5. Acts of Service

5 Languages of Love

 

 
Language of Love #5: Acts of Service
 
 
 
"Some people find pleasure in doing things for other. This may mean that they will feel loved when their partners help out with chores or doing things for them. However, acts of services should be done of love, not obligation" 
 
 
(Bold - Him)
 
(Italic - Her)
 
 
 
I consider myself as the most luckiest person on earth. Being with the man you love who is still completely in love with you ,despite being together for so long, is what every person wants. His simple gestures like bringing me lunch to work whenever I forgot mine, taking out the trash whenever I don't want to and even helping me buy pads whenever I ran out. Now that I think about it, not once he complained. Is he hiding his true feelings about it? I need to know. I don't want him to think I'm taking advantage of him. I love him.
 
 
 
 
He took me out for dinner in a really fancy restaurant one night. There was no special occasion, unless there is and I completely forgot about it. Everyone was wearing semi-formal clothes. The menu was expensive as well. I look over to him and he was beaming at me.
 
 
 
 
"Anything you like?"
 
 
 
 
"Um.."
 
 
 
 
"Nothing? We can go to a different restaurant" he said, about to stand. You took his hand across the table, preventing him from standing up.
 
 
 
 
"No. It's not that. It's.. It's expensive"
 
 
 
 
"Don't worry about that. Just order whatever you like"
 
 
 
 
Seems like I can't argue on this so I just ordered the cheapest one and hope its delicious. Soon enough, the waiter took our order and then left. I need to confront him.
 
 
 
 
"Babe, why are you so nice to me?"
 
 
 
 
"What kind of a question is that? Your my girlfriend. I'll do anything"
 
 
 
 
"Doesn't it bother you? You even went out to buy me pads!"
 
 
 
 
"Of course it doesn't. Isn't it too obvious that its not for me? Haha~"
 
 
 
 
I don't know how to tell him. I looked down on my lap, fiddling with my fingers, thinking how should I approach this. He reached for my chin, forcing me to look up.
 
 
 
 
"You shouldn't worry about such trivial things. I do those because I love you. I feel happy whenever I get to help you, cause those things I do make you happy. Even if they sound ridiculous at times" 
 
 
 
 
He said with full sincerity. He gestured for you to bring up your hand for him to hold. 
 
 
 
 
"And I'll be happy to help you forever"
 
 
 
He stood up going beside your seat and kneeled down on one knee. He took out a red velvet box and hold it out in front of you.
 
 
 
 
"I do those things out of love, and not because I'm obligated to do so. And I don't mind doing it for you forever. I love you. Will you marry me?"
 
 
 
 
Tears started forming at the corners of your eyes. You were speechless. You pulled him up and hugged him. He spun you around and give you a loving peck on the lips.
 
 
 
 
"Babe, you haven't really answer my question.."
 
 
 
 
"Of course, I'll marry you" you replied as he slip the ring on your left ring finger. The other customers applaud both of you.
 
 
 
 
"Is it an obligation now?"
 
 
 
 
"Nope, still for love" kissing you again.