04

[Series] What made you smile?

 

 

"Now go and sit with your partner. You may start discussing," Mr Kim instructs. "Ah, before I forgot, the task must be in my hands in 3 weeks.”

I sigh and drag my feet to Yoseob's place since he's still sleeping. I take a seat opposite him. He's sleeping soundly till I have no heart to wake him up. I poke his arm.

"Yoseob-ssi, wake up," I softly say.

Shockingly, he slowly opens his sleepy eyes and lifts his head. Wow he wakes up so easily. He has confused face on.

"What are you doing here Sunni-ssi?" he asks, frowning. I sigh and start explaining.

"We're tasked to compose-"

"I know that," he casually cut me off.

"Uh you know? Weren't you sleeping earlier? Ah never mind. We're paired up together as a group.”

"You and I?" he asks, seems not believing of what I've said.

"Yes!"

"Okay. So who's going to write the lyric?" he asks.

"Both of us of course."

"Okay. What's the theme again?"

"Love." I realize Yoseob's face stiffens.

"...love..?"

I nod. I wonder why he becomes like that. Um, it's not even my business, so, stay out of it Sunni.

"I'm sorry," he says before getting up and leaving me alone.

I sigh. I guess he experienced something not good with love.

 

~~~

 

Right now I'm in school library, searching for composing reference book. Actually I'm not that good with composing thingy, that's why I'm searching for the books.

"Where are you books? Show yourself!" I talk to myself while looking through the shelves full of books. Somehow, I end up laughing at my own silliness. Telling books to show themselves is silly. Like seriously.

"Ah, there it is!" Finally I've found the book but....it is way too higher on the shelf.

I can't reach it. Forgetting that there's librarian and also special stairs in the library, I try to reach the book on my own. Finally I get to reach the book. Grabbing the book, I feel myself unstable.

Don't let anything happen! I silently pray. Unfortunately, I feel myself falling down. Keeping my mouth shut, I close my eyes.

It's going to be hurt! I scream inside. A few seconds pass, I don't feel any hurt. That's weird. Opening my closed eyes, I see Yoseob's face right in front of mine.

Immediately my eyes widen in surprise. Actually he's the one who saves me from falling. Technically I'm in his arms.

"Sunni-ssi, are you okay?" Yoseob asks with his face is only about 3 inches from mine.

Gulping hard because I'm nervous; yeah, that feeling comes again, I nod.

"I'm okay..." Luckily I didn't stutter. Helping myself, I get up from the awkward position, not wanting anyone to see it. I bow a bit. "Thanks for saving me, again."

"Hmm. Be careful next time," he reminds, walking away to nowhere. I scrunch my face.

"I thought he came to help me with the composing..." I mumble. "Ah, let him. Okay, where's the book again?"

I look around but the book is nowhere to find. Looking up, I see the book is still on the shelf. "What the? Ugh..."

 

~~~

 

"Mr Jung, please stop the car," I tell my driver. Mr Jung immediately stops the car at a side of road.

"I think I saw my friend there," I point to a person in school uniform who is walking heading to I-don't-know-where.

"Just wait for a moment," I say, getting out from the car and approach that person.

"Hi Yoseob-ssi!" I greet him with smile on.

"Oh, hi Sunni-ssi," Yoseob replies half-heartedly, like usual with his serious face. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing. I was just walking around and I saw you here," I tell. "Where are you going to?"

He shrugs. "Nowhere. Do you have any suggestion on where to go when you have nothing to do?" he casually asks.

Did he just ask me? Me?! I'm surprised. Anyway I have a place in my mind. "Any place?"

Yoseob nods.

"Fine. Let's go, I'll bring you to somewhere." Grabbing his arm, I drag him to my car. He pulls away his arm.

"Just tell me the place"

"You don't know where the place is. Addition, you're my partner for the task. Who knows that we can get inspiration at there?" I say, convincing him to agree.

Yoseob sighs. "Fine. Just don't drag me." I let out a chuckle.

"Why did you laugh?" he confusedly asks.

"You're cute," I casually say and grin. He's taken aback with my statement. I giggle.

"Let's go now!" I turn around and walk to my car. Yoseob follows me silently. He never talked in the car. Not a slightest bit. He just looks outside the car through the window.