The Discovery

Zeleun

 

Ji-Eun’s POV

“How are you enjoying America?” Junhong asks me. 

“It’s really nice.” I answer smiling at him when he all of a sudden stiffens looking past my shoulder, I turn and my smile immediately disappears. 

Lucy and a guy are walking in the park, the guy’s arm is around Lucy’s shoulder, this sight disgusts me. I turn again and see Junhong struggling to remain emotionless. 

The guy is about a head taller than Lucy, he has light brown hair and thick eyebrows.

“Come on. Let’s go.” I grab his arm and drag him to the Palmwoods, finally he snaps out of it and starts walking again. I glance back at him, he’s not sad but he’s not happy either. 

“You ok?” I ask him when we’re in the Palmwoods.

“Yeah I’m fine, don’t worry.” He says, my eyes narrow a bit.

“No really, I’m fine.” He protests.

“Yeah, sure you are. I’m going to go to my place. See you tomorrow, Junhong.” I say hugging him.

“See you, Noona.” He says hugging me back. I enter my room, grab a book, and start to read. 

All of a sudden I hear a knock on my door and then someone running down the hallway. I open the door and look around, no one there, then I look down at the floor and I see one red rose and a piece of paper. I pick them up and read the note, it says in a familiar handwriting: 

Roses are red, violets are blue,

But nothing can even compare,

To be as breathtaking as you.

I immediately blush, I look around again and I spot a head but when I look at the spot, it’s gone but I remember seeing red hair. 

I go to bed still thinking about the person who gave me the note.

When I wake up, I look out my door and see if there’s a note or not, there isn’t. That’s when I decide to do some investigating, I should look out for someone with red hair.

When I get down to the pool, I scan the area for Junhong; the tall boy with dark hair. Instead, I see a tall boy with red hair, by his height and the way he walks, it must be him. Instead of greeting him, I decide to follow him ad see what he does. 

When we get to the park, some guy stops me and is standing very close to me, too close actually. “What do you want?” I ask him, he just stands there stupidly. He’s quite tall but he’s shorter than Junhong, he has brown hair and light brown skin. He’s okay looking but as soon as he reaches to touch my cheek, I shove his hand away and push past him roughly out of his grasp.

I look around for Junhong and I see him clutching something tightly while he’s being pestered by Lucy. I hide behind a tree and listen in on their argument.

“Who’s the flower for?” She asks.

“You don’t know her.” He says quietly.

“You recovered fast.” She snaps.

He laughs harshly. “What do you care?”

“What’s this mystery girls name?”

“Her name is Ji-Eun and she’s the only one who still calls me my real name.” He says, my cheeks flood with color at those words.

“You just met her and now you’re buying her flowers?” She asks.

“No, I’ve known her for a few years but I was to shy to say anything to her.” He quietens at the words. Then I hear a very loud smack, and with that I pull myself from the tree and run to Junhong. He’s holding a hand to his right cheek, I gently pull it away and get a good look at it, it’s bright red. I turn angrily to Lucy, “Why did you hit him? What did he do?” She glares at me but then turns around and walks away.

I get Junhong to sit down on the bench while I got a wet cloth to sooth his cheek which was still quite red. 

“Does it hurt?” I ask him gently.

He shakes his head but winces when I put the cloth on. “Just a bit, thank you Ji-Eun-ah.”

“No problem, Junhong.” I smile at him. He smiles at me and hands me a rose and a piece of paper, the paper was blank but the rose was still damp at the stalk from lying in water all day. 

“If you haven’t already guessed, I’m the one who gave you these yesterday.” He says looking at my face for a reaction.

“You were pretty obvious, but I loved it.” I say grinning at him. His smile widens and then I lean down and kiss him on the cheek, leaving him stunned. I straighten smirking a bit, enjoying the moment. That’s when our phones ring and we answer. 

It’s Gustavo telling us to come to the studio, ‘great timing’ I think sighing. “Can we walk together?” Junhong says.

“Of course.” I take his hand in mine and pull him up, when he’s up I don’t drop his hand but enlace my fingers in his. He does the same and this is how we walk all the way to Rocque Records. “When did you start liking me?” I ask him when we’re almost there.

“This might sound really cliché, but ever since I met you.” He says and looks at his feet embarrassed.

“When did you get red hair?” I ask him.

“Yesterday after we had gone to the park.” He replies.

“I like it.” I say, I reach up and ruffle his hair a bit. He laughs and pats it down a bit while putting his arm around my shoulder.

“So now your homework is to write a song for the two of you.” Gustavo says when we get there, “I think we should call it Vintage and you guys can do it in Korean.” he adds.

“What do we do now, do we start or do we practice something else?” Junhong.

“Well Zelo, you start writing now and in about an hour you can go.” He explains and we both nod.

The song "Vintage" actually exists for those of you who are curious. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie7Z1jDFRhw