Chapter 1 : I'm Sorry

Sky Is The Limit

In the Middle

 

Silence filled the dark night as a tall man was standing at the summit of the peak, a place where he let everything that is disturbing his mind. Apart from the moon shining its light, he was also accompanied by shadow and the thick fog surrounding the mountain. The moist air kissed his face and the wind let out a low whooshing sound as it softly blew towards his direction, adding coldness to the ice-cold temperature at the summit.

 

He looked up, his hazel orbs met the glowing stars and the moon in the dark sky. A tear slipped down from the corner of his eyes, silently landing on the ice ground, slowly merging itself onto the ice. His eyes moved to the left and he locked his gaze with the thick fog surrounding him. Knowing that he didn’t have his power to help him, he continued his steps. Without his wings to carry him, he jumps, falling down into the darkness.

 

As he fell, he felt numb. He had no other feeling. He closed his eyes softly and felt the cold, icy air that surrounded him. He spread his arms, welcoming his inevitable, ice-cold doom. His wings remained stationary, flapping rapidly only due to the friction of air he hit as he fell.  They remained hopeless, and dead. He felt it coming, he knew the time was coming soon.

 

“Just another second,” he thought.

 

He gave a sad smile, thinking of his family back at home, and his child he left at such a young age. He started to cry. He opened his eyes and saw it. Icy stakes only just a few meters away from him, only just a few seconds until it stabbed him to eternal death-

 

Until a strong wind came from nowhere, swooping him away, onto it and cushioning him from the sudden change of direction. He saw nothing, only the sight of the stakes getting farther and farther away as the invisible wind carried him back to where he started. Any other person would have thought this impossible; how can a strong wind enter such a narrow place?

 

But he knew. He knew too much. He felt a mixture of guilt, relief and anger as the so-called wind put more distance between him and the death that he escaped.

 

As he arrived back onto the peak, the wind dropped him onto a soft patch of grass. He sat there breathing in the fresh air, as the sun began to emerge from the horizon.

 

He shielded his eyes from the bright sunlight when suddenly, a shadow towered over him, blocking the light. He looked up. A pale boy, as pale as a corpse, wearing a black hoodie stood right in front of him.

 

“Sehun.”

 

“Kris, I’m sorry.”

 

Kris searched Sehun’s eyes. The usually blank and cold stare he gives people was absent, but replaced with a wild and hurried look instead.

 

“I had to do it, I had no choice.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

mianhae for the short chapter *bows* but enjoy!