Later that Afternoon...

Zeleun

 

“This will be a good song.” I say when we’re done.

“I have to talk to Gustavo about something, or maybe it could wait and I’ll come with you?” Junhong asks me.

“No it’s fine, don’t worry.” I say giving him a hug. I go out of the building and I think about Junhong, when all of a sudden I’m pushed against a wall and there’s someone tall standing in front of me. His face comes into light and it’s that creep from this morning. 

“What do you want?” I spit at him. He still just stands there like he did this afternoon and steps even closer to me, I move to slap his face but he blocks it and slaps me. For a second I can only feel the pain, I start to scream but then he covers my mouth and drags me into an alley. He moves in to kiss me but I turn away. He growls and slaps me again. I cry out once he releases my mouth.

All of a sudden, he’s wrenched away and pulled to the ground. I can see he’s being beaten up by another guy except this guy has red hair. 

“Junhong?” I say, he doesn’t hear me. He picks the guy up from the ground and slams him into the wall.

“Listen to me right now.” He hisses at the guy who fearfully nods. “Never even think Ji-Eun, ever again.” He shouts punching him in the cheek. He raises his fist again to the guys face.

“Junhong don’t! He’s not worth it.” I shout, he turns to face me releasing the guy. His face then is full of worry.

“Ji-Eun, should I take you to a doctor?” He asks quietly, (the other guy has long gone) I shake my head.

“Just walk me to the Palmwoods please.” I say to him. He nods his head but reaches up to soothe my stinging cheek, I flinch but relax into his hand.

We walk holding hands back to my apartment and as soon as we get there, Junhong wets a cloth and places it on my cheek.

“What’s this remind you of?” He asks me smiling.

“This afternoon, when I found out who my secret admirer was.” I return his smile and wink.

“How’s your cheek?” He asks more serious now. I laugh slightly.

“Don’t worry Junhong-ah, it’s fine. What about yours? It’s already blue.” I say reaching out to touch his cheek which was indeed a dark shade of blue.

“It bothers a bit but that’s beside the point, did that boy do anything else I should know about?” He says leaning close, concerned now. I shake my head.

“You worry too much, Junhong. He didn’t do anything else.” I reassure him by caressing his cheek. 

“There’s nothing wrong with worrying.” He protests. 

“Maybe.” I . He sticks his tongue out at me, I return the gesture. 

“Do you maybe want to watch a movie?” He suggests.

“Sure.” I nod and get a movie at random and show it to him. He looks a bit scared for a moment, then relaxes and nods slightly. I put the DVD in and sit beside him only then realizing that I took a scary movie and Junhong dislikes them. As I move to stand up, Junhong stops me.

“It’s fine, just as long as I don’t have to watch it alone, I’m fine.” He says smiling at me. The movie gets scary pretty quickly, and when I come to my senses, I find myself huddled against Junhong while his arms are around me tightly.

We sit like this the whole time, I might have stopped it but I was too into the story to do it and I think Junhong was as well. Honestly, I just like sitting like this.

When it ends I sigh with relief and look up at Junhong who is slightly pale. “What did you think of the movie?” I ask him. He gives me a look and I playfully hit him in the arm, he pretends to be hurt and holds his arm tightly. We work on the new song for a long time. 

“Tomorrow, do we practice it for real?” He asks me and I nod. He looks at his watch.

“I think I may have to go, Gustavo says he wants me well rested for tomorrow.” Junhong sighs but winks at me, we get up and walk to the door together.

“Goodnight.” I tell him

“Goodnight.” He says back, then he leans down and kisses me on the cheek. I blush and look down, I peak up at him and I see two rosy patches on his cheek. He hugs me and then quickly walks to his room down the hall. I enter my room and close the door softly, still smiling when I go to sleep.