☾ Acne ☾

❤ Honey House ❤

Argh, from the title of this chapter, WHO DOESN'T FREAKING HATE ACNE?!?!?!

It makes you feel so uncomfotable, with all the pain, and the temptions to just poke it til it disappears.

HAHA

BUT NO!

Do not go poke those dang things just because they are sitting on your skin and saying "HELLO THERE! I'M HERE TO TORTURE THE HELL OUTTA YA!" 

No! Don't listen to them!

Now let's get started with today's lesson! HAHA

​This going to be one heck of a chapter, cause I'm just putting everything about acne in here. PHEW!

 

Okay! So now, the lesson for acne. What are acne really made off? It's time to get some theory of this stupid acne in your head haha

 

Acne is an infection of the skin, caused by changes in the sebaceous glands.

On the picture below, you can now locate where is the sebaceous glands. It's a picture of hair on the body by the way haha.

The most common form of acne is called acne vulgaris, which means "common acne". The redness comes from the inflammation of the skin in response to the infection.

Oils from the glands combine with dead skin cells to block hair follicles.

Which explains why you should exfoliate twice per month! XD To reduce dead skin cells on the skin. (I will explain more in the coming chapters)

Under the blocked pore, oil builds up. Skin bacteria can then grow very quickly. This infection makes the skin become swollen and red, which becomes visible.

 

Usually the oil is called sebum.

 

In simple words, its all because of sebum that acne occurs. To prevent this, we must take precautions.

 

 

The Prostaglandins

​(Now you're probably wondering, what the heck must i learn all these? Well, honestly, it's better if you know these info so that you can watch your diet carefully and also treat your face with care.)

Your prostaglandins are like managers of many systems within your body. They transfer messages and instructions from your cells to your hormones so they can create modifications in your body. When it comes to acne, your prostaglandins alter the sebaceous gland secretions so they control the amount of oil is produced by the glands.

  • Prostaglandins are also known to regulate hormone levels, inflammation, metabolism and temperature.
  • Good prostaglandins promote clear skin and eliminate inflammation, while bad prostaglandins promote inflammation and cause acne breakouts.

TWO FOODS THAT PREVENT ACNE!

 

1. Omega-3 fatty acids! 

Oh my mama! These work like a miracle. Its healthy for skin, and also to increase metabolism rates!

 

They are also known as fish oil.

 

Now what are omega-3 fatty acids? They come from fish. They are produced in fish, and that's why fish is an important factor in your diet! 

 

 

 

(psst, I heard rumors that if you eat plenty of fish, it makes you smarter!!! XD)

 

then there's the adult ones, and for the kids one. I preferably like the kids one, cause they are SWEETER! ^_^

 

Adult fish oil:

 

Children fish oil:

(they have em' in pretty colors too! ^^)

 

 

2. ZINC!

 

Now you're like, I NEED CHEMICALS IN MY BODY?!?!?

 

Well, sorta.

 

Zinc is required to help convert the omega-6 fats found in nuts and seeds into good prostaglandins.

 

Zinc is also needed to produce and release many hormones. Other than that, your body needs zinc to regulate oil gland activity. It is for these reasons that zinc is effectively used by many people to cure acne.

Unfortunately, zinc deficiency is very common and it can be caused by the following:

  • High calcium and salt intake prevents the absorption of zinc.
  •  
  •  
  • Each of these minerals compete against each other to get absorbed by the body. Let’s say you eat a lot of calcium-rich foods and salty foods, then chances are the little zinc you get from your daily diet will not be absorbed by your body.
  • Regular consumption of alcohol. Zinc is required to filter out alcohol, so drinking alcoholic beverages is probably the last thing you want to do if you want to maximize the zinc’s effect on clearing up your skin.
  • Zinc is depleted by stress, coffee, tea (except green tea!) and high fiber diets. All these, especially coffee and stress, are almost inevitable in life.

 

 

Now tjose are how to prevent acne. It doesn't matter ifyou have a few, but if you do, eoddokhae?

 

 

PRODUCT RECOMMENDATIONS:

 

1. Tea tree oil by The Body Shop.

Oh my gosh, it's so good. For me, I use it and in 2-4 days its like GONE, BYE BYE!

MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!! *CRIESSSSSSSSS

 

 

​And apparently, if you have fleas on your dogs slash cats, use tea tree body wash! Fleas and ticks hate em'!!!!

 

 

2. Parsley & mandarin Spot Gel by Skin Food

 

 

It's really good and very cooling! ^_^ I'm impressed haha

​This product is those who can't stand the stinging spicy feeling on the skin. The next product will produce the feeling that's why ;P Sometime's i use this during the day, but mostly i use tea tree heehee

 

3.Kiehl's Blue Herbal spot treatment! OMG this is also very very good! It's a little spicy on your skin at first, but it also works a miracle! :D

 

 

NOW!! 

After those product recommendations, do not TRY TO POPTHE PIMPLES.

MY GOSH, DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO SQUEEZE THE PUS OUT OKAY!

 

Sure it annoys the hell outta ya, but don't go popping it.

 

Now you're thinking 'WHY?!?!?!??! ITS SO DANG BIG AND I LOOK LIKE A CLOWN!'

 

Well! it doesn't matter if you look like a clown! 

 

Because if you pop it, not only will it leave a scar, but it will also inflame, cause infections and also redness to the skin. That's like, TEN TIMES WORSE.

 

Argh, I don't wanna put the photo's of pimple scarring, Google gave me a scare. o_o"

 

How to solve the pimple's the natural way?

1. this is probably too common, but i cannot say that it doesn't help. DRINK LOADS OF WATER! Water can help keep you hydrated, and lower the production of sebum.

2. You can apply some tooth paste on the pimple. It will sting, but then after that it's alright. Remember to put some tea tree oil or any one of the recommendations on the pimple after putting toothpaste on it!

3. Some times your pillow cases are dirty, so change your pillow cases twice per month? As long as it's clean, and still smells like detergent, its clean haha

4. Avoid touching your face, bacteria on your hands will tranfer to your face and hence, the bacteria goes into the pores and secrets sebum.

5. Sometimes, hair gets in the way too. With the hair that contains dust or germs throughout the day, having your hair on your face is a bad thing.

(i'm sorry, but i HAD to use Taeyeon eonni! xD)

6. Rubbing garlic on your face helps too, leave it on for 5-6 minutes and later wash it off with plain water. You can eat garlic too if you dont feel comfortable putting garlic on your face! xD

7. try steaming your face over a bowl of hot water. By doing this, it opens up the skin pores. Do this for about 10-20 minutes, and after that wash with warm plain water. Don't forget to moisturize after that! (Now you see why sometimes, during facials we do steaming? It's to open up the pores to pop the whiteheads and blackheads, only for professionals)

 

I'm writing all of this through my own experience, I'm not some sort of dermatologist, but I have enough knowledge to share with you guys.

I'm not saying all of these steps would work with your skin, but on average population the world, these are the most essential basic steps for healthy skin.

If you guys have questions, you guys can PM me or just comment in the box! Tataaaaa xD Anticipate the next chap! :)