Extra

New Message

Josie stared at the different kittens that were looking at her. She stared at one kitten that seemed to be memorized by her. She thought that they were all cute, but she had to be specific for her sister. She still heard her sister’s words ringing in her ear. She mentally shook her head and kept looking at the baby kittens.

“Are you sure they’re potty trained?” she asked her co-worker for the hundredth time today.

“For the last time, yes. They’re all potty trained,” her co-worker, Hyun Ae, told her.

“I’m just making sure. One cannot be too careful,” Josie told her, watching the kittens meow at her.

She saw one kitten meow really hard and began to fall backwards, but luckily landed on her two feet. She giggled and held the kitten that meowed and held her close to her chest. She checked underneath her belly and saw that the kitten was, in fact, a girl. She smiled as the cat meowed at her.

“I’ll take her,” Josie said, holding the cat close to her chest and feeling the cat claw on her shirt, making sure that she doesn’t fall.

Hyun Ae smiled at her and gave her a box that was filled with cat toys and blankets and a few punctured holes so that the kitten can be able to breathe. Josie smiled softly at her co-worker and placed that small kitten inside the box and quickly closed the lid before the kitten decided to jump out of it.

“Thank you so much. How much do I owe you?” she asked, finishing out her purse to look for her wallet.

“It’s no problem, Josie. I needed to get rid of the kittens soon, anyway. Ever since what happened to the mother and everything,” Hyun Ae told her.

Josie smiled and bowed to her in thanks.

“Well, thank you anyway. I’ll see you at work on Monday,” Josie said.

“Bye,” she said as soon as Josie walked out of the apartment.

Josie walked down the steps and made her way towards the nearest subway station. She heard the soft cries the kitten was making when Josie was moving about.

“It’s okay, kitty. We’ll be home soon,” Josie told her, giving her small little kitten treats.

Josie entered the subway car and sat down next to a little kid with a teddy bear clutched to his chest. The boy looked up at her and kept staring at her. Josie kept his stare and looked down at him. She smiled softly at him and heard the small kitten meow. The boy heard it as well and pointed at the box. She smiled and opened it, revealing the kitten, curled up in a very tiny ball and looked up at them. Then she meowed again, causing the young boy to giggle.

The subway car stopped and she closed the box and stood up. She waved goodbye to the boy and made her way towards her apartment.

After a few minutes of entering the building and fighting with the elevator, she was finally inside her own apartment room and opened the box to let the kitten out.

“Welcome home, precious kitty. Hope you like it here,” Josie said, letting the small kitten out of the box.

However, a few steps forward and the cat decided to mark her territory in the living room floor. Josie only sighed and took out her cell phone. She’ll let her sister deal with it. Right now, she wants to leave the house.

“Okay, so apparently the cat is not as potty trained as I had hoped. Good luck with the mess,” Josie typed out, slipping her phone in her back pocket and began to change into her comfort clothes for the outdoors.

-----

Yongguk grew bored of the meeting and was wondering if it was going to end. Twenty minutes in and he was ready to blow his brains out. Especially since the person that was leading this meeting was talking in a monotone voice and sounded like he wanted to end this just as much as everybody else in the meeting room.

Finally, after an hour being wasted on absolutely nothing, the meeting was over and he was finally able to get back to work. He sat down at his cubicle and his laptop.

“Well that was a waste of time,” a familiar voice said.

Yongguk looked up and saw Youngjae sitting down in his own cubicle next to him.

“Imagine the time we could’ve used to actually finish work,” Yongguk commented.

“Exactly. I got so bored that I began to mentally doodle him,” Youngjae said, turning on his own laptop.

“I still don’t know how you do that. I just started doodling on a piece of napkin I found,” Yongguk said, typing in his password for his work and opened up Excel.

“By the way, Daehyun wants us to go to that restaurant that we went to for yours and Yongnam’s birthday,” he told him.

“Why?” Yongguk asked, opening up an old document and began to fill in numbers.

“He wants us to meet his girlfriend. Their celebrating their one hundred days of being together,” Youngjae said as he began to do his own work.

“They’re gonna break up once he keeps being too romantic to her,” Yongguk said.

“You never know. She may be the one that actually likes her boyfriend to be romantic to her,” Youngjae said.

Yongguk was about to open his mouth to say something, but he felt this phone buzz in his pocket. He fished it out and opened it up before the ringtone began to play. He read the text to himself and furrowed his eyebrows.

“Did Jongup get a new phone?” he asked Youngjae.

“Not that I know of. Why?” Youngjae asked.

“Someone just texted me that their cat wasn’t as potty trained as they’d have hoped,” Yongguk said, looking at the text on his phone.

“It could be Himchan playing a trick on you again. Or it could be from a wrong number,” Youngjae said, typing something on his laptop.

Yongguk thought about it. It could be a wrong number. He tapped on the number and then tapped the text message option.

Okay, quick questions. One, who is this?

Yongguk hit the send button and placed his phone next to his laptop.

“I hope you turned your ringtone off because the boss is coming around the corner soon,” Youngjae told him.

Yongguk hoped he did, too.

-----

Josie changed into a nice clean shirt and finally put on her shoes before she felt her phone vibrate and then ring. She thinks it’s her sister about to and whine at her through texts, saying that her younger sister should clean up the mess. She took the phone out of her pocket and opened it up while she left her apartment with the kitten sleeping on the couch.

“That’s weird. I thought I sent the message to Blair,” she said to herself.

She shook the thoughts. It was a new phone and she was typing numbers that she thought were her sister’s number. It wasn’t new, since she has done this in the past. She typed out a quick reply and hit the send button, hoping that it would be the end of it.

-----

After a few short texts back and forth, Yongguk was finally done for the day and packed up his things. He wanted to get home soon so that Himchan doesn’t eat all of the leftovers in the fridge. If his luck is worse, Daehyun and Jongup would join him in eating all of their food.

“Did you get the name of the person you were texting?” Youngjae asked as they both headed down towards the elevator.

“We were wrong numbers. For all I know, they could be a serial killer ,” Yongguk said as he pressed the down button.

“Didn’t Himchan and Jongup accidentally meet that way?” Youngjae asked as they both stepped into the elevator when it opened.

“The difference is that they also have close friends with each other. I think it was either Junhong or Daehyun,” he said as he felt the elevator shift to go down.

“True. Are you still going to text them?” he asked.

“I don’t know. We’ll see,” Yongguk said as they both exited the elevator when it stopped on the lobby floor.

“See you tomorrow, Hyung,” Youngjae called out.

“See you tomorrow,” Yongguk called out as they both went their separate ways for the day.

-----

“I hate you so much,” Blair said, glaring at her younger twin sister.

“No you don’t,” Josie said, re-reading her texts that she sent to the wrong number by accident.

“What are we gonna name her, though?” Blair asked as she put the cat poop and pee in the trash can.

“I was thinking of Yono, but I know for a fact that you despise her,” Josie said, placing her phone on the coffee table.

“Very funny, you little ,” Blair said as she gently picked up their new kitten and looked at her.

“She’s very cute and innocent,” Josie said.

“Butters,” Blair blurted out.

“Come again?”

“Her name shall be Butters and you can’t say about it,” Blair stated, clutching the cat tightly to her chest, which caused the cat to meow lightly.

“Fine, the cat’s name shall be Butters. Hey, I’m going down to the bakery. Do you want anything?” Josie asked her.

“I’m going on a diet, so no thank you,” Blair said, playing with the cat.

“You work there. How can you go on a diet?” she asked her.

“The same way you avoid everything lemon,” she stated, looking up at her younger sister.

Josie only rolled her eyes and made her way towards the bakery.

-----

Josie finished the icing on the cookie and smiled in satisfaction.

“Are those for me?” Blair asked as she reached for the cupcake.

Josie quickly slapped her hand away from the baked treats and glared at her.

“Not for you,” Josie told her.

“Then how am I supposed to deliver these?”

“I baked you a piece of cake in the fridge,” Josie said as she began to work on her lopsided cupcake.

Blair went to the fridge and saw the lemon cake that she oh so adored and knew her sister would never eat.

“I love you, sissy!” Blair shouted, hugging her sister tightly.

“I only baked that so you can deliver these. Whatever ones Yongguk doesn’t eat, you can eat them. Most of them are things I can’t eat because I’m either allergic to them or I think they’re plain gross,” Josie said.

“I’ll get you a red velvet cheesecake at the bakery once I’m done,” Blair told her as Josie began to put the baked sweets in a basket for her to take.

“Just be sure you don’t mess up. These are very important sweets,” Josie told her as Blair began to leave for work.

“Will do! See you when I get back,” Blair called out.

Josie sat down on the sofa and looked at their mess of a kitchen. Flour was everywhere, a piece of egg was thrown at the wall because Blair thought she was being cute, and a few bits and pieces of dried butter was on the floor as their cat began to eat it. She was tired and she needs a shower to get the flour out of her hair.

-----

Yongguk was surprised by the flavor of the cupcake. It was sweet and soft and tasted almost familiar. He entered his apartment and found his five friends gathering around to watch some show on their television.

“Whatcha watching?” Yongguk asked as he began to type out a quick reply to Josie as he took a bite out of his cupcake.

“We’re watching a movie. Where’d you get the cupcake?” Junhong asked his hyung as he saw the white frosting on top of a dark chocolate cupcake.

Daehyun and Himchan instantly stood up and attacked him for the cupcake. Yongguk was quicker and kept the cupcake away from them. He pushed them away as he texted a reply to Josie and took another bite out of the cupcake.

“It’s mine. Go find your own cupcake,” Yongguk told them as he took the last bite out of his.

“That’s not fair, hyung! We deserve a cupcake!” Daehyun whined.

“That sounds like a first world problem,” Yongguk muttered, washing his hands since the cupcake was a little sticky.

He cursed at himself. He was picking up Josie’s mannerisms. This was never good.

-----

A/N: Yeah, sorry about that. I know I promised you guys a Christmas special, but my computer was being stupid and I had to take it in to figure out what was wrong with it. Since I had to take it in, my laptop got reformatted. If you don't know what that means, it means that I had to wipe out everything from my laptop. That meant the Christmas special chapter I was gonna post up was soon wiped out and since the holidays are over, I'm not sure of posting it. Oh well. Next time I guess. Hope you enjoy and I'll try and write more extras. Bye!