Chapter 10

Second Chance

Standing in the middle of the garden he designed and helped to create, Andy took a moment out from his task to mull over what had happened to him. He was still trying to get his own head around it, but in the long run, it didn’t matter that much anymore. He was back in Jeju.

 

And he was staying.

 

Two weeks had passed since the secret of Jiyeon’s betrayal and arrest was revealed and the vandals that had been harassing Andy already been arrested. The court date had been set for next month and while the men Jiyeon hired to attack him were languishing in jail, she had somehow managed to make bail and was holed up somewhere in Jeju. Andy didn’t exactly know where, but Eric assured him that she wasn’t going to be a bother to them.

 

Andy didn’t know what had transpired after Jiyeon was outed and he with Eric left to mingle at the opening party. About an hour later, Eric’s sister and mother joined, without Jiyeon. Andy couldn’t help but to feel partly responsible for the brewing family feud.

 

Eric, however, was quick to remind him that it wasn’t his fault. Jiyeon had started it all, she was the one who broke them apart and kept that lie for six years without remorse. There was to be no blame placed on Andy. At all.

 

Andy still didn’t know what to think of Jiyeon. Or feel for that matter. He felt betrayed by her and a little bit guilty to have listened to her in the first place. But she had said all the right, or rather wrong, things to say to him, cutting him to the core.

 

At first, after Andy found out that she had manipulated him for the sake of money. He was bewildered and angry. But now, well, he felt pity for her. Or maybe it was simply mercy. Mercy toward someone who had none of her own. She was so hell-bent on getting everything she wanted that she lost everything she ever had – trust, respect.

 

From now on she would be looked upon with trepidation and suspicion. From everyone. From her own family, to those whom Eric and Andy associated themselves with. They knew, somehow, that she was the one who forced them apart and felt angry at her on their behalf.

 

But Andy could feel their gazes on him as well. They were worried about him, Andy could tell. They were a worried that they could say or do the wrong thing to make his self-esteem plummet once again. And, Andy was a little worried about that as well.

 

For the past six years, he had tried to be perfect and selfless, for that was what he supposed to be. He was a man, someone who catered to everyone else’s needs beside his own. Other people’s ideas and happiness were far more important than his own. He tried to ignore the feelings of longing and hurt by covering them up with work. He didn’t realized that making himself unhappy was making those around him worried.

 

He didn’t realized how unhappy he was until he came back to Jeju and saw Eric again. All the pain and longing came rushing back. The truth was right there, blatant and powerful; he loved Eric. He never stopped loving him.

 

Knowing that you had a low self-esteem was different to admitting it. He always knew, but he never did anything about it as he wasn’t worth the time nor effort. It was a rather vicious cycle, really.

 

But, just the other day Andy finally admitted it. He told Eric straight up about his problem. It has been nerve-wracking and downright scary to admit that, but at the same time, it felt good. If he was to be honest with Eric and his feeling for him, he first need to be honest with himself. He didn’t like his low self-worth. And with Eric’s help, he was going to hold a healthier self-image.

 

For Eric and himself. He wasn’t going to run anymore.

 

Andy almost jumped out of his skin when he felt a pair of strong arms wrap around him from behind. But he soon relaxed when he realized it was Eric.

 

“Hey,” Eric muttered as he rested his chin on Andy’s head.

 

“Hey yourself,” Andy murmured in reply as he settled himself against Eric embrance.

 

“Almost done?” Eric asked him, indicating to the light ha had just installed.

 

Andy smiled and nodded. “Yep. They’re solar powered as well, so as soon as it gets dark enough, they’ll on”

 

“Hmm, lets wait and see then”

 

Andy’s smile became warmer as he nestled himself in Eric’s embrace. He never thought that he would be here again, wrapped up in Eric’s arms – so warm and loving. Or feel his lips, heated and passionate against his ever again. Six years was very long time. He never wanted to leave again. Never. It had been so painful.

 

But now.. it was almost as all nothing but a dream. Those six years were gone. It’s over now. He was back – in Eric’s arm, in Eric’s life.

 

And whenever he felt the weight of his engagement ring on his finger, it brought home the realization that it was all real. He was going to be married, to Eric – the man he loved with all his heart.

 

And felt sage with Eric. Safe as in giving him his love and same with receiving it. And he was free to openly express it. Eric was a bit more bold in his acts of affection while Andy was still a little bit timid. He wasn’t all that good in initiating them. But if Eric kissed him, he was mist certainly going to kiss back.

So, it wasn’t hard to believe that they were going to get married in a few week’s time.

 

Even so, Inyoung made sure never forgot the fact that he was getting married as well. The slightly older woman was busily planning the wedding, which Eric, not all that surprisingly, didn’t have much say in that matter. So, he just let her do everything she want. Besides, it was what she loved to do and she told Eric not to worry about the minor details and simply spend time with Andy instead.

 

One thing Andy did manage to request from the busy woman, was that they wanted to get married on the part of the private beach of Purple Hibiscus. Inyoung swoon about it being so romantic and quickly agreed. What else she had planned, no one knew. Or was willing to tell them.

 

It was probably going to be a surprised wedding! Andy had to admit, he was a little amused that he had no say in his own wedding plans.

 

But the Eric pointed out that it proved that his family loved him. He was a lovable person; not perfect. Loveable. That was all that mattered to them. This was their way of showed their support to them. To him.

 

Andy had to surprised Eric with a kiss after that, just so he couldn’t see the tears that were welling in his eyes. Andy now truly understood and appreciated the support and love that the Mun’s had always shown him.

 

Andy wasn’t aware of how much time had passed until the solar lights around them flickered on. Lightening up the darkness that had descended. The lights lined the walk ways and little fairy lights were hung on the trees. It was beautiful. The lights were sofy, not too overpowering, enough to cast a celestial glow over the garden.

 

“How could someone who creates such beauty possibly think they are worthless?” Eric muttered as he spun Andy around so that he can looked at the younger man straight in the eyes.

 

Andy looked in Eric’s eyes just for a second before looked down on the floor. “Sorry”

 

“I told you not to apologize anymore” Eric said sweetly and pulled Andy into his embrace again. His arms tight and reasurring around him.

 

“I’ll try” Andy said with a small smile. He really liked it when Eric hug him.

 

He was starting to realize that he did have people around him that loved him for who he truly are. Eric loved him despite all his flaws. Although, there were still a moment where he felt overhelmed, that he didn’t deserved to be loved at all. But they were coming less frequent.

 

Andy pulled back from Eric, only so he could lift his arms and wrap them around Eric’s neck. Pulling Eric’s head slightly down so he can kiss him on the lips. Eric was surprised with Andy, who make the first move, but he soon had his arms around Andy again. Returning the kiss with equal passion.

 

Slowly, they pulled away and Eric raised a questioning eyebrow. “What?” Andy asked.

 

“Nothing, baby” Eric said and giving a quick peck on Andy’s lips. Andy still kept his arms around Eric’s neck, their bodies pressed tightly together. “I love you” Andy said.

 

And Eric simply smiled. “I know” he said. “ And I love you too”

 

This was his second chance on happiness and he was going to take it, no matter what. After all, there was nothing wrong with being in love, was there?

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Finally. Complete!!!! God, I dont know what to say just sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry and sorry. Truly SORRY. I barely have time to complete this. I hope there still someone out there who didnt forget me and this fic. Lol XD. And I'm sorry again, if this chapter is not like what you wanted it to happen

And to the one who subscribe, upvote, comment and reading this fic, I really really appreciate that. I dont know how to thank all of you. You are jjang. Seriously. Love you so much :****