It Starts

[On Hiatus] Scent

 

 

0001

 

The man flexed his muscles as he pushed a metalic door, opening it without much effort. His chiseled, handsome face morphed into a sneer when his sensitive ears picked up a noise.

 

He tried, he really tried to ignore it but it was as if all his senses focused on that. He could hear it so clearly, the sound of skin against skin and high pitched moans blending with low growls. Combined with the unmistakeable scent of in the place it all made it almost impossible for him to not turn around and leave.

 

~ * ~

 

Daehyun pulled out slowly watching the small grimace on his partner's face. He knew he had been a little too rough but he just couldn't help it. He leaned down, careful not to crush his smaller lover and laid down on the bed. He turned slightly and watched the other male, his light blonde hair was messy and sticking out in all directions -proof that the elder had pulled on it rather roughly when he wanted his lover to bare his throat-, his gentle dark eyes were closed and the delectable -now deep red- lips that he just loved biting and nibbling on were slightly open as the younger tried to catch his breath.

 

The younger's eyes opened instantly and he tried to get up only to be stopped by his boyfriend.

 

"Dae, Bang's home" Youngjae said in an almost quiet whisper.

 

Daehyun frowned for a second before realizing the younger's words were true. Damn, the leader would really not be happy with this.

 

"Doesn't matter love" he muttered in the blonde's ear, biting it slightly before running his tongue over the small earring he knew his lover had. "I'll talk to him tomorrow" he added before gathering the other's body in his arms and keeping them as close as possible.

 

Both of them were asleep not long after; happy, warm and comfortable in each other's arms. On the other side of the floor a window was wide open, even though it was mid January, cold air and snow entering the room.

 

 

~ * ~

 

The front door opened for the second time that evening and two other males stepped inside the penthouse.

 

"Damn why is it so cold in here?" asked the first of the guys. His black hair was still filled with snowflakes and even though he was frowning anyone could tell the boy was simply gorgeous.

 

The other guy, slightly shorter but obviously more muscular, just shrugged and closed the door behind them. When he turned back towards the hall he noticed his friend missing, sighing softly he followed. He reached the older just as he was about to bang his fist against a door.

 

"Don't do that Channie" he said holding the boy's wrist tightly and hugging him close.

 

"But he's not himself" Himchan almost whined and turned around in the hug.

 

"It's hard for him" he said softly while pressing their chests together.

 

"Why are you so mature Jonguppie?"

 

The smaller boy could almost hear the pout in that sentence and he settled for a chuckle "One of us has to be"

 

Just beyond the door the red haired male had his fist lodged deeply inside the wall. They just didn't ing understand! He unclenched his fist and walked towards the mirror. It was old looking and craked but from certain spots you could see yourself pretty well.

 

The man left his eyes room his form. Appearance was so decieving. One would only see a young man, obviously with some gym hours, they'd think his deep red hair was dyed as a fashion statement, people thought he was scary because of his eyes but women still found it appropriate to throw themselves a him.

 

Yongguk sneered, baring his pointed fangs before rushing to the window and jumping without hesitation, straight into the dark winter night.

 

Jongup sighted hugging his Himchan tighter when he felt Yongguk's presence leave the building. He bit his lip, a bit too strongly because skin broke and a small drop of blood made it's way down his chin, he hated this.

 

He had been the last one to join the group, the pack, just four years ago. Since then things have gone both better and worse.

 

Bang Yongguk was one of the strongest werewolves there was, certainly a very feared creature throughout Asia. When the pack accepted him he was feeling like he had finally gained a home, a family.

 

For a while everything was great, his inner wolf could finally be free and enjoy the comfort of family. Bang was a great leader, no one could ever accuse him of not taking care of his family because he did. He made sure they were safe, that they had a shelter and everything they needed. For a person who grew up in an orphanage (like Jongup did) this was a huge but welcomed change. He felt like he owed the Alpha his life and he did.

 

Himchan was the mother of the group. At first the younger felt like the raven haired wolf was the leader's mate. They behaved like they were, always touchy (more than normal wolf packs were) but he soon discovered it was just that Himchan knew the alpha for a long time and it was in his nature to offer comfort.

 

Youngjae was the other member of the pack at the time, young and shy, unlike any wolf Jongup had ever seen before meeting him. He found out that the younger boy was not a bitten wolf. He was born a wolf. Which made him part of the elite. For the first months he failed to understand why the younger was even there. He was new so he couldn't quite ask, if the leader wanted to share then he would.

 

Nothing surprised him more than the moment when he woke up feeling a threatening presence in their home. Armed with his weapon of choice, a long dagger, he made his way to the source. Now he felt silly for the way he reacted back then. If he would've taken a moment to stop and just feel he would've realized that both Bang and Himchan were still asleep in their beds so this was nothing for him to be worried about. He made his way to the living room, gun held high ready to shoot, just to find himself frozen at the sight.

 

Small, shy Youngjae was cuddled in the arms of a man who Jongup had never seen before, muscular with honey colord hair and hypnotizing eyes. Not even a second after he was pinned to the wall, weapon out of his hand, thrown on the other side of the room and with powerful, clawed hands at his throat.

 

It took the Alpha's quick response (he had woken up when the steel dagger felt to the floor) and Youngjae's soft spoken words to calm down the unknown man. When Bang introduced him as Daehyun, Youngjae's mate and a vampire nothing seemed to make sense.

He found out later that the reason why Youngjae joined the pack was to escape his family's infulence. They wanted to keep him away from his mate, even thought it would tear him apart from inside, just because they didn't consider the mere posibility of a vampire joining the family. Even now Jongup still didn't quite grasp what was Bang Yongguk's place in the high and mysterious elite of the werewolf clans.

 

Daehyun began living with them around the same time it happened. At first it was just a small attraction but as a specific time of the year rolled around it became much more obvious. He was young, much younger than Himchan but it was obvious he needed to lead because his hyung was way too shy to do so.

 

The day he and Himchan became mates was the best day of his life but also the day things started to change in their pack. He knew Bang was happy for them, really happy but because they were mates he couldn't mentain the prior relationship. It took Jongup almost a year until he was comfortable seeing Himchan hug their leader but even now it was awkward.

 

Nights such as this were hard for their leader, he was the eldest but still alone in that way and it was very important for a wolf, much more for an alpha. A mate was not only the person you shared long nights with but also one's strength.

 

Jongup sighted hugging his mate closer as he ran his hand up and down Himchan's silky skin. He hoped the leader wouldn't do anything reckless tonight.

 

 

__________________

-wavewave- Hihi guys! Sorry this is so short, it's sort of an introduction but I wanted it to be a real chapter. I've always wanted to write something like creature fiction and since inspiration decided to drop by I'm going to take advantage.

I just realized the pretty colorful background doesn't really match the dark vibe of the story .. oh well.

I'm super happy to write this and I hope there are people out there who like reading this sort of story.

Big thank you to the 7 subscribers, I love you guys <3

~ Marisse