PULL.

Pull

Minhyuk is the type to give it all in a relationship, no matter who they are. It’s his philosophy, they are together and he’ll do his very best to make his partner happy, no matter what. He’s not completely naïve, he knows that relationships aren’t without their ups and downs, not without a bit of pain along the way. But if something happens, he’ll remember how hard he tried to make it work, how hard he tried to create happy memories. Then he’ll pick himself up and move on.

This relationship was no different. He gave his all, created happy memories and fell quite in love. And like any other relationship, this one wasn’t without it’s hurt. But this one hurt, a lot. Minhyuk is quite sure what happened to them even though they seemed pretty compatible. Maybe it just wasn’t meant to be. Either way, it ended pretty messily, leaving Minhyuk considerably torn by it. He’s been somewhat good at picking himself up after he’s fallen down, but this time he found it harder than usual. His friends tried their best and he’s really grateful for them. In the end, maybe he just needs a bit of time?

Maybe he liked her more than he realised?

He’s falling into a pit and he can see it happening. He doesn’t want it to happen but somehow, he can’t seem to stop himself.

 

Minhyuk doesn’t expect to meet Hyunsik or the feelings that appear with him. Despite having loved and lost a few times, it still takes him by surprise and he has trouble identifying it at first.

Funnily enough, it starts off rather clichè, in a park. His friend (best friend really), Eunkwang, had been going on about this new cafè that just opened and how it just has the most gorgeous guy working there and Minhyuk has to go with him so he doesn’t look creepy. Getting there means going through the park and that’s where Minhyuk sees Hyunsik for the first time.

He’s busking in front of the fountain (which isn’t on), glowing in the warm afternoon haze.

Minhyuk has always been fond of music, especially when it’s done well. He does a double take when he walks past, ignoring Eunkwang’s ramble about coursework in favour for a gentle, romantic melody.

He plucks the guitar strings with ease and fluidity, the strum from the instrument singing around him like a warm, gentle breeze. Minhyuk turns to face the sound and his eyes land on Hyunsik.

Hyunsik’s guitar looks old with looks of varying stickers and drawing on it whilst he himself looks stylish. His short chocolate hair is cropped neatly at his eyebrows under his cap. He’s trained on his fingers sliding along the guitar. He’s got the worn, faded jeans and the hi-top boots.

Minhyuk gets lost in the music and it’s playful but heartfelt tone. Hyunsik’s voice is soft and soulful, Minhyuk is immediately in love with the sound. He definitely can sing.

He watches fingers rise and fall over the strings, he watches Hyunsik get lost in his own song, enraptured in the musician's music.

Wow.

Minhyuk isn’t the only one enjoying the show. There are one or two people stood around the singer, lost in the melody too.

All too soon and the song is drawing to a close, the last few notes being coaxed out. The silence when the song is over rang loud and empty.

The few bystanders clap and toss some coins into his open guitar case, Minhyuk is one of them. As he leans down to slightly to deposit the money, the singer catches his eyes. For a few seconds, time stopped, the world froze around them. In that moment, Minhyuk felt an undeniable pull to the musician, like a magnet. It resonated deep within his heart, it almost scared him for a second. Suddenly, Minhyuk found it within himself to smile kindly at Hyunsik who smiled back gratefully. It was a smile that will forever be ingrained in his memory and he’s not really sure why. Then Minhyuk turned to be on his way, back to Eunkwang who looked a little peeved. But the melody had been burned sweetly in his brain and he hummed it under his breath.