Chapter 24 - Screw up

One Sided Love

 

Chapter 24
 
"Kai is definitely right. I can't ignore them for the rest of my life. Is either I choose one of them or I reject both." You muttered to yourself while walking down the hallway. It was after class, Taehyung and Baekhyun were packing as you took the chance to escape from them. 
 
You stop walking as you reach your locker. As always, you shove some of books inside, leaving those important ones with you. After you are done, you shut the locker and continue to make your way down the hallway. You then turn around the corner only to bump into someone. 
 
"Mianhae! I didn't mean to bump into you." You shrieked, fearing that it was gonna be some bully that will beat the crap outta you after your careless act. "How long are you gonna avoid me?" 
 
*Crap. How did he manage to find me?* You look up, and BAM! It was indeed him. The person you didn't want to see right now. "B-Baekhyun ah." You stuttered. He glare at you and folded his arms. He was now angry. That was something you can definitely confirm. "Park Sooyeon." 
 
"What?" You yelled, annoyed by the way he calls your name. In the past, Baekhyun would always use his most gentle and soothing tone to call your name. But this time, it consist of anger and frustration. You can't blame him though,  is not his fault. "Don't what me. Why are you avoiding me?" He question you back again. 
 
 "Wait! Is Taehyung here as well?" You peek over his back, searching for Taehyung's familiar figure. "No. He's not here." You heaved a sigh of relief and place your hand over your beating heart to calm yourself down. "Now, answer me. Why the hell are you avoiding me?" He asked again, this time in a more hurtful tone. 
 
"I'm not avoiding you, alright ? I got to go, my cat is waiting for me to feed him lunch." 
 
You turn around to walk away, but Baekhyun wasn't going to let you off that easily. He took a hold of your wrist and spun you around. Because of your clumsiness, you stumbled a little and fall into Baekhyun's embrace. "Yah! Byun Baekhyun, let me go." You struggle to get out of his arms but he easily overpowered you.
 
"Was is because of the confession I made a few days ago ?" He whispered, and the words that came out from his mouth caught your attention. When your eyes met his, you realise that he had a bitter expression stuck on his face. Guilty was the word to describe your feelings now. *He must have felt so terrible when I ignored him.*
 
"Tell me, was it because of the confession i made that day? Are you...... burdened with that?" 
 
"Aniyo, I ----" 
 
He cut you off. " I didn't mean it to be like that. I thought, you will feel happy when I confess to you. I guess, it was only me. I'm sorry. " as he whispered the last word to you, his grip on you slowly became loose as well. You widened your eyes when you realise he was already walking away from you. "Baekhyun!" You yelled, praying that he will turn back to let you explain, but he didn't. 
 
You knew he was hurt, and it was all your fault now. *Baekhyun-ah..*
 
Later, you went back home with a heavy heart. You recalled back then when you promise Baekhyun you will never hurt him like what his father did. But this time, you broke the promises. He was now hurt because of you.
 
The doorbell then echoed the whole house, as you stood up. The door opened by is own self. "Taehyung?" You blinked, shock that he was in your house right now. It wasn't like this was his first time here, but is been so long since he had come to your house."Sooyeon-ah." He called and place the key on your table. 
 
"What are you doing here? And why are you even drenched?" You said as you ran to your bedroom to take a clean towel for him. "Is raining! Why didn't you bring an umbrella ?" You scolded him. Angry at the fact that he should take care of himself more. He shook his head unkowingly as he stare into your eyes. You were helping him to dry his hair with the towel. Just then, he hold your wrist, signalling you to stop what you were doing.
 
"Why? What's wrong ? Are you alright?" You cupped his face with the other hand while looking worriedly at him. His action were scaring you, that was a confirmed. "Do you hate me?" He question you softly. "Bwoh? What are you talking about ? I don't hate you." You furrowed your eyebrows at his weird question. 
 
"Then, does that mean you love me?" He ask you again, this time in a more serious tone. 
 
"I-I don't know. " you stuttered, hoping that he was going to stop asking you all these weird question. "Just freaking tell me!" You flinched at his loud voice. It was rare to see Taehyung loses his temper. You took in a deep breathe and shove him away.
 
"Fine! I admit! I love you from the start.! But now? I don't know anymore. Why? You hurt me so much. I was always there for you. Just after Hyeri came, you totally forgotten about me. It was like, I was invincible for you. All you care about was Hyeri! What about me? I care about you so much, but have my feelings ever cross your mind? Do you know how much I was hurting because of you? I felt like dying! But, everytime your smile would always cheer me up. I will always remind myself that, as long as you are happy, I'm fine letting you go." 
 
"I'm fine letting myself hurt, I'm fine sacrificing my stupid feelings for you!" You cried and hide your face behind your hands. Taehyung was shocked at your sudden outburst, he walk forward and wrapped his arms around your waist. But you immdiately shove him away.
 
"I don't need you to care about me right now. Is late, you should go home now." You  close your eyes while letting the tears flow out of it. 
 
"I'm sorry for hurting you." That was the last thing you heard before the door closes. 
 
You slumped down onto the couch and punched the cushion. "Stupid Park Sooyeon! You screw up big time!"