Extra II

New Message

Blair packed the last of her shirts and stuffed them in her luggage. Josie stood and stared at her sister as she began to struggle with closing her luggage.

“Do you need help?” Josie asked her twin sister.

“Stupid ing luggage refuses to close,” Blair said, zipping it close as best as she could.

Josie moved her away and looked at the mess of clothes that was scattered around in her luggage.

“Do you want me to fix this? I won’t sleep on the plane unless I fix this,” Josie told her.

“Be my guest. Lord knows I won’t do it,” Blair said, going through her books to bring with her to her parent’s house for Thanksgiving.

After about twenty minutes, Josie has successfully closed Blair’s luggage. Blair only glared at her and set her luggage with her purse that she was bringing with her for entertainment.

“How is it that you can make stuff fit in a luggage while I’m always struggling?” she asked her.

“I fold clothes differently that you do. Plus, you’re bringing your make-up box and heels. Why?” Josie asked her.

“You-know-who’s going to be there,” Blair answered, stuffing her books in her purse as best as she could.

“Voldemort?” Josie asked jokingly.

Blair only sarcastically laughed before she successfully closed her purse.

“My supposed boyfriend. The one that always cheats on me. I’m gonna dump his while looking fabulous,” she said.

Josie thought about it and only shrugged her shoulders. Whatever made her sister happy and whatever made the cry and beg for forgiveness, which she knows her sister won’t give.

“When are we leaving?” Josie asked her.

“The plane leaves at two in the morning, so as soon as I finish taking a shower and dropping Butters at her babysitter’s house, we’ll be able to go,” Blair said, getting up and heading towards the bathroom to take her shower.

Josie walked out of her room and sat down in the living room, petting Butters gently underneath her chin and reading a book to help pass the time.

-----

Blair dropped Butters in Himchan’s arms and gave him a list.

“Don’t this up, Himchan. I’m watching you,” Blair said.

Himchan looked at the adorable kitten, who was sleeping in his arms and purring lightly.

“Now, she likes to drink milk on the kitchen floor. Anywhere else, she’ll avoid you and bite you. She likes to be rubbed underneath her chin and belly. Everything else should be on the list. Any questions?” Blair asked him.

“Yeah. How did you get your hair so pink? Did you dump your hair in a large pink hair dye bowl or what?” Himchan asked her, staring at her hair.

“Goodbye and I expect you take good care of her. We’ll be back soon,” she said.

Himchan only nodded his head and closed the door. He set the cat down and watched it go towards the couch. Yongguk wasn’t going to like this, but who said that he had to know? He was just lucky enough that neither of them were allergic to the cat, or any of his friends.

“So what am I gonna do with you?” Himchan asked him as he grabbed him by the scruff of his neck.


Butters meowed cutely at him and he only cooed at the small feline. His room was his safe bet, since neither of his friends liked to go in there for fear of the wrath of Himchan. He was gonna like babysitting the kitten.

-----

Josie and Blair helped their mom make the stuffing while their older sisters went shopping to look for the rest of the ingredients.

“Are you two dating anybody back in Korea?” their mom asked them.

“Where on earth did that conversation come from?” Josie asked, wiping her hands on her apron.

“Well, it’s just that your brothers and sisters already have children. I’m wondering if you two are going to have kids,” their mom said.

“You can talk to Josie about that. I’m marrying late and you know that, mom. Plus, Josie is kind of seeing a guy,” Blair said, smirking at Josie who glared at her.

“Really? Oh, what’s his name? What does he do? Is he handsome? Are you going to bring him for Christmas?” her mother questioned.

“His name is Yongguk, I don’t know, I don’t know, and that’s a definite no,” Josie answered as she began to chop up the bacon.

“What do you mean you don’t know what he looks like?” her mother asked, placing her hands on her hips.

“Please tell me he’s not someone you found on the internet,” their father asked when he walked into the kitchen and took a bacon piece.

“Honey, that’s not good for your cholesterol,” her mother scolded him.

“He’s not someone I found on the internet, dad,” Josie said.

“She’s texting him. She accidentally texted the wrong number and now they both can’t stop texting each other,” Blair said.

“Thanks, Blair. That’s enough from you,” Josie said, glaring at her.

Blair only smiled innocently. The front door opened and entered their two older sisters.

“You’d think that they would have cilantro or something,” her older sister said.

“Look, we got what we needed and now we’re home, so be quiet,” her other older sister said.

“Grace, Piper, we’re in the kitchen!” their mother called out.

The two walked into the kitchen and set down their groceries that they found. Grace was the second oldest while Piper was the fifth oldest. Their older brothers were somewhere else with the kids, along with Grace and Piper’s husband and wife.

“Where are the others?” Piper asked, sitting down and messing around with her phone.

“No idea. Did you two know about Josie texting a man she doesn’t know?” her mother asked.

“Mom!” Josie shouted, turning her body to stare at her in shock.

“What man? Is he cute? Does he have a brother? Do you think he’ll go out with Blair?” Grace asked.

Blair only rolled her eyes and continued chopping up the green onion.

“His name is Yongguk. I accidentally texted him while trying to text Blair,” Josie explained. “Also, yes he has an older twin brother, but I’m unsure if he’s single.”

“What if he’s a e? Or a stalker? Or gay?” Piper asked.

“Piper, you’re gay,” Blair stated. “Yongguk is not.”

Piper only rolled her eyes and ate a piece of bacon without Josie looking.

“Stop eating the bacon bits,” Josie said, dumping the bacon pieces into the stuffing.

Piper only laughed at her sister’s pissed off face. Whenever the twins were pissed off at something, they looked like kittens ready to pounce. Grace felt her phone vibrate and took it out and read her text message.

“The others are coming back right now. They also said that they brought dinner,” Grace announced.

“Sweet, I’m starving,” Blair said, dumping the chopped green onions into the stuffing.

“I’m surprised how well trained you two are in not eating the stuffing,” their mom said.

“Years of experience and you swatting us with a wooden spoon usually helps,” Josie said as she began to stir the stuffing.

The door opened and entered five boys, seven significant others, and twelve children following behind them.

“We brought KFC,” Geo, their elder brother, announced.

“Sweet, we’re starving,” Grace said, taking the food and laying them all out.

-----

“Yongguk, wake up! You’re gonna be late,” Himchan yelled, smacking him with a pillow.

Yongguk groaned and looked up at him. “Leave me alone. I was sleeping.”

“I noticed, but you also have work. Now get your up before you’re late and your boss yells at you,” Himchan warned.

Yongguk groaned, but finally rolled out of bed. He looked at his phone and noticed that he didn’t have any new messages. He remembered that Josie was back in America for a while and won’t be in. He needed to find new batteries for his alarm clock. He turned his head and saw the smashed alarm clock he threw at the wall a few weeks before Josie decided to become his new alarm clock. He stretched his back and went to get dressed.

After he was done getting dressed, he walked into the kitchen where he saw Himchan eating a bowl of cereal while reading something in the newspaper.

“Why are you up early? You usually don’t get your up until seven. It’s only six-forty,” Yongguk asked, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

“I felt like getting up early today,” Himchan said as he placed his now empty bowl in the dishwasher.

Yongguk shrugged it off. It was probably a good idea for his friend to wake him up. If he didn’t, then he was sure that he would’ve slept in and have been late for work.

After he finished drinking his coffee, he quickly rinsed it and set it inside the dishwasher with Himchan’s coffee mug. He thought he heard a soft meow coming from Himchan’s room.

“Himchan, what was that?” Yongguk asked, looking at Himchan’s room.

“What was what?” Himchan asked, trying to get his roommate away from his room.

“I thought I heard something.”

“It’s probably your ears playing tricks on you again. You know that it does happen,” Himchan said, grabbing his bag and slipping it cross his body.

Yongguk shrugged it off and grabbed his things and walked out with Himchan right behind him.

-----

Josie swirled the apple cider in her champagne glass.

“You’re bored, too?” Blair asked her when she stepped outside.

“A little. Don’t get me wrong, being here for the holidays is amazing and I miss my family, but-”

“You’re thinking of him, aren’t you? You’re thinking of Yongguk?” she asked her.

Josie sighed and only nodded her head. She looked inside her childhood home and saw her siblings conversing with each other and her nieces and nephews trying to guess which Christmas present is which. She smiled softly and turned back to her sister, who held her hand.

“Maybe one day, when you two actually meet and confess your feelings for each other, he’ll be in there with you. Maybe with a few kids with your nieces and nephews,” Blair said.

Josie only giggled softly and looked inside.

“I think they’re starting the Pictionary game. You coming?” Blair asked her, standing up from her seat.

“In a bit. Let me be out here for a little longer,” Josie said, smiling lightly at her.

Blair only nodded her head and went back inside where Josie felt the heat from inside. She shivered softly at the cold and looked up at the starless sky. She took a deep breath and finally stood up from her seat. One day, when she stops being a coward, she’ll confess to him. And maybe Blair could be right. Then again, her sister’s a nutcase.

Josie walked inside and took a seat next to Piper’s wife and began to play Pictionary with them.

-----

Yongguk sat around with his friends as they began to argue loudly. He didn’t know what started it, but he was certain it had something to do with the damn cat.

“The cat is sleeping on me, Zelo! So screw you!” Daehyun yelled. Yep, defiantly that cat.

“Butters doesn’t belong to us, I hope you all know that,” Himchan told them.

Yongguk was glad that Himchan said something. If it was up to him, he would’ve grabbed the cat and put her in Himchan’s room.

“You’re awfully quiet, hyung,” Youngjae commented.

“I’m just thinking, that’s all,” Yongguk told him.

“Are you thinking of Josie again?” Himchan asked him.

Yongguk only rolled his eyes and ignored him. After a few hours of playing games and the guys arguing over the damn cat, it was time for everybody to go home.

“Now, what are you going to do for tomorrow?” Himchan asked him.

“Tomorrow I’m gonna visit my parents house. We always have a huge Christmas feast with all of us. And no, Himchan, you’re not invited,” Yongguk said, walking towards his room while the cat was following right behind him.

“That’s not nice, you know. Your family should meet me. I’m nice and awesome and deserve a place at your dinner table,” Himchan said.

“They’ve met you before. At one point my sister asked whether or not you were gay,” he said, placing the cat back on the couch.

“How embarrassing. Anyway, I’ll leave you alone and let you suffer with the cat while I get some shut eye. When do you go back to work?” Himchan asked.

“A week after New Years,” Yongguk said.

“Good. The guys and I are going to the New Year’s festival they usually have downtown. We’re gonna drag you along with us,” Himchan said.

Yongguk only rolled his eyes. “If I do this, you’re not gonna bug me about going out to places with you and the guys for the rest of the year.”

“No promises,” Himchan called out, closing his door.

Yongguk groaned and changed into his pajamas. He turned his head and saw Butters making herself comfortable on his bed.

“Well, at least I got some company for sleep,” he muttered to himself.

He crawled into bed and as soon as his head his the pillow, he was already asleep.


A/N: So... I updated. I think there will be one more extra and then I'm done. So stay tuned. Also, I might post a new story soon somewhere in either January or February. So enjoy this story and keep a look out for the new story! Bye!