4. Physical Touch

5 Languages of Love
 
Languages of Love #4: Physical Touch
 
 
 
"If this is the language of your partner they will be very affectionate or, as some like to call it, touchy-feely. to them means much more than just an - it is a way to connect. If you deny someone who speaks this love language, they may feel unloved."
 
 
 
(Bold - Him)
 
(Italic - Her)
 
 
 
Is it weird that my own boyfriend doesn't usually hold my hand whenever we go out? Or steal kisses every now and then? I really love him but.. he barely shows it..  We often lost each other in the middle of the crowd whenever we go shopping. Guys hit on me thinking I'm always alone whenever we go out. Even elderly passers by comments how cute of a brother to take his sister out for shopping. Us? Brothers and sisters?..
 
 
 
 
Skinship? What is it exactly? It's not even in the dictionary.. From what I heard, it all about the physical contact we do with a person. Usually used around couples. Is it weird that I don't like so much skinship? Even around my girlfriend. Yes, I hold her hand occasionally. She doesn't seem to mind though. Although, it's been getting to me that guys hit on her. Even when I'm around! I guess it's my fault though. Her friends told me that she's the type of person who shows love through physical contact. Simple hugs and kisses will make her happy. I love her. I guess I have to start showing her in a way she'll feel more appreciated.
 
 
 
 
My girl slept over one night. The following day, I got up from a very chilly morning. I checked my phone and saw it was 0 degrees. I quickly went to the thermostat and turned it up. I went back to bed and saw her lying peacefully. I gently tucked the hair falling on her face. I saw goosebumps forming on her arms and shoulders. She must be cold. I went back to bed and cuddled her close to me. Not just close like my arms around her, but almost her top half on me. Making sure she's warm enough. Soon enough, her eyes fluttered open. She noticed how close we were and quickly got up.
 
 
 
 
"You should've wake up. I'm sorry"
 
 
 
 
"What for?"
 
 
 
 
"I know you don't like being too close."
 
 
 
 
Sh*t! I've really done it. She got out of bed and head towards the bathroom to wash up. I went up to her and circled my arms around her waist as she wipes her face with a towel.
 
 
 
 
"What are you doing?"
 
 
 
 
"Trying to show my girlfriend how much I love her."
 
 
 
 
"You don't have to do that"
 
 
 
 
"I think I do." I turned her around and lifted her up, sitting her beside the sink.
 
 
 
 
"I know I'm not the best at showing. But it's affecting you so I'm willing to change."
 
 
 
 
"What kind if girlfriend would I be if I let you change yourself for me? I know you don't like it so its okay. I understand. I'm trying to understand."
 
 
 
 
"But I'm changing for the better. I love you. And it's about time I start showing the world that you are mine. No more guys hitting on you. No more grannies assuming we're siblings."
 
 
 
 
"But-" I interrupted her with a kiss. It's been a while since I kissed her. I missed how soft her lips was. How our lips were molded perfectly with each other. I pulled her close and deepened the kiss. I grabbed her legs and wrapped it around my waist. Hoisted her up and gently brought her back to bed. I pulled back for air and hovered on top of her.
 
 
 
"Do you love me?"
 
 
 
 
"I do." I looked at her lovingly and interlinked my hands with hers.
 
 
 
 
"Then it's about time I show you how much I love you" I whispered as I started kissing her along her jawline, her collarbones and her lips. I love her so much. Getting intimate isn't that bad..