01

[Series] What made you smile?

 

Being the only child of a rich parent doesn't mean I'm a spoiled kid. I'm showered with my parent's money but I never had interest to be a big spender and easily finish their money.

I just use it for my need only and the rest I keep it as saving. People around me think that it's lucky to be in a rich family but not for me. I don't get enough love from my parent because they are always outside of country. 

I only get love from one of my maids. But for me, she's not a maid. She's like my second mom and I call her Nanny. She took care of me since I was born. I'm grateful that she is still working with my family even though her age almost reaching 50 years old. If not, I would be lonely and lack of love. And I think, receiving love from Nanny is more than enough.

 

~~~

 

"Nannyyy," I call out, giving a back hug to Nanny who is facing kitchen's counter. A chuckle escapes from . Being me who is always curious about things, I ask,

"What are you doing, Nanny?"

"Can't you see what I'm doing?"

"No," I answer shortly and let out a giggle. Nanny just shakes her head.

"I'm making breakfast for you."

"Wah, what breakfast are you making?"

"Your favourite. Toast with egg roll." My eyes shine brightly.

"Really? Woah, I love you Nanny," I say, hug her tightly.

"Go and take a seat. I'll serve your breakfast in a while."

 

~~~

 

"Nanny! I'm going to school! Not going to use any driver today!"

Slipping my sneakers, I make my way out from house. Inhaling the fresh air in the morning, I start to hum a few of my favourite songs. One of them is Someday by IU. She owns a great voice and vocal. I adore her very much. How I wish to meet her someday. Well, I'm her big fan!

 

~~~

 

The moment I step into school, every single student gives me a stare and they are also whispering to each other. I ignore them since that's what I've got every single school day ever since I started schooling here. Well, my parent is well known people and of course I get involved too.

"Wassup Min!" I say in quite high tone, greeting my best friend.

"Yo Wassup Sunni!" she replies me, grinning. "How much shot did you get today?"

"Not bad. Like usual," I plainly answer, not interested.

The 'shot' that Min meant is the guy confessed to me, but I turn them down. I'm not ready to be in a relationship and also, I do think that those guys only want my parent's wealth.

"Why don't you accept one of the guys and then you can play with his heart," Min suggests, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yah, I'm not like you okay..." I say defensively.

"Yes yes I got it and I was just kidding. I know you too well Sunni-ah. You won't do what I've suggested even though I'm dying," she says sarcastically. I laugh.

"If you know me too well, why are you wasting time asking me to do that silly thing?"

"Ugh whatever! By the way, when you're going to get yourself a boyfriend? You're now 18 and even didn't have first kiss yet," Min scoffs.

I shrug. "I'm not ready yet...”

"Not ready? You're more than ready. I know you can handle a relationship even though you're not into one yet," she says, trying to convince me.

"I don't find the right guy yet...?" I add, hoping that Min will stop talking about boyfriend thingy. But being Min who is never ever give up, won't stop.

"Find him then."

I sigh. "I don't think I'll found the right guy. You know, almost every guy I met only want my wealth. Correction, my parent’s wealth," It's a sad true fact.

"You said, almost. Not every guy," Min smiles. "You'll found him sooner or later."

I hope so.

 

~~~

 

"Sunni-ssi, can you help me sending these books to my room?" my History teacher, Mrs Lim asks, fixing her glasses a bit. I smile.

"Sure." Slowly I get up and get those heavy books. It's not that heavy actually. Okay it's heavy. I try my best to lift them up.

"You need any help Sunni-ssi?" I smile and shake my head saying no. With those heavy books in my hands, I walk out from the classroom, heading to Mrs Lim's room.

 

BAM!

 

Ah, I just bump into someone and now all the books are scattered on the floor.

"Ah, I'm sorry," the someone says, bowing a bit before squatting down to pick up the books.

Quickly,

"No, it was my fault. I didn't look the way properly," I say, squatting down together with him to pick up the scattered books. Yes, the someone is a guy.

"No no no. I was the one who hit you," he says, still collecting the books.

"Okay, I guess it's our both fault," I say plainly, standing up with half of the books in my hands.

The other half is with him. He stands up and looks at me with his poker face before passing the books. For the first time, I see his face. He's cute! Too cute for a guy. But sadly cute guy is not my type. My type is a manly guy like Yoon Dujun from BEAST! He's handsome and manly. What? I like, no, love him, as a fan of course.

"Hey earth to you!" the guy says.

"Oh?" that's what I respond after daydreaming about my bias for a while.

"Here are your books," he puts them on the books which are already in my hands.

“I'm sorry again," he apologizes, quickly walking away. He looks like he's in rush.

"Wait!" I yell out. The guy stops his pace, back facing me. "Are you busy?" I ask.

"Yes," he shortly answers. I sigh.

"Oh. Never mind." I was going to ask him to help me carrying these books. They're heavy. My arms start to get hurt a bit. With heavy sigh, I continue my walk to Mrs Lim's room.