CRUMBLE.

Pull

Minhyuk’s not really one to mope. Moping is a waste of time; there’s not point wallowing around feeling bad when you could be doing useful things. But here he is — moping. He seems to mope a lot these days. He feels utterly awful. He has taken advantage of someone he liked! He can say goodbye to any kind of future he might’ve had with Hyunsik. It’s not going to happen now. Which is why he’s moping about with nothing productive to do because he did all that earlier in the week when he was trying to distract himself from Hyunsik. All he’s got is his cameras and the internet to keep him entertained, but it doesn’t stop him from thinking about what a jerk he’s been.

 

Eunkwang’s maybe only talent might be letting himself into Minhyuk’s apartment  without any warning. At first it had really pissed him off, but you can’t stay mad at Eunkwang for long. So Eunkwang comes barging in with a ‘Minhyukie! Are you in?’ Minhyuk remains silent, lying face down on his bed.

 

“Oh my, what’s this? Are you dead?” Eunkwang pokes and pushes him to be sure.

 

“I’m not dead, idiot,” Munhyuk grumbled in reply and his best friend breathes a sigh in relief.

 

“So, why are you like this? Are you ill?”

 

Minhyuk huffed. “Yeah, I’m sick. I’ve caught a case of being an awful human being.”

 

Eunkwang took a seat on the edge of the bed next to him and barked out a laugh. “What are you talking about?”

 

Minhyuk rolled onto his side so he was facing his friend, his expression twisted in despair. “I took advantage of a good person.”

 

His friend doesn’t seem at all fazed, returning Minhyuk’s look with a bored, flat expression of his own. Minhyuk buries in face in the sheets again. “I felt horrible after Sunyong left and I met this really awesome person but kinda’ got a bit drunk at Changsub’s party and slept with them when I shouldn’t of.” He took a deep breath before burrowing even further into the bed. “I’m such a terrible person!” Minhyuk whines like a child. He could feel tears brewing in the corner of his eyes. Would this cycle of unhappiness ever end?!

 

“Are you talking about someone called ‘Hyunsik’?” Eunkwang feigned nonchalance as Minhyuk turned to him in surprise.

 

“How… did you know?”

 

“Changsub said this Hyunsik never stops asking about you.”

 

Minhyuk sat up straight in an instant. “Seriously?”

 

Eunkwang rolls his eyes, “Yeah, so I gave him your number when I bumped into him earlier.”

 

Minhyuk’s eyes went so wide they nearly popped out of his head. Hyunsik asked about him? Even after what he did to him? It could either mean a good or a bad thing but Eunkwang giving him his number - that was bad! This meant he was actually going to have to talk to Hyunsik again. At least now he could apologise but, it’s so sudden, he doesn’t know what to say. That’s even if Hyunsik calls. Maybe he’d call today or perhaps tomorrow?

 

“Eunkwang! Why would you do that?!”

 

Eunkwang looked shocked at his friend’s sudden outburst. “He has something to say to you and you need to listen rather than staying cooped up in here forever and feeling depressed! Thanks to me, you can sort things out.” He mutters a curt ‘you’re welcome’ under his breath looking dramatically off in the distance whilst Minhyuk sobs into the bed, mumbling a mantra of ‘nonononono’. Eunkwang added a tut for good measure.

 

“I should’ve just given him your address.” Minhyuk cries even harder.

 

 


 

 

After chucking Eunkwang out quite violently, Minhyuk paced about his flat, biting his nails, pulling at his clothes, wondering when and if Hyunsik would call. He can’t remember a time when he’s felt so nervous and anxious before. He hasn’t really felt like this about anyone else, but then, he hasn’t hurt anyone like this. It was always the other way around. All it took was one night of clouded judgement to change that. Minhyuk can’t say he regrets it though. He just wished things hadn’t happened the way they did.

 

He heaved a big sigh and fell onto his bed once again. What he even say to Hyunsik? He didn’t have a clue. Was there anyway to reconcile with him? If there was, Minhyuk couldn’t see it.

 

After maybe half an hour of staring at the ceiling, thinking in circles, and worrying, there was a vibration nearby. Minhyuk was stunned into stillness for a second before slowly he began to shuffle through his sheets to find his mobile. What if it isn’t Hyunsik?

 

A series of numbers flashed at him, asking if he wanted to answer. Minhyuk might be shaking at little. Carefully, he swiped his phone to answer and held it slowly to his ear. ‘Hello’ got stuck in his throat.

 

“Minhyuk? Are you there? It’s Hyunsik.”

 

The world that enclosed him came crumbling down and ceased to exist. The planet stopped turning, electricity stopped humming, and he stopped breathing. Swallowing down from courage he managed to find, he choked a ‘yeah’ in response. Hyunsik’s voice was still sweet, even through a telephone.

 

“Can you… Can you meet up with me? I want to talk.”

 

His lips trembled over an answer. Could he meet up with him? He desperately wanted to but, he wasn’t sure if he could - if it would be okay.

 

“Sure,” he breathed.

 

 


 

 

And so here he was walking up to Hyunsik’s favourite little cafe, shaking, biting his lip and fixing his hair every 0.5 seconds. He was excited, nervous, and scared. Ut all made him feel rather sick. His steps slowed as he got closer and closer to the cafe. What on Earth was he going to say? What should he do? All he knew is that he should apologise and be prepared for a beating or something.

 

He looked up and the in front of him was the door to the cafe. Now all he had to do walk in and sit down. Just, walk in… and sit down. Walk in… His body froze up. Hyunsik would be inside. Deciding to not waste any more time worrying, he breathed a resigned sigh and pushed the open and slipped in. He tried his best to stare at the floor with each step he took but before he knew it, he had looked up, just in time to meet gazes with Hyunsik.

 

Ah. The musician was dressed simply. Pale colours and plain patterns and a dark snapback over his head. His faithful guitar was of course, propped up on the wall. A small smile spread across his face when he spotted Minhyuk and rose to meet him. Minhyuk’s insides fell through a black hole and back.

 

“Minhyuk,” said person nodded and took slow shaky steps towards Hyunsik before taking the seat opposite. “How are you?” Hyunsik asked, eyes glittering with concern. Minhyuk opted to stare into the musician's cappuchino.

 

“I’m okay… H — how about you?” He dared to glance up and instantly regretted it. Hyunsik’s expression was soft and gentle. This was hard.

 

“Ah… The same really,” a sigh followed. “Why did you run away? That morning…”

 

Minhyuk’s heart ached and stung. He his dry lips and pulled courage through his body. “I’m…  I’m sorry. I… I took advantage of you that night…” He slumped back in his chair in defeat, running a hand through his dark hair. “I was… really upset that night. I was in a bad place after my… after my ex.” He wouldn’t cry, not like this. He looked up at Hyunsik and found a soft, understanding expression there.

 

“Alright.” Okay, so now he was confused.

 

“‘Alright’?” He echoed in disbelief.

 

“Yeah, if you’re not ready, we can take as long as you need. We’ll go as slow as you want.”

 

Minhyuk gaped like a fish as he stuttered and stumbled over an answer. Was he hearing things? Was this really happening?

 

“Huh?” Was his eloquent answer. Hyunsik smiled affectionately, eyes bright with fondness as he looked at Minhyuk.

 

“Did you think that was it? One night and we’d go our separate ways? No deal.” Minhyuk continued to gape dumbly, unsure whether this was really happening or not. “I like you, Minhyuk. You better believe it cause it’s true. I would like to go out with you and I’m willing to wait as long as it takes.”

 

Heat rose to his cheeks and his heart beated tenfold inside his chest as it got played like a guitar, a sharp Spanish rhythm pumping throughout his body. Hyunsik, the busker Hyunsik who has big ears and who he took advantage of… likes him?

 

“R-r-really?!”

 

Hyunsik grinned, the bright smile reaching his eyes and wow. He kicked Minhyuk under the table playfully, “Yeah.”

 

Minhyuk smiled back just as stupidly, feeling incredibly happy, kicking Hyunsik back just a little harder.

 

“Okay.”




 

Minhyuk is the type to give his all in a relationship. But this time, he gives fifty percent because he’s getting fifty percent back.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Thank you for reading!
Wow I did not think things would be this long... I also feel as if this is lacking in a way? Editing might be required later on...
I'm always gonna write more MinSik so watch out for that. Also, wanna give me prompts/requests? <33333333
Thank you.