01

Love Gone Rotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Drip.

Drip.

Drip. 

The water clung onto Hyuna’s dishevelled short blonde hair and clothes continued to trickle onto the floor, as she entered the trailer, leaving a spotted trail behind her.  The trailer was the home of her boyfriend.  She stepped carefully through the trailer, tip-toeing her way through, briefly stopping to take off one of her heels which had broken along the way.

He was in front of her, wearing only low-rider jeans, standing by the doorway to the bedroom. 

Jang Hyunseung.

But from his unsteady steps and dull eyes, Hyuna knew Hyunseung couldn’t see her.  They merely brushed shoulders as he walked passed without a second glance. 

There was something about the rain that made the day feel a lot more depressing than usual for her.  Was it because she remembered that on days like these, there was once a time he would take a towel and affectionately ruffle her hair until it was dry or even scold her for not bringing an umbrella and getting wet?

Hyuna doesn’t know what she’s doing here anymore.  He couldn’t even tell that she had tripped and broken a heel.

He must have been not as drunk as she thought he was because she felt that his arms suddenly wrapped around her from behind, his head leaning on her shoulder. 

He commented, “You’re wet.”  And Hyunseung spun around her to face him.

Hyuna momentarily thought that he would ask her for the reason as to why she was drenched, but she then cursed at herself because as soon as they faced each other, he pulled her waist closer to his and kissed her roughly.   Despite everything, his almond shaped eyes were just as mesmerising as the first time she stared into them.   But she reminded herself that it was foolish to hope for anything.

She could drown into his scent and touch, but that was only a temporary bliss.  It was always the same routine.  She would come home.  They would sleep together.  She would then leave disappointed at herself.  But then she would eventually come back to him anyway. 

Rinse. Recycle. Repeat.

“Why are you doing this to me?” Hyuna asked.  She knew that wasn’t the question she should be asking.  She really should be asking herself, despite all of this, why hasn’t she left?

They were pass having shy glances, nervous handholding and the high of going on dates together.  Now, she knew they had become nothing more than strangers sleeping in the same bed.

Hyunseung was sitting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter