New home

[On Hiatus] Scent

0003

 

"What do you mean he's your mate?!" Himchan more or less screamed in frustration.

 

Yongguk shifted from one leg to the other and back. He didn't really want to repeat himself because it was uncomfortable to say those words again. Himchan's pretty eyes were wide and filled with both curiosity and doubt.

 

Instead of replying, the alpha just turned around and made his way to the car, the others were already inside. He had ordered them to look after the boy as he had a small talk with his best friend, considering the younger didn't understand why Yongguk insisted on bringing the weird kid back with them to Seoul and had nagged him all the way back to their car.

 

He climbed in the vehicle before patiently waiting for Himchan to follow. Jongup's eyes never left the form of his mate as he watched with worry the exchange of words outside. He couldn't hear from inside the car what the two eldest members were talking but he could guess.

 

The teenage looking boy was sitting in the back of the car, between the door and Youngjae and even though he looked scared and uncomfortable he didn't say a word.

 

It wasn't long after that the boy was asleep. Jongup may be the youngest of the pack but he did notice the way their alpha kept shooting glances at him as if he was going to vanish in thin air. He wondered what made Yongguk act that way, the fact that Himchan didn't seem comfortable with the situation told him that maybe, just maybe this once they should question the decission of their leader. But this wasn't the place, nor the time for that so Jongup settled for leaning forward and squeezing his hand through the space between the front seat and door in order to run his hand through his mate's soft hair. The small sigh he got in return put a smile on his face for the first time that night.

~ * ~

 

They reached Seoul at almost 4AM. Yongguk muttered a 'Go rest' to everyone and they reluctantly followed, leaving the eldest alone with the still asleep teen.

 

Yongguk frowned looking at the kid. Should he wake him up? Leave him to sleep in the car? Take him inside without waking him up? His frustration level was increasing with each thought and he brought his hand up to mess his hair slightly.

 

In the end he settled for just taking the boy upstairs and tried not to think of anything as he lifted him from the car and took him out before closing the door with his leg. The teen weighted like nothing and that was a scary thought, he was in desperate need of some food and Yongguk's heart gave a painful twich.

 

Walking into one of their empty guest rooms the alpha laid the boy on the bed as gently as he could. He was still dressed in those awful muddy clothes but Yongguk was painfully uncomfortable even with the idea of undressing him much less actually doing it so he left him like that. The sheets and blankets could be washed later. With one last look he turned to walk to his room.

 

After a shower the alpha laid down in his bed expecting sleep to come to him easily. He was however very much wrong. Almost an hour later he was still awake and his heart was still beating too fast. He knew for sure he wasn't wrong so the small frail person in the room down the hall was indeed his mate. How long has it been since he actually started wanting a mate? How long since the mere idea frightened him to his very core?

 

It didn't take a genius to figure out that he wouldn't be able to fall asleep so he got up and walked to the room in which laid the person who wasn't giving him any peace. And likely wouldn't for a very long time.

 

~ * ~

 

Youngjae opened his eyes as he felt a warm ray of sun on his face. It had been a while since sunlight made it's way through the thick winter clouds. Without moving an inch he looked at his still slumbering mate. Daehyun was hidden between the blankets, shielding himself from the sun. Even though it didn't really hurt him, Daehyun was still a vampire and that meant his love for the bright sunlight didn't go very far.

 

The younger surpressed a giggle and leaned forward to brush his lips lightly over Daehyun's. Instantly the vampire's face went from frowning to relaxed and slightly smiling.

 

"How late is it?" asked the still sleepy vampire.

 

"I don't know, just woke up too" Youngjae ran his fingers through his lover's hair "Since Himchan hyung didn't come wake us up I suppose still early"

 

Daehyun reached over Youngjae and grabbed his phone from the nightstand. "9:55" he muttered and the younger pouted. It was late which meant they should get out of bed.. he didn't like the idea very much.

 

Just as he was about to suggest more cuddling there was a kock on the door.

 

"Breakfast time"

 

Daehyun groaned at the sound of Himchan's voice and just burried his head in his lover's neck. Why couldn't they just sit in this room for the rest of the day and ignore everyone? Sadly Youngjae didn't seem to think the same as he carefully untangled their legs and got off the bed.

 

"Stop pouting and get dressed, you don't want Himchan to come for us the 2nd time ..."

 

The vampire shuddered. No, that wasn't something anyone wanted.

 

When the two of them reached the kitchen they were quite surprised to see everyone else was in there. Including the new kid. He was sitting close to their leader and they seemed to be talking but even though he was curious, Daehyun knew it was incredibly rude to listen in to their conversation so he just sat down near his mate.

 

Yongguk noticed the last two join in at the table but he didn't say anything since he was focused on the little person talking to him.

 

"Three months?" he repeated establishing how long the boy remembered. The boy nodded. So it was likely just three months ago he had lost his memory. Now that he knew Len had some sort of involvement he wished he hadn't killed the werewolf so fast last night but now it was too late to regret anything.

 

The morning had been awkward. He had to sneak out of the room as soon as he noticed the boy waking up and return a few minutes later. They talked for a while and Yongguk tried his best to keep calm and not stress the other.

 

After, when he allowed the young one chance to take a bath and get rid of the dirty clothes, he had a chat with Himchan and Jongup telling them the basics and to not ask any bothersome questions.

 

"Since you don't remember you name, how should we call you?" asked Himchan earlier as he was making another stack of pancakes.

 

"I .. don't know" the boy replied shily. No one in the past months ever stood around him long enough for that to matter. He had been wondering from place to place following a tug he felt inside. He never thought that would lead him to a dead werewolf and no other lead at all.

 

Himchan stopped and just sat in front of him tilting his head slightly.

 

The youngest didn't know why he even agreed to come with them but something told him it was the right thing to do. Something about these people made him trust them ... which was of course silly because he had no memory of anything and he had seen one of them murder in cold blood. He should be absolutely terrified of Bang Yongguk but instead all he felt was safety. Maybe something in his head was truly broken.

 

"How about Junhong?" asked Himchan as he looked straight at him with a smile. It was the first the eldest directed at him. For a short while he thought Himchan didn't like him, not like he could blame the raven haired male but now the feeling almost vanished. He nodded brightly and Himchan went back to the pancakes. He still had a lot more to make because a certain someone ate worth of three ...

 

~ * ~

 

The week was happy but tense. Everyone decided to skip their usual activities and attend to Junhong, even Bang gave up on his usual night runs and stayed mostly around the house. No one dared to ask the leader what's going on but considering they had the certainty Junhong meant no harm they just focused on making him happy.

 

Youngjae took him all around the city, hitting the mall first to buy clothes more fitting for the boy's size and Himchan stuffed him at any chance he got, trying to put some meat on his bones.

 

It was a surprise to Yongguk when Saturday night he was approached by Daehyun who requested a talk in his office. He was even more surprised when Daehyun guessed right the reason why Yongguk didn't kill Junhong when they met.

 

"Come on hyung, not like it takes a genius to figure out"

 

"Don't tell the others"

 

The order was clear but even though Daehyun didn't want to agree he thought it was wiser to just argue a bit then give up.

 

"Why not? They'll figure it out for themselves at some point anyway.."

 

"Then let them do that" the low tone told Daehyun it was time to drop it.

 

"Youngjae wants to take Junhong with him to school, what do you say to that?"

 

Yongguk frowned. He didn't like the idea of the boy wondering about like that... but then again considering he didn't know how to make the boy recover his memories, keeping him hidden in their house was a tempting option but he knew school was probably the better alternative. Besides, Yongguk had spoken to Jin and the other had promissed he'd look into the matter. It would do Junhong good to be around other people, he was slowly coming out of his shell.

 

"He has my ok"

 

Daehyun smiled brightly. He couldn't wait to share the good news with his mate, what made Youngjae happy always made Daehyun happy.

 

~ * ~

 

Daehyun smiled devilishly and stared at his blonde mate until the other noticed him and peeked up from his book.

 

"What?"

 

"Aww Jae don't use that tone with me... I did something good today and I deserve a reward"

 

Youngjae blushed bright red. Even after years he was still easily embarassed by his silly mate.

 

"Oh really?" he put the book aside and glanced at the vampire as the latter pulled off his shirt and advanced towards the bed wearing just sweatpants "What exactly did you do?"

 

"I convinced Yongguk to let Junhong to school" well.. it wasn't exactly a lie.

 

The werewolf's eyes widened and he squeeled happily before tackling his lover. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" he said hugging the other. After a few minutes of happy snuggling he peeked up at Dahyun's face "I guess you do deserve a reward"

 

Daehyun smiled showing a perfect row of white teeth and pointy fangs. Yep, today was a good day.

 

___________________

I've written and rewritten this chapter 3 times.. I can't seem to make it perfect >_< I hope the next chapter will be easier to write for me and hopefully I'll get it here faster ... Can't promise anything tho, sorry guys.

Also, that gif made my eyes double in size.. poor poor Bang.