Candies and Heartaches

Candies and Jars
The boy couldn't get his smile off his face though the irritating noise filled the room.
 
“Awe, Baozi's in-love! Who is it?”
 
The boy silently gasped as the baby faced and doe-eyed boy peered at him. The baozi boy had his brows furrowed, looking around everywhere except the cute yet irritating face of the deer peering at him. The bells rang and he was the first to stand up.
 
“Bye, Min-Min!”
“Bye, Lu Han.”
 
Perhaps... he was in-love.
 
 
~
 
 
Xiumin quickly stepped out of the car once the car stopped inside the entrance of the big mansion. He adjusted the bag to his arm and smiled and bowed back to his father, rapidly looking back on his way and slightly running inside the mansion. He heard the piano playing and it was like the same piano piece yesterday. He was excited to see the girl again.
 
He walked inside the living room and rested his bag on the floor, quickly plopping on the couch just close by the window. He looked through the window and watched the girl play the piano, being mentored by the butler. Her fingers were slowly dancing on the piano keys with a pause interrupting every now and then. Xiumin was smiling while watching her but his smile vanished when he saw the butler slamming his stick on the piano, yelling at her and scolding her. She kept her head down and trembled, jumping at every slam the stick would produce. The candies in her hands fell to the floor when the butler made the last slam before walking away. She got out from her seat and kneeled on the floor, looking for the candies only by tapping her hands on the floor. She kept a straight look on her eyes but her eyes showed sadness.
 
Xiumin watched her and realized she was blind.
 
His face made a frown when the girl gave out small sobs and stood up, sitting back down on the chair. She rested her hands back on the piano keys and tried to play the piece she was trying to learn for a long time. He stood up and approached her, sitting beside the space left on the chair. He placed his hands on the piano keys and his fingers started dancing. Her lips brought out a small smile which made Xiumin smile as well. He played the musical piece since it was his favourite. Smooth, calming and beautiful.
 
“Follow me.”
 
Xiumin pressed the piano keys one by one and the girl followed what he did, only with a higher note. He smiled not only because he helped the girl, but also because she was happy and she was learning the musical piece she longed to learn... even just the first part.
 
Xiumin stopped playing and took a candy, a cute red one similar to the one he took days ago. He smiled as he looked at the candy between his fingers, comparing it on how the colour of the candy was similar to her lips.
 
“Why are you helping me?”
 
The girl uttered softly, her fingers resting on the piano keys but not dancing. Xiumin looked down at her hands and gave out a shrug.
 
“I wanted to hear you play that musical piece. It's my favourite.”
 
The girl gave a faint nod and a faint smile, humming for a moment. Xiumin looked at the candy and then at the girl.
 
“Say 'aah'.”
 
The girl did what she was told and the boy fed the candy to , his fingers accidentally touching her lips. The girl gave a joyful smile now that she inquired the candy. This made Xiumin smile as well, but he felt a pain in his chest which made him grunt a bit. The girl's smile fades as he took out a small container with pills inside it. He placed one in his hand and quickly took it. The pain vanished away, but the worries didn't.
 
“Are you alright?”
 
Xiumin nodded with a reassuring smile, even though he knew the girl wouldn’t see it.
 
“I’m okay.”
 
His head twitched back when he heard a door in the hallway open. He quickly stood up from the chair and hastily hid behind the piano, whispering.
 
“Play it.”
 
The girl adjusted herself on the chair and started to play the first part of the piano piece. The butler was shocked when he entered the music room. He noticed her playing the musical piece and she improved. Xiumin stayed still and quiet.
 
“You’re doing great.”
 
Xiumin grinned to himself and he knew very well that the girl was smiling too. The butler tapped the girl’s shoulder and left the room once more. The moment Xiumin heard the door in the hallway close; he poked up his head from behind the piano, giving her a cute smile.
 
“Nice playing!”
“Thank you.”
“You’re welcome.”
 
 
From that moment, he understood why the candies filled the jar that used to be empty.