Like Tears Falling From an Ugly Sky

I Love You

Two days after the unsuccessful trip to the police station, I was standing at the window to our backyard and staring at the graying sky. Thick clouds were starting to accumulate in the distance and I could smell the rain in the air. Seung Hyun came up and hugged me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Everything okay, Baby?" he asked softly.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking," I said absently, my eyes focused on the nearing storm.

"What about?"

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how, either. I remained silent.

Seung Hyun kissed the side of my neck and looked out the window, too. I know he felt as empty as me. Of course he did.

Kwon Ji Yong and Lee Seung Hyun had virtually gone into hiding. It was like they didn't have the nerve nor dignity to be seen around us and this confused me.

Friends should remain together. Band members who are as close as Big Bang is, should always stay together- through everything. Seungri was falling apart by himself and Ji Yong did meet up with me, but only once. We'd received phone calls and letters from Dong Young Bae, but he was in America finishing his solo tour at this point.

 As the rain got closer, it started to pour down, washing over everything and coming in a steady wave over our house. Before I know it, I began to cry in my husband's arms. The hole in my heart was so lonely and painful. I felt helpless and so alone.

"Please come back to us, Mi-Na. Please! I miss you so much." I screamed out at the storm clouds.

I started beating on the glass window and screaming. I wanted to break out of Seung Hyun's grasp and run out in the storm to scream and curse the sky and the rain for allowing this to happen.

Seung Hyun turned me around to face him and bear-hugged me to his chest as the rain picked up. The rain pounded on the roof and the gutters and soaked the lawn, Mi-Na's toys and our little swing set.

We sank down to our knees and both of us cried until we were drowned out by the rain storm. The shower grew in strength until it was covering the majority of Seoul. I felt in my heart that all the VIPs sat near their windows and mourned with us. The rain looked like tears falling from an ugly sky.

 Seung Hyun and I cried ourselves to sleep beneath the window, right there on the soft carpet safe in each other's arms. Our hearts ached.

 We awoke four hours later from the door bell buzzing. I sat up and looked at the view screen on the wall. I recognized Taecyeon and Chansung of 2PM and Minzy of 2ne1. Thunder and Lee Joon of MBLAQ were at our door as well.

 

 I stood up and straightened my hair and shirt and helped Seung Hyun stand and collect himself before I answered the door.