Strange teenager

Damned

Soooooorryyyyyy! T_T I made you wait for such a long time... Procrastination is my worst ennemy. >< But don't worry, the two following chapters are written, I only need to translate them!!! ^w^

I'm not perfect so sorry for the grammar and typos mistakes. ^^'




 

 

              Hardly Kyuhyun had put his lips on Hyukjae’s  tempting ones when Heechul came in the bathroom, the door wide-open, his phone in his hand directed to them. Flash. Heechul checked the photo came out and nodded in satisfaction when he judged it was good. 

 

Kyuhyun stared in annoyance at the eldest of his hyungs while his embarrassed brother was hiding his face in his broad chest. « Nice… » Heechul finally said. «You would make such a cute couple. » He added, a smirk on his lips. How Kyuhyun hated it. It meant nothing good and when I say nothing it’s really nothing! 

 

Heechul slowly approached  Hyukjae, like a cat on his prey, to whisper in his ear with a smoorth but paradoxically deep voice full of innuendo.  « It’s nice to see you loosing up a bit but it would be better for you if you don’t get too carried away. I’m not sure that eomma and appa would be pleased to walk on you~ I don’t mind but I don’t think they woulnd’t. If you want, I can keep them occupied a whole day outside the house for you to do you little business. Sounds good right?~ »

 

Hyukjae felt his cheeks getting hot. What the hell was he imagining? It was just a peck! Or maybe it wasn’t? No! It had to be! No way they would… Why was it getting so hot all of  sudden? Sensing his mental health ready to leave him, he grabbed his little brother by the wrist before going out as fast as he coul of the room. They had to quit soon anyway.

 

***

 

Hyukjae got off the bus at the stop near his dance school. When he had free time he always went there, sometimes Kyuhyun or Heechul or both woul come along to watch him. He had already tried singing when Kyuhyun was only seven months old to calm him down but failed miserably because it had the opposite effect. After that, he sang way less often and only when he was alone.

 

« Hyung, are you sure you don’t want me to come take you when you’re done? What if this monster find you and want to hurt you? I don’t like the idea of you being all by yourself when dawn breaks… » Kyuhyun took Hyukjae’s hand in his and intertwined their fingers holding him tight. « I wouldn’t forgive myself if something wrong happen to you… »

 

Hyukjae cupped his brother’s cheek with his free hand and it gently. « You make it sound like I’m the dongsaeng here. I’m not weak you know. »  The younger one kissed the palm of his brother’s hand and said with his smooth voice. « I love you, I can’t help but care about you. »

 

Hyukjae felt a twist in his chest. It wasn’t the first time that Kyuhyun confessed his love to him but when he noticed the way he was staring at him with his strong gaze when he kissed his hand, he sweared he saw that sparkle those stupid cheesy love novels talks about in his eyes. Embarrassed, he broke eye contact and bit his lower lip. « Stop making such a face and go to school, you have a test remember, instead of annoying me! » Hyukjae whimpered but he wasn’t sure that Kyuhyun had hear him since he wrapped his arms around his waist and burried his face into the crook of his brother’s neck., his hot breath sending hivers down his spine. 

 

« How can I when somewhere in Seoul there is someone who is after you for God know why? » Kyuhyun asked angrily, not at his brother of course. Hyukjae didn’t answer and instead hugged the younger back tightly. He felt safe in his brother’s strong arms. Was it impossible for their ‘father’ to let them live their life peacefully? Judging from the call Ryeowook got during the morning it, indeed, was.

 

His return restored a long gone sense of fear for the two teenagers. For one, the fear of losing someone dear, for the other, the fear of the future and being unable to protect the ones he treasured. 

 

Hyukjae broke the hug but it was a bit hard since Kyuhyun didn’t want to let him go. « Come on Kyu! You need to leave now or else you will be late for school and mess up your exams! I don’t want to be the cause of it. » He ruffled his younger brother’s hair and hasted to enter the building before the other could do or say anything.

 

Sad, Kyuhyun watched his brother drawing away from him. His heart sank. He grabbed his shirt near where his heart was, hoping that the pain would disappear as fast as it came. He had a bad feeling. Something wrong was going to happen, there was no doubt. But when? He didn’t know but hoped that, at least, it was not in the near future. 

 

In the distance, Kyuhyun’s High school’s bell rang. It was located a few blocks away from the Hyukjae’s dance school adn it was why he chose to study there. Like this,  he could go see his older brother as soon as he was released from classes. 

 

Looking one last time at the building Kyuhyun sighed, with the ever-present feeling of heaviness in her chest, and then started running at full speed towards his high school before the second ring. 

 

Hyukjae had already changed into more comfortable clothes and began to warm up when his other dance partners entered the practice room. One person stood out from the group. Hyukjae had never seen him before. He looked younger than all of them, or even Kyuhyun.

 

The newcomer suddenly felt unconfortable, he had the feeling someone was watching him. He looked around him and his eyes leaned on Hyukjae who avoided his gaze, ashamed and embarrassed. The former kept staring but after few seconds a bright smile appeared on his face.

 

The group began to warm-up in a corner of the room whereas the newcomer went next to Hyukjae who was dreaking. 

 

Hyukjae choked on his water when he noticed who it was. The later laughed at the reaction of his eleder before handing him a tissue to wipe the liquid on his chin and his torso. 

 

« Thank you. » Hyukjae said in a low, soft and indistinct voice without daring to look at him and accepted the tissue.  « I’m Taemin by the way, Lee Taemin, and I’m new here. Nice to meet you. Please take care of me! » Taemin bowed sightly to Hyukjae since he was sat. Hyukjae nodded, still not wanting to directly look at the other. « I’m Ch-KIM! Kim Hyukjae! Nice to meet you too! » Hyukjae smiled awkwardly whereas Taemin was looking at him a bit surprised and shocked since he was sur that the oldest was going to say something else.

 

Indeed, Hyukjae was about to say Cho instead of Kim. He didn’t even know why because it’s been eight years since he first introduced himself as a Kim. Some months after the Kim family welcomed Kyuhyun and Hyukjae to their house, Yesung had started an adoption precodure tolards them. It took time because their father was still alive so the court refused at first. (Hyukjae still had his true mother whom he ignored what she had beoame. Maybe she was dead? He didn’t wish. Not after what his big sister had told him the eve of her suicide. According to her, she was a woman with a pure heart who cared more for the well being of other more than her own, just like him, she had added hugging him. She just met the wrong persons.) But when Yesung has submitted them evidencse (photographs and testimonies of neighbors and relatives) of abuse on the two children and reported that they were abandoned from the time they left home and their father did nothing to stop them, the Court reviewed its judgment.

 

Yet, after eight long years, he almost introduced himself as a Cho.  The call from the man that their father back then awoke something in him.  They weren’t safe and he was well aware of it. If this man wanted to meet him after ten years of ignorance, it’s because he desired something. Certainly but what? He had nothing to give to this abject being devoid of all feelings. 

 

He doubted about what he had to do. Leaving the city and letting Kyuhyun live with the Kim family, hoping he would lead a peaceful life without him? That is unlikely because the later is way stickier than a chewing-gum on a sole and he didn‘t have the heart to do such a thing. They were fusional, who could blame them?

 

Taemin looked at Hyukjae, whom brows wered meshed in confusion as he blinked and titled his head, who was staring at the nothing for a while already. For Taemin, it seemed like the elder had an inner conflict. He coughed hoping to get a reaction from the other but failed.

 

The training went smoothly despite the fact that Hyukjae made  mistakes because his mind was not really into it. It didn’t go unnoticed by the teacher who didn’t miss the opportunité to scold him. Even the only activity that can really distract him  during hardships can’t calm him down and chase his negative thoughts.

 

After training was over, when everybody else had left the lockers rooms to gather between friends, Hyukjae found himself alone so he decided to take his time, like usually. Nobody ever tried to befriend him because of his little brother (their ’father’ had spread rumors about him and thanks to his past reputation, a lot of people believed them), so, when Taemin came closer to him to talk, it made him a shock. In kindergarden, Heechul was the only child who approached without fear and hesitation. Since then, he had been his one and only friend. Maybe Taemin will become his second friend? But Hyukjae didn’t want to give it a try if it’s to be disappointed in the end. 

 

Hyukjae took out his phone from his bag and turned it on. He received around twenty messages and had a dozen of missed calls., all from Kyuhyun.

 

Suddenly his phone rang in his hand. He looked at the caller ID who happened to be Heechul and picked up.

 

« Come back home NOW! » Heechul’s voice was so loud that Hyukjae had to keep away the phone from his ear. « This brat is ing pissing me off since half an hour because you’re late! » 

 

Hyukjae could easily imagine the face Heechul was doing at that moment with, in the backround, Kyuhyun scoffing he wasn’t one, and he made chuckle. Those two will never change…

 

« I‘m on my way. So please, bear with Kyuhyunnie for a moment please~ Love you~ » Hyukjae hung up before the older could reply and put his phone in his pocket while exiting the building. How surprised he was when he saw Taemin who leaned against a tree likely waiting for him. 

 

« Hey! » The younger interpellated Hyukjae as soon as he saw him, a bright smile on his lips. 

 

« What are you still doing here? » Hyukjae asked suspicious. He never put his trust in someone easily so when so when someone seemed to take interest in him, he automatically get on the defensive. 

 

Noticing the sudden tension, Taemin laughed nervously ruffling his hair with his hand.  « You seemed down so I told myself: ‘Should I invit him for a drink? Like this we could get to know each other.’ So, here I am! » He smiled awkwardly.

 

Hyukjae nodded in understanding. Why not? The kid seemed nice and, if things started to go a strange way, he could still leave. « Okay! » He answered. 

 

« Great, follow me please! » Taemin started walking but stopped abruptly when he realized something.  « Huh… I know I might seem stupid right now but… Well, I just moved in the city, so… Can you please show me the way to a good bakery? » He smiled shily, ruffling his hair in embarrassment. Hyukjae only nodded, a small smile on his lips because of the cute boy in front of him. 

 

Hyukjae took out his phone and quickly sent a message to Heechul saying he would be back home in more than one hour. He get an answer in less than twenty seconds. ‘Nooo! This brat is annoying me even more because of you, you bastard!’ Hyukjae simply laughed and put back the phone in his Pocket before looking back at Taemin. « Let’s go! »

 

Arrived at the bakery Hyukjae’s two adoptive grandmothers owned, he gestured the younger to sit anywhere he wanted and asked him to wait some minutes because he had something to do. But he stopped on his track when he realized he had forgotten to ask his ‘new friend’ his order. He turned around called the latter’s name who was staring deeply at his phone with a frown on his cute face.

 

« What do you want to eat or drink? I can get you anything, this place belongs to my family. My pleasure. »  Hyukjae proposed. The question surprised Taemin who quickly hid his phone under  the table. « A vanilla macchiato will be fine. » He answered weakly.

 

The older gave him a suspicious look. What the hell was going on? He brushed it off and went back to greet hisgrandmothers who were waiting for him behind the counter a wild smile on their face. « It’s been a while, son. » His maternal grandmother said before pulling into a tight hug. 

 

Hyukjae burried his face into her neck. « I know… I’m sorry for not visiting you more often… » He then hugged his second. « I missed the both of you. »

 

During this time, Taemin was checking for the umpteenth time his phone and snorted when he saw he just received a message. He opened it.

 

From Unknown:  
'Have you found him?’

 

He sighed deeply ready to reply but Hyukjae came back at that time so he hastily put it back in his pants’ pocket. He almost choked on his own saliva when he saw the amount of food the elder was carrying in his arms. ‘No way he would eat it all alone… right?’

 

« They insisted… I couldn’t changed their mind. They never listen to me when it comes to food and always say: ‘You’re too skinny! You need to get more fat!’ But I‘m okay with the way I look! They are unbelievable.» Hyukjae pouted. « But I think it’s their way to celebratethe fact that it’s my first time coming here with someone else than Kyuhyun and Heechul since they were more persistent today. Really those two… » He added, more talking to himself.

 

« Who? » Taemin asked, taking the cup of vanilla macchiato the other was handing him. « Thank you. » He then took a sip of the warm liquid. « So delicious~ » He cooed.

 

« My brothers. » Hyukjae answered his mouth full of strawberry cake. « I wondered… »  He gulped while Taemin was looking at him in expectative. « How long have you been learning dance? I have to say that you really have a good level. »

 

Embarrassed, Taemin tried to hide his burning cheeks from the elder’s sight but failed miserably because the other was chuckling at him. « One day, my mother told me that once I was able to stand on my feet I was always dancing instead of walking normally. So I guess at a pretty young age. » He laughed. « But still, I’m not half as good as you. » He added shyly. 

 

« You are too modest. »  Hyukjae flatted him. « Our dance school organize a contest each end of year. You should be part of it, it will be fun. »

 

Taemin hesitated an instant before speaking. « Seems interesting… I will think about it. » He muttered and took a bite of his lemon pie. Suddenly none of them was talking. The ambiance was awkward especially for Hyukjae because the younger seemed ill-at-ease and was shifting in his seat. He was wondering if he did something wrong but, obviously, he didn’t and he knew it. Or maybe, it as something to do with the younger’s mother? Hyukjae sweared he saw Taemin tense when he evoked her. To his surprise, the latter spoke. 

 

« Do you perhaps know someone named Lee Soo Young ? » Taemin weakly almost as if he was scared of the answer. Hyukjae on the other hand was stunned and taken aback. He hadn’t see it coming. It was such a surprising question that he almost spat his strawberry milk on the younger’s face. Of course he knew her.

 

She was his biological mother.

 

Why was he asking such a question? Did he has a link with her? Or worse. Did his « father » hired him to hunt him down and capture him? It may sound paranoid, but who wouldn’t if someone you met during the day asked questions about your family when somebody else called you not long before saying he wanted you and was looking for you?

 

« I don’t. » His trembling voice betrayed Hyukjae and it didn’t go notice by Taemin who smirked. ‘So, it’s a yes.’ The latter thought. « You’re bad at lying hyung~ » He teaser his smirk growing wider.

 

Hyukjae stood up and banged his fists on the table. « So… What if I know her? Why do you want to know? Are you hand in glove with that man? » He flared up. Taemin blinked twice looking lost. « Who? » He asked.

 

« Oh please! Don’t play innocent! » The elder burst out and exited the bakery precipitately slamming the door behind him under the surprised looks of his grandmothers and the customers.

 

Not even two seconds happened between the time Hyukjae left and the time Taemin started to chase him under the rainstorm. « Hyung, wait! I’m sorry if I offended you! Hyung!! »  He kept running not caring about the cars on the road. A driver who almost hit him at a crossraods honked at him.

 

Hyukjae was running way faster than him, each second the distance between them grew bigger. His vision was blurred by the raindrops falling on his face. He collided with some passersby which earned him some insults. Thinking he has lost track Hyukjae, Taemin stopped and sighed deeply regretting his question.

 

Suddenly, he heard stretching tires. Taemin turned his hand to where the sound came from and what he saw froze him. Not far away from him, wo cars almost collided by avoiding a third one which was running at full speed to the crossroads in front of him. But someone was crossing the road at this moment and when Taemin recognized the person as Hyukjae, his heart jumped in his chest. 

 

« Hyung! » Taemin began running.  « Hyung! »  He called once again but the other didn’t seem to have heard him. « The car hyung! Watch out!! » The car was coming closer to Hyukjae who was still out of reach for Taemin. The latter was scared of not being able to save his elder, a tear ran down his cheek. « HYUNG! » He called desperatly and this time Hyukjae’s eyes met his.

 

The car braked roughly slipping on the wet road.

 

A cry resounded as a body fell on the floor.