3

Dark Angel

I like waking up in the same place. It's comforting and welcoming. It felt safe.

But today was a little different.

Sitting across from me was a boy dressing in white. He stared at me, equally confused as to why there was another person sitting next to them.

At first, I thought I was dreaming. Dreaming about the boy in front of me, still awaiting to be woken up by the usual sight of white.

But when he reached out and touched my own outstretched hand, a spark sizzled against the connected skin. He jumped back, clearly startled. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it after a moment. He curled into a ball and inched to the furthest corner this area allowed. By his cautious eyes, I knew he felt alarmed and scared. I smiled assuringly and got up. I walked over to him, slowly, and crouched right next to him.

He wasn't just a small boy. He was a teenage boy with gentle and youthful features. He looked at me as if I'd hurt him but I gave him a small smile.

"Hello there." I say softly, as if speaking to a frightened child. His glare he gave me, didn't intimidate me, for I was used to it. The fierce boy behind the black wall was far more terrifying than this cute doe eyed boy.

"What's your name?" I ask softly.

"Where am I?" He asked instead of answering. His voice was soft, the complete opposite of menacing. I smiled as I looked up.

"Heaven I think." I answer back. I soon regretted answering because the latter started grabbing at his hair and shaking. His mutters were shaky and incoherent.

"No....no.......no...." He whimpered as he started to rock back in forth in a fetus position. Before I could even register what was happening, the redhead began to sob. I froze, not knowing what to do. I stared at him as he sobbed loudly, hiccuping, with tears streaming down his face.

I awkwardly reached my hand out and gently his back. This made him stop and stare at me, tears obstructing his view.

"Hey.... It's okay...." I say softly, hoping to comfort him. I smile to assure him. He sniffles and wiped at his eyes. When he was composing himself, I asked him:

"What's your name? My name is Haneul." I watched as he bit his lip, hesitating.

"Lu-Luhan." he said quietly. "How'd I get here?! I can't be dead!" his voice rose and I just blinked at him. Luhan then grabbed a fist full of his hair and started to rock back and forth again. I patted his back softly.

"Do you remember anything?" I ask him as I pat his back continually. Luhan froze on the spot.

"C-Can I be left alone for a little bit? I n-need some space..." Luhan said quietly. Due to his request, I nodded and pushed myself up. When I started to walk away, I turned around to look at the sobbing male again.

"Don't go anywhere." I said. Then I walked right out of view. I wasn't sure why I told him that, but I suddenly felt I had to.

I walked the familiar pathway, grabbing the golden rail to keep hold of my light body. I walked further, going left like always. When I saw black tinted glass, I walked a little faster, happy to see the nameless male I yearned to see. He was staring in my direction, as if waiting, until he saw me. He turned around quickly and huffed. I sat comfortably  next to the stone cold wall, looking at the side view of the other.

"I thought you left for the angels." he said quietly, a slight hint of anger in his voice. I smiled sweetly. He had never started our conversation and this wasn't a way to send me away. You can say I am a little happy.

"I met someone today. He was sleeping next to me when I woke up. Should I tell him to go to the Angels too?" I ask. The fierce other only glared.

"If he is in the same place as you,  he should have a reason to be there. Otherwise he would've already left." He replied. He crossed his arms as he leaned against the wall. Even though silence followed, I didn't mind. I took a minute to analze his face like I've done dozens of times. He had jet black hair, with dark eyes to match. His eyes had dark circles underneath them, but it looked entirely natural on him. His lips were uniquely shaped, pink, ans soft looking. He had a sharp chin and a lean neck. He was tall and well built.

"Will you stop staring." he grumbled, twitching slightly. Heat rises to my cheeks and I look away.

"You're extremely handsome." I say quietly. He didn't reply back or make any signs of going to. He continuesly snuck glances at the entrance of the area, where I always came from. A realization then hit me.

"W-Wait, did you say he has a reason to be there? What did you mean?" I ask suddenly. The mystery male gave me a look and raised a brow. He bit his lip as if thinking. In my head, I prayed he'd tell me. Maybe I have a reason for being here too.

We sat there, me waiting for an answer and him, clearly not giving it. Just as I was thinking about giving up, I got up. I sighed as I took one more look at the other. Our eyes locked and I froze on the spot.

"He's there because he isn't dead yet. Or something is holding him back. The secret is whether he stays or not." he says before getting up. He dusts himself off and then slinks farther past the wall into the pitch black darkness. No good bye.

I stay for a bit, wondering if he'd come back. I wished he could've told me more.

Finally getting back to my senses, I raced back to my area, where I hoped to see the redhead. I hope he didn't leave.

I let out a yelp as it took my half of the pathway to see the redhead just standing there. He looked terrified.

"W-Why were you over there? Whats over there? What's on the other path?" he asked all at once. His voice was shaky and his body shuddered visibly. I smiled softly, relieved he hadn't left yet.

"Did you follow me?" I ask. When no answer is giving back, I decided it'll be better if I answered his first. "A friend lives here. But he's not very friendly. The other side is where the Angels are, so I'm told." I explain. Luhan tilts his head in confusion.

"You're not an angel?" he asked. I laugh softly.

"No. ......Maybe." I say, unsure myself.

"Oh.." He said. "....and yes, I followed you. But I got scared half way." he admitted. His cheeks blush pink and I laugh again.

"It's okay. I felt the same way before too. It's alright." I step toward him, and we walk back to the plush white setting. I plop down on the fluff, and watched Luhan do the same.

"Are you okay?" I ask the doe eyed boy. He nodded, and sighed. A few moments passed before he spoke.

"May I asked how you died?"  Luhan asked me, his eyes curious. 

"... A car hit me." I answer back quietly. I ponder about what mystery boy told me earlier. ".... My friend says we are here for a reason. He says we aren't dead. So I haven't.... 'died' yet." 

With my reply, Luhan jumps up and almost beams at me like the sun. 

"I'm not dead?! Oh my god! Thank you!" He smiles so wide that it kind of looked creepy. I smile as he pranced around happily. He sang, strings of words filled with happiness., and I wondered what happened to the timid young man awhile ago.

In the midst of his happy dance a bright light flashed making us freeze and cover our eyes. A soft thud was heard and we peeked from beneath our fingers .

To my amazement, there was a body there. Luhan and I rushed to the unconscious body, terrified yet excited.

It was a male. He was tall and lean. His hair surprised me most, being array of colors. He had a sharp chin and impressive Jawline. His collarbone was beautifully cut and his skin was a milky white. 

He had a strong resemblance to Luhan which shocked me. What was even stranger was how Luhan gawked at him as if he was about to cry.

"Sehunnie!?"