1

Dark Angel

Life had flashed before my eyes. Bright lights then darkness. There was no way this could be anything else.

I had died.

 

It was my fate. The speeding drunk driver hit me was I walked across the darkened street. I felt a surge of pain all over my body, then nothing. Darkness turned to light as I fluttered my eyes open.

White was the only thing I could describe.

I breathed in and the air is fresh and crisp. Air has never felt so wonderful. I was laying flat on my back on, what I presumed was a pillow. My eyes adjusted to the brightness and I looked around.

Nothing but white fluffiness.

I slowly got up, my body feeling light. I was wearing a white dress with soft lining.

Is this what death felt like? It definitely felt different.

I walked on, not really going anywhere. When my feet met white marble, a chill ran up my spine. A cold pathway showed itself. The railing was gold and I held onto it. My body was light as a feather. It was very odd. Maybe one gust of wind, and I'll be blown away.

I followed the path way to who knows where. It felt like it went on forever. 

Suddenly there's a fork in the road. Both paths were covered in the white fluffiness of heaven. There were no signs like they have in the movies. I thought for some time, then just let my gut choose. I decided to go left.

Maybe it was a bad decision. The white clouds turned gray, and the ground turned to dark dirt. 

Just one look at the simple changes, and I wanted to run back. Something in me felt a tug and made me keep going in that direction. 

I seemed to go no where.

 

At the end of this strange place, there's nothing but a black glass wall.

Its not the wall that caught my eyes. It was the boy who sat on the other side.

He sat there, looking lonely. The moment his eyes caught me, I only drew closer. He inched away but he couldn't really go anywhere.

"You shouldn't be here. You're on the wrong side. Angels stay on the other side." he said almost too quiet for me to hear.

"An angel? Is that what I am?" I ask out loud. Ignoring my questions, he turned so I faced his back. I pouted but came closer.

"Why are you in there? Where am I?" I ask, touching the glass. This immediately makes him turn around and get up.

"My heart is tainted." His death glare pierced through my skin. "You belong in heaven. You belong with the Angels. You should leave. Now."

Even though he told me to go, his eyes told me something else.

His eyes screamed like a cry for help.