Words of advice

[On Hiatus] Scent

0 0 0 6

 

Yongguk sat awkwardly in the soft armchair. He had left the house almost two hours ago, after assuring Himchan that he was okay and needed just some time alone. The look his best friend gave him told the alpha he didn't buy it but at the moment he really didn't feel like sharing his worries with Himchan, the younger was very sensitive despite his usual carefree behaviour. The red haired wolf walked around aimlessly for a while, admiring the endless faces around him, some sad and lonely, some happy and excited... everyone in this world was so caught in their own picture that they could never glance beyond.

 

He found the café just when he thought that maybe he should go back home but something inside told him to stay. He deliberately picked a corner table, mostly isolated and situated right under one of the speakers. It was warm and comfortable, the black coffee he ordered wasn't bad either, actually kind of good. It explained why the place was half full even though it was a tuesday and it was just after the usual lunch break time frame.

 

When the door opened and Yongguk's sensitive ears picked the rustling of many people around he knew she was here. One look ahead confirmed his thoughts. The girl caught the attention of almost all the males in the place, be they alone or accompaniated they couldn't help but steal glances. The alpha noted she dressed as unconventional as ever. Tight leather pants, a green jacket that seemed light and he wondered briefly if she wasn't cold but she didn't seem affected even by the cold or the stares, her eyes were fixed on her high heeled shoes, seemingly fascinated by the way they looked when she walked. She moved to the table without raising her head and sat down across from him moving her gaze from her shoes to the napkins. The panda bear pattern caught her attention..

 

The waiter came to the table and asked politely "Would you like to order miss?"

 

She didn't reply, or even look up, and Yongguk noticed his saddened look. Many years ago he would've been embarrassed by the situation, by her but now it was too familiar for such thoughts.

 

"She'll have a banana-caramel milkshake" he said and the waiter seemed to finally realize the girl wasn't alone at the table "and I'll have a refill"

The waiter nodded, slight disappointing crossing his features as he realized the beauty was there with someone.

 

The song that came on after the brief silence was a soft pop tune and the wolf couldn't regognize the singer but he had a beautiful voice. He tried to focus on the lyrics to cure his anxiety but the girl's head snapped up so fast that if she was human he'd be scared for her health.

 

Her dark eyes focused on him, as if she just now could see him and she tilted her head like a cat.

 

"Yong-.." she narrowed her eyes as the waiter arrived and set the drinks on the table "Guk" her smile was bright and Yongguk inwardly chuckled at the waiter's expression. The young boy was blushing.

"Was surprised to hear from you Yoona" he said honestly, it was always a surprise to hear from her.

 

She 'hmm-ed" before drinking from her tall glass and sigh in content.

 

"You look good. Do you wear lip balm? Your lips look really soft" Yoona reached forward running her index finger over his lips.

 

"You know it's just my nature"

 

"Right, wolfy" she sat back down in her chair taking out a pen and opening one of the napkins. Meanwhile Yongguk took the chance to scan the room quickly. Meeting Yoona always meant way more attention than he could usually bare. Of course he hadn't been wrong, there was more than one guy keeping his eyes fixed on them. The werewolf chuckled internally wondering if they'd think he's so lucky to be with her if they'd actually know the girl.

 

"Yoona-yah, your message said you had an idea. What did you mean?"

 

When the girl didn't reply Yongguk knew he lost her. She opened the pen and began doodling. She had always been like this. When he was just a little boy, Yongguk remembered thinking her weird, even worse, in fact he was now very much ashamed of the words he called her, but the girl hadn't seemed bothered. She had her own system of living and every interaction must be started by her. He knew that he could talk her ears off now and when she would look up at him she'd know nothing of what he said.

 

He briefly wondered if he should call the house... check on Junhong.

 

"You're very bad Gukkie... big bad wolf"

 

His eyes landed back on the girl in front of him.

 

"Why?" simple questions always worked better with her.

 

"You're denying nature and you're harming him" she paused "no, no no .. you're just not helping. He needs connections Guk"

 

"You know what happened to him?" he couldn't help it, his voice was starting to rise in volume and he was thankful for the music.

 

"It's terrible... it makes my skin crawl"

 

She took a strand of her wavey hair and twirled it on her index finger. After a few moments she looked at him and the pity in her eyes scared the male.

 

"Will you explain to me?"

Yongguk had tried, for weeks he had read every boring, endless and difficult book he could think was related to old spells. He didn't find anything even remotely similar to the intricate sign left on Junhong. With each book tossed aside he felt like he was losing hope. He sent letters and calls to the people who he still could trust. To those he thought might know something and when he ran out of options he even went to those he was sure knew nothing of it.

 

"I want to hug him you know..." her voice was soft and her face lost her cheerfulness "because soon he's going to be in a lot of pain"

 

Yongguk's stomach turned and twisted. He didn't have to say anything because the girl kept talking.

 

"It's one of those spells..." her pleasent features morphed into disgust "that people didn't even want to remember they existed. So when they had the chance... they bruned all of it. The scrolls, the grimoires and the witches that knew them"

 

It took Yongguk his years of constant training to not show reaction to her words. He stood motionless like a statue. Yoona turned to look at the window and she read the sign on the building on the other side of the road, it announced the upcoming movies.

 

"So how does someone who knows it exist? Not only that but actually put it on someone?" his voice was shakey and he cursed himself for it.

 

"You should know better than anyone how hard is to kill the powerful ..." she was still looking at the sign, it was advertizing Thor "poor little one..."

 

"How can I undo it?" Yongguk voiced his most important wish. He'd trade anything, from the moment his instincts told him that little teen was his mate he knew he'd do anything.

 

Yoona looked at him then down at her drink. She dipped a finger in the cream and ate a bit while smiling sadly "It eats, it eats, it eats... that's what it does Yongguk"

 

Yongguk frowned in confusion but she didn't allow him time to speak.

 

"It eats him away... it's an unmaking spell. At the end of it lays nothing, only air" she pushed her half empty glass forward and took the menu from the table "He'll soon start hurting because his soul is vanishing away. That's why you're being silly. You should hold him close, give him a bridge to this world he needs to cling to"

 

The wolf shifted in his seat trying to put his thoughts into words "You're saying we should... mate?"

 

Her eyes flashed amber and her "No!" was almost too loud for the hip hop song that was playing to cover it. "If you do that, you'll both die"

 

Yongguk ran a hand through his hair. He was tired. "But you said yourself..."

 

"That he needs a connection but not that... he needs both of you to stop denying it. If you mate then you'll die and what happens when one of mates dies so early after? Oh right, both die. That'd be a wonderful waste of time you silly goose"

 

The alpha was happy her eyes were back to dark brown because she was scary.

 

"You'd die because" she began, effectively answering his not yet spoken question "the spell is made to have an effect on him, but it would transfer over and go haywire. Didn't you ever pay attention in class? But anyway ... you shouldn't worry, it's out of your reach. They won't let him die.." she frowned as if doubting her own words.

 

Yongguk wanted to grab her and shake her until she said everything she knew, until she helped him deal with this but he knew it would be useless.

 

She stood up suddenly, almost making the chair fall.

 

"Yoona?" his eyes searched her calm features "Where are you going?"

 

The girl didn't reply, she walked away and instinctively Yongguk knew not to follow. He rested his head in his hands. Looks like he'll go home with more questiones than he came here with.

 

~ * ~

 

Kim Himchan was upset. Scratch that, he was furious. Considering that, he was ready to give Bang Yongguk quite a scolding when the elder got home but before he even had the chance to start speaking, the alpha moved close, bodies almost touching, head rested heavily on Himchan's shoulder.

 

"What should I do Channie?"

 

That night was the first one in a long time when Yongguk allowed Himchan to know what was going on in his head, after checking up on Junhong, the two of them sat down in Yongguk's room and talked. Himchan's heart hurt for Yongguk, he knew his best friend better than anyone and knew a little of what he had gone through all his life, this was unfair...

 

________________________

So, it's been a while >.< I'd love to say I'm going to update this very fast but it's highly unlikely it'll be earlier than the 6th or 7th because I have exams until then.

Found myself too tired to do anything today so I went over what I had written of this chapter then just added bits here and there. Very sorry about the lack of interactions between Bang and Junhong but it's coming, trust me, tons of fluff incoming. Yongguk's wise enough to get a clue.

Alas, on a brighter note. This new album is going to make me crazy.. I've listened to the teaser just about 50 times or so ... I can't wait to just hear all the songs and let's not even talk about the japanese version of No Mercy because I'm not sure my heart can take it.

Hope you guys have a great week <3