay?" Jiyong asked her. 

 

"My back." She said through gritted teeth. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and called the ambulance. 

 

"They're on their way, Ms. Kim. I won't leave until they get here." He held her hand, letting her know that everything was going to be okay. 

 

Ms. Kim was in a hospital bed with Jiyong and Gaho at her side. 

 

"She sprained her back lifting a box." The doctor said. "She won't be able to work for about two months." 

 

"I can't stop working. I'm fine." She tried to get up, but Jiyong gave her a motion that told her to lay back down. 

 

"Just relax ahjumma, think of it as a vacation."  He told her calmly.

 

"Arasso. You're like the son that I wish I had." Jiyong laughed. "Thank you. Is there anything you need me to do?" 

 

"I need to make a call to someone to watch the store for me."  Ms. Kim requested.  Jiyong handed her the phone that was on the other side of the room. 

 

"I'm going to head home now. If you need anything, you have my number." He picked up Gaho and left. 

 

A few days later, Jiyong and Gaho are headed back to the groomer's. When they get there, no one was in the front. He hoped Ms. Kim had found a suitable replacement for the shop.

 

"Hello? Is anyone here?"  He called out.

 

 A girl who had long legs, brown hair, glasses, and was wearing an adorable outfit came from the back room. 

 

"Sorry, I was cleaning up in the back. How can I help you?"  She asked, smiling.

 

"I wanted my dog to get a bath. Who are you?" He asked, mesmerized. 

 

"I'm Kim Su Hyun. I'm Ms. Kim's niece." She replied.

 

Jiyong reached out to shake her hand, but she instantly got nervous and focused her attention to the wrinkly dog next to Jiyong. 

 

"Whose this little cutie?" She asked the dog as she rubbed Gaho's back.

 

 "That's Gaho."  Jiyong told her.

 

 He handed Gaho to Kim Su Hyun. During the exchange, they blushed when their hands brush up against each other.  

 

"You can come into the other room with us, if you want." Su Hyun said shyly. Jiyong got up and followed them. 

 

The water started to run over Gaho and he started to shake. Su Hyun got soaked when Gaho tried to jump out the tub, but luckily Jiyong rushed over to hold him down. She was almost done giving him a bath when her glasses slid off her face and into the tub. 

 

"Oh no!" She said upset. Jiyong moves his hand around the tub and eventually found them. He grabbed a towel, cleaned them off, and gently put them back on her face. 

Su Hyun finished getting Gaho dried and ready to leave. "You're all done, Gaho." 

 

Gaho walked over to  Su Hyun and her face. 

 

"I think he likes you. Maybe we could hangout together, you know, so you can play with Gaho." Jiyong stuttered. 

 

"That sounds good. Here." Su Hyun handed him a heart shaped sticky note with her number. "Call me whenever you can." 

 

"I will." Jiyong put on Gaho's leash and headed out the door.


Seunghyun

Choi Seunghyun was in desperate need of a suit.  His friend Youngbae was holding a celebratory event in a few days over some weird play he was in, called 'One Night Stand'.  Seunghyun didn't really care about it, but he was ultimately a loyal friend so he ended up agreeing to go.  

The store was occupied by a few other shoppers but it was enough to keep the little boutique going.  Seunghyun was a man of refined style.  He disliked shopping in stores that everyone else went to.  In the most obscure places, true fashion could be found.

 

"Just tell me if it looks alright!"  A girl's voice sounded out.  

 

Seunghyun looked curiously in the direction of the noise.  He was a bit annoyed this girl had to ruin his shopping experience for yelling her private business in the quiet store.  The girl had long brown hair and a pretty face.  Seunghyun moved to a suit rack that fell into her line of vision.

 

"No, I don't care if you can't be here.  I'm not mad at you for bailing.  I just want to now if the dress looks good based on the picture I sent you."  The girl said, exasperatedly.

 

Seunghyun smirked.  He would definitely help her instead of her friend.  He moved forward until she could see he was making her way towards her.  Her eyes widened and dropped open.  He usually had that effect on women.

 

"Choi Seunghyun.  Here to offer my opinion."  He said, bowing only slightly.

 

The girl stuttered.  "Lee Hana.  D-Do you work here?"

 

Seunghyun held back laughter.  The girl had a certain charm about her, he couldn't help but find interesting.  It had been a long while since a girl had truly gained an interest from him.

 

"No, I just like to shop in peace.  If we get your business out of the way, then maybe I can get back to doing that."  He answered.

 

She flushed a deep red.  "Oh, I'm sorry if my phone call disturbed you."

 

Seunghyun ignored her.  "Is that the dress?  I think this one would look much better."

 

He surveyed the rack and pulled out a dress that was navy blue in color.  It looked designed to fit her.  He was a bit of an expert in these things so he knew.

 

She bowed to him and tried it on in the dressing room.  He left the store then.  If anything Choi Seunghyun was mysterious when it came to woman.  The encounter would probably drive her insane with wonder as to who he was.  She would actively come looking for him under the pretense of wanting to thank him.

 

And then he would seal the deal.


Youngbae

"I can't be with you Crystal."  Youngbae cried.

"Wae oppa? I love you." The girl pleaded.

"We're our own poison. In the end, our love would cause our hearts to disintegrate."  Youngbae recited. 

"You never answered my question, oppa." The girl said. 

 

YoungBae grabbed her. "I'll always love you chagiya." He cupped his hands around her face and kissed her. 

 

"Oppa, I'll forever be yours."  The girl, delivered her line, looking into his eyes.

 

"Cut!" Yelled the director from the audience. "The girl who is suppose to play Crystal, will be replaced. I can't take your improv. If you can't remember the name of Youngbae's character, then you should've studied the lines better, days in advance. We have a week to get this play right and our lead actress can't act. You're going to be the death of 'One Night Stand'." He said dramatically. "Take five everyone. Someone go find the understudy." 

 

Youngbae walked to the back of the stage to relax when a girl that he'd never seen before hits him with her shoulder. 

 

"Yah, watch were you're going!" The girl said. 

 

"Jjincha, you saw me coming, so you should've moved. What's your name?"  Youngbae scolded. 

 

"Wae? So you can stalk me?"  The girl shot back.

 

YoungBae sighed heavily. "This girl is going to drive me insane." He said to himself. "She's cute though." 

 

He looked at her up an down. He noticed that she was blushing. She stormed off to the other side of the stage trying to hide her face. Youngbae laughed and walked back on the stage and stands there, waiting for the director's instructions. 

 

"Will the understudy for Crystal come up."  He called out.

 

The girl that Youngbae had met was the understudy. 

 

"Dong YoungBae, this is Choi Yoon-Ji. She'll be the new Crystal." The director said, pointing to the girl.

 

"Ha! You're playing Kim SeungPyo?" She said rudely. 

 

"At least I'm not the understudy." He replied quickly. 

 

"Director, I can't w—." She was interrupted when she almost fell off the stage. 

 

Luckily, Youngbae was there to grab her before she actually fell. They looked into each others eyes for a little bit until she snapped back into reality and threw herself back up. 

 

"You can't what, Yoon-Ji?" The director said with an attitude. 

 

"Oh, I-I was just saying I can't wait to work with him." She put on a fake smile for the director then turned back to Youngbae. 

 

"Let's start from where we left off.  And.....ACTION!" Yelled the director. 

 

"I can't be with you Crystal." Youngbae cried, once again.

 

"Wae SeungPyo? I love you." Yoon-Ji pleaded teary eyed. 

 

"We're our own poison. In the end, our love would cause our hearts to disintegrate."  Youngbae recited. 

 

"You never answered my question, Seungie." Yoon-Ji said, delivering her answering line. 

 

YoungBae grabbed her then. "I'll always love you chagiya." He cupped his hands around her face and kissed her, but this time, the kiss looked weird and awkward. Like a fish trying to eat another fish. 

 

The director started heaving with annoyance. "CUT! What the hell was that? Are you trying to eat off her face Youngbae? Yoon-Ji, are you trying make it seem like you're giving a kiss to your grandmother? Kiss him like he's your lover, the person you can't live without." 

 

Both of them bowed at the director as an apology. He put his hands over his eyes, annoyed. "Alright, that's it for today, I can't take anymore. Everyone go home." 

 

Youngbae grabbed his bag and started walking towards the door, until Yoon-Ji purposely bumped her shoulder into his arm, making him drop everything. 

 

"Yah!" He yelled at her. She ignored him and walked out the door. 

 

"This is going to be one long production." He laughed to himself while picking up his stuff.


Seungri

The price couldn't have be 3000 won.  It was usually 2000 won at most grocery stores.  Seungri couldn't accept this.  He didn't want to have to spend a whole 1000 won more on a cup of ramyun.  Irritated he grabbed the ramyun and marched up to the register.

"What is the meaning of this?!"  He yelled.

 

The cashier who had been bending down to pick something up, raised herself to look at him.  Seungri momentarily forgot what he'd come to the register for.  The woman was attractive.  She looked to be a bit younger than him.  She had high cheekbones, wide eyes, a small and pretty face.  Her long hair flowed down her back.

 

"What can I help you with?"  She asked, politely.  Seungri suddenly snapped out of whatever state he'd been in.  He remembered what his issue was.

 

"What do you think you're doing in this establishment.  Most retail ramyun costs 2000 won and you're here selling it for 3000 won.  Does your boss have no shame?!"  He exclaimed.

 

The girl looked up at him in exasperation.  She looked as if she couldn't believe what was happening.  Seungri supposed that would have irritated him, but this girl was pretty.  He usually couldn't resist pretty women.

 

"You have a job right?"  She asked.

 

He nodded, a little taken aback at the question.  What did having a job have to do with anything?

 

"Then I'm pretty sure you can afford to pay an extra 1000 won.  I have to deal with nasty people everyday complain about their lives.  And hear you are, a twenty something year old complaining about 1000 won like an Ahjumma!  I can't believe this! Are you causing trouble in order to flirt with me?"  She screamed.

 

Seungri recoiled.  The girl did have a point.  He could very much afford the ramyun.  It was just that he'd gotten a little worked up over the difference in prices.  He cleared his throat.

 

"Look, I'm sorry.  I'll pay.  I wasn't trying to flirt with you."  He said, calmly.

 

As he pulled out his wallet, she said something that made him curious.  "Good, because I don't date.  Anyone.  Ever."

 

It wasn't any of his business so he didn't ask.  Besides, there was chance he'd never see her again.  He paid, took his ramyun and left.

 

Seungri pulled out his phone and sent a message to his Jiyong hyung.  He wanted to tell him about the woman he'd met.  Seungri was always attracted to various women.  He usually ended up breaking up with them however.  None of them could really keep up with his strange personality.  He felt the cashier in the downtown supermarket was a woman that could.


Daesung

Lee SooYun and Kang DaeSung had been best friends since second grade. He would always help and protect SooYun because he loved her. She'd had boyfriends, but she always ended up breaking up with them since they didn't like the relationship she had with DaeSung. She never wanted him to know why her relationships failed, but he always found out.

"Why did you break up with this guy?" DaeSung asked.

"He was too immature." She answered.

"But, you've called me immature." He argued.

"I was upset that day, you're not immature or mature, you're somewhere in the middle which is perfect." She countered. "See, you know when and when not to be serious and that's what I really like about you."

"Really like?" He said to himself. "I wish you loved me the way I do, but you keep giving me the feeling that I'm in the friendzone."

"Wanna get something to eat later on?" SooYun asked.

"Yeah, that'll be fun." He smiled, hopefully.

They both said their goodbyes and then DaeSung rushed home. He put on a nice dress shirt, pants and cologne. He took a bottle of wine with him to SooYun's place, but when she answered, she was in sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt.

She looked him over. "Why are you so dressed up? I was just gonna order some pizza, then maybe we could watch a comedy."

Daesung's mouth dropped for a little bit, but then he remembered. There "just friends" in her mind.

After eating they sat down and watched a movie. Daesung noticed that she was falling asleep. He turned off the movie and picked SooYun up to lay her down in her bed. Before leaving, he gently kissed her on her forehead. He walked out of her apartment, making sure that the door was locked.

When he drove back home, he started to think to himself. "I should've told her how I feel. It was the perfect chance and I didn't take it."

Once he reached a stop light he picked up his cell phone and sent her a text message.

11:53pm Daesung: I had a good time, sleep well and I'll talk to you in the morning.

What confused him was that she would say that he's the perfect guy, but after knowing each other for 17 years people ask her about us and she'd say "Daesung, and I? Oh, we're just really good friends.", but it was partially his fault too. He'd never expressed his feelings for her.

When he got home, he took off his shoes and headed into his room. He sent another text, but it wasn't to SooYun, it was to his friends, Jiyong, Seunghyun, Seungri, and Taeyang.

12:05pm Daesung: Do you guys mind if we all meet up sometime this week? It's kinda important.

Taeyang: Yeah, I don't have rehearsal tomorrow.

Jiyong: Tomorrow's good.

Seunghyun: Same here

Daesung: What about Sengri?

Seungri: Sorry, I was in the bathroom. I'm fine with tomorrow.

It was set, the group of friends decided to meet up. It had been a while since they'd done this, but with what was going on, it seemed very necessary.


Reya:  OMG GUYS!  First chaper! What do you guys think?  Is it interesting or boring?  Should we spice things up a bit?  I'd love to see you guys try to guess who wrote which parts too. Hahaha!

LinHa: I'm so excited to write this for you guys!!!! I love the fact that I can do a collaboration with one of my best friends & I hope you like this as much as we do.