Extra III

New Message

Josie took a sip of the coffee she bought and felt the warmth travel through her body. It was getting colder and she hated it. She missed the warmth that California had. Even though she wasn’t raised there, she still missed it. Especially her family. She shook the thoughts from her mind and focused on what’s in front of her.

“Hey, sissy. Good, you didn’t order any pastries,” Blair greeted, sitting across from her and drinking her coffee, soon making a disgust face.

“What is it with you and caramel? It tastes awful,” Blair said, setting her coffee down.

“It’s delicious. It’s better than that green tea that you’re so fond of,” Josie said, sipping her coffee and enjoying the caramel taste.

“Sure. Anyway, have you planned how you’re going to introduce yourself to Yongguk?” she asked.

“I’m gonna let Yongguk do it. I’m not that creative, no matter how much you and our siblings say I am,” Josie said, finishing up the rest of her coffee.

Blair only glared at her and took a bite out of Josie’s cookie.

“I came out here for nothing. I put on pants, you know. You could’ve told me this when you let the house to get your usual coffee. Why do you even drink coffee? It does nothing for you?”

“I like the taste. Caramel reminds me of home,” Josie explained.

Blair only rolled her eyes. She ate the rest of Josie’s cookie and got up from her seat.

“Welp, I’ll see you when you get home, then. Bye bye,” Blair said, walking away from her sister and turned the corner.

Josie only giggled and shook her head. She took her empty coffee cup and threw it away at a nearby trashcan.

-----

“Okay, so here’s the plan-” Himchan started off.

“Why are we doing this again?” Yongguk asked him.

“Because the rest of us are tired of hearing that damn ringtone go off whenever Josie texts you. We want you to be happy, so this is the next best thing,” Himchan explained.

Yongguk only rolled his eyes and paid attention to whatever Himchan was talking about.

Himchan read off the list that Yongguk wrote down and furrowed his eyebrows.

“Okay, why the art gallery?” he asked him.

“Josie likes artwork. I thought it would be appropriate to confess her to where we both like something,” Yongguk explained.

Himchan continued to read the list. “What’s Panic at the Disco?”

“One of Josie’s favorite bands. She likes the song ‘Always’ by them, so I thought I should play the song for her. I asked the staff at the art museum and they said it’s okay for me to do it,” he explained.

“So you’re just going to play the song and then just say ‘Here I am’?” Himchan asked.

“Do you have a better idea?” Yongguk asked him.

“I do. We’ll get the boys together and they’ll hold up signs for her to read and then you’ll be standing behind her and everything will be perfect!” Himchan said.

“You get a kick out of this, don’t you?” Yongguk asked.

“Shut up. Now, I’m gonna get Daehyun to paint the signs and I’m gonna put them in the order they’re supposed to be in.”

“Where will you be?” Yongguk asked him.

“I’ll be the one pressing play on the stereo and then ushering the boys to stand in line. It’s perfect and reasonable,” Himchan said.

Yongguk only sighed and shook his head. He might as well let him have his fun. Lord know that he’ll suffer for not letting Himchan have it his way.

-----

Josie stepped inside the art museum and smiled softly. There were hardly any people, which was good for her. She never liked it when there were huge crowds around her. She walked around the place and inspected every painting. She hoped that Yongguk would be here soon.

Meanwhile, Yongguk saw her enter the building and his breath hitched slightly and his heart began to speed up a little. He fished for his cell phone and began to dial to look for Josie’s name. He pressed the call button and pressed it against his ear.

Josie felt her phone vibrating and bit her lip. She answered the call and pressed it against her ear.

“Hello?” Josie answered, biting her lip nervously.

“Are you already there?” Yongguk asked, knowing full well the answer.

“Kind of? I guess? I mean, I’m staring at artwork around me,” Josie answered, feeling her heart hammering against her chest.

“That means you are there,” Yongguk said, biting his lip to try and not laugh.

“Okay, I am. Why did you call?” Josie asked him.

“That way I can pinpoint who and where you are,” he explained, following her towards another part of the museum.

“Excuse me?” she asked, looking at an artwork in front of her.

“I’m gonna do this, before I change my mind,” he said, already feeling nervous as he began to talk to her.

“What are you talking about?” she asked.

“You’re going to have to trust me when I do this, alright,” he said.

“What are you…,” Josie began, but heard a soft guitar sound and turned her head. “Do I hear music?”

“Just follow the sound of the music,” Yongguk said.

Josie began to do as he said and followed the sound of the music. She saw different people that she worked with and others that she has never seen before. A stereo was placed in the middle of the gallery where a beautiful piece of artwork was hung up on the wall.

“You’re speechless, aren’t you?” Yongguk asked, watching her reaction.

“How did you know I like that song?” Josie asked, trying to find either him or Blair.

“It might have come up in conversations a few times,” he confessed
 
“But where are you?” she asked

“I’m still trying to find you. Since you already found your present number one, it’s time to find present number two,” he said, even though the first statement was a lie. He already found her, but he still wanted to keep it a surprise.

“Did you plan all of this?” she asked him.

“Kind of? I had help,” he confessed. He heard Josie giggle and continued walking.

“Himchan and Blair?” she guessed.

“Pretty much.”

“Well, I see pretty colorful artwork. Why are there people standing in a line? Wait… is that Jongup? And Junhong? Yongguk, why are your friends here?” Josie asked, seeing Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, and Junhong standing in a row holding up blank paper.

“Well, you found present number two,” he said.

“Well, what’s three?” she asked.

“Wait and see.”

Josie was getting frustrated, but did as he said. She saw his friends turning the sign over. Each one said a different word. ‘Hi Josie. Turn around’ was what she read.

“Turn around?” she asked.

“Please do as the sign says,” he said.

“Wait, Yongguk, what…”

Josie turned around and was faced with a man that she has never seen before, but has seen so many pictures of him. She looked up at him and bit her lip and smiled.

“Hi Josie,” Yongguk greeted, smiling down at her.

Josie ended the call and looked up at him. He was exactly what she imagined him to be.

-----

“Well, the plan finally worked,” Himchan said, watching his best friend hugging the girl that he’s been crushing on.

“I saw a job well done. You owe me coffee,” Blair said.

“Yes, your highness,” Himchan said, following right behind her.

-----

Yongguk and Josie walked around the park a few blocks away from the museum.

“Do you ever look at your eyes in the mirror and be like ‘I’m looking at my eyes with my eyes’?” Josie asked in the most serious tone Yongguk has ever heard.

He only laughed and stared at her while Josie smiled in accomplishment.

“How do you do that?” Yongguk asked her.

“Do what?” Josie asked him, looking up at him.

“No matter what you say, you always seem to somehow make me laugh, even so early in the morning,” Yongguk said.

“I don’t know. I guess it’s because, like I said, I say things that hardly anybody ever comes up with,” she explained.

Yongguk only smiled and subconsciously held her hand. Josie smiled and continued walking with him. The weather was very nice and they kept looking up at the sky.

“Seeing as how our movie marathon didn’t exactly happen, want to go see the new movie that just came out?” Yongguk asked her.

Josie smiled and nodded her head. “Yes, I’d like that. And then after that, we can go and get lunch after.”

Yongguk smiled and Josie only smiled bigger when she has his gummy smile. Yongguk placed his hand on her cheek and leaned forward. Josie stood on the balls of her feet and felt his lips against hers. The kiss was short, but it still captured her breath away when they pulled away. They smiled at each other and continued walking.

-----

10 years later

Josie finished cooking dinner and got out the plates and bowls together. She heard the door open and peaked out to see her husband with seven kids running inside before taking off their shoes.

“Josie, we’re home,” Yongguk called out.

Josie smiled and turned the stove off and walked up to him. She pecked his lips and saw her children walked towards the dining room and sat down.

“How are you and the twins?” he asked, placing his hands on her large stomach.

“Kicking. They kick hard, by the way,” Josie said, serving her kids their dinner and setting their own down.

“Well, they are twins, so I can see why they’re kicking hard,” Yongguk said, sitting down next to his children.

Josie smiled and sat next to her other children.

After ten years, her and Yongguk had four kids, three of them are adopted. Their eldest, Emilia, was from Africa, Josef from Germany, and Marisol from Puerto Rico. Yongjun, Yongwon, Heeyoung, and Yongsung were born after Marisol officially became their child. Now she’s eight months along in her pregnancy with twins. One boy and one girl, she found out.

“Omma, look what I found,” Heeyoung said, showing her a rock in the shape of a heart.

“That’s really pretty, mi’ja. Where did you find it?” Josie asked, eating her dinner and looked at the rock.

“Appa found it for me. He told me to give it to you,” she explained.

Josie looked across the table from her husband, who was cleaning Emilia’s face from the sticky food she was eating.

“What else did you all do today?” she asked, feeding Yongsung his mashed food.

“We went to the park and appa was explaining how you two would always go there and feed the ducks,” Josef said.

“Was it true that appa proposed to you at the park?” Yongjun asked her.

“That is true. By the way, Blair gave birth to a baby girl. Himchan sent pictures,” Josie told Yongguk.

Yongguk looked up from cleaning Marisol’s face and smiled lightly.

“What did they name her?” he asked her.

“They named her Tonia after my mother,” she said, finishing up her dinner.

“Himchan must’ve had a fit when Blair suggested that,” Yongguk said, finishing his own dinner.

“Blair had to bribe him. I’m surprised my mom doesn’t like Himchan. I thought they would like each other,” she said.

Yongguk only shrugged his shoulders and finished eating. Josie gathered up the empty dishes and set them in the sink. She could hear her children laughing and playing whatever it was they were playing with as she began to wash her dishes. She felt familiar arms wrap around her waist and kissed her cheek softly.

“Did you ever imagine something like this happening?” Yongguk asked her.

Josie looked around. They were living in a medium sized house with seven kids in the other room playing with each other.

“Not really, but I’m glad that it did, though,” she answered, kissing him on the lips.

“Good, because this isn’t what I imagined either, but I like how it turned out,” he said, looking at the children in the other room.

Josie smiled and leaned her head against his chest. They weren’t perfect, but it was a damn good start.

She was finally happy.


A/N: It's finally done! Yay! Sorry if the ending sounds corny, but i have finally finished it! Anyway, I have posted two stories that I'm going to do next. So if you want, you can check it out here and here. The first one is a B.A.P fic and the second one is a VIXX fic. Hope you enjoy!