3

To hear your voice

3—Reckless games.

 

Daehyun’s hand is… so cold. But it’s fine, since he’s hot. She grinned, before holding his hand even tighter and pulled him towards her. Tiptoeing, she patted his head. The boy was probably caught unaware, and he stumbled but caught himself anyway. However her aim was accomplished, so she let go of his hand.

“Get off your bike.” She made a shooing motion, and the boy frowned from confusion. She only wiggled his finger before repeating herself, waiting for him to hop off his bicycle. She gestured for him to move to the other side of the vehicle, all the while giggling soundlessly at how lost he looked.

“Spin the pedal thing.” He remained expressionless, staring at the girl’s raised brows then at the pedal of his bicycle. He’s such an adorable little boy. She put her hand out again, squatting down and he followed her motion, finally doing what she wanted him to.

He remained quiet, as she put her buddy out. It was always in her hand. As she clicked on the top button, she ignored the puzzled look he wore and motioned for him to go faster, which he obediently did.

“Thanks, Jung! See you again… sometime!” She hopped up when she got the recording she wanted, and left the boy in the dust, possibly still dumbfounded. After all, she had that effect on people.

 

“April 27th, 2012. I met that guy again! He was waiting outside my door, that little stalker.” She laughed, remembering his face when he just woke up, the shock imminent. “He’s adorable. I hope to meet him again. I really do.”

 

The girl placed her hand on the keys, feeling the coolness despite her constant playing. Placing her recorder on her seat, she smiled and let it record her favorite piece. She always marveled at the peaceful and calm, yet frantic and restless feelings music gave her. Her fingers moved by themselves, practically naturally, and she closed her eyes.

“Dan, want to come along with us for lunch?” Her friends were all putting their instruments back in their cases, the ones too large to be brought away left in the practice room and she shook her head, smiling.

“Aw… Call us anytime if you wish to, though! See you tomorrow, unnie!” The shortest out of all of them waved, jumping then ran to catch up with the rest of them and Dan laughed, finding it hilarious yet adorable.

None of them knew about her condition. And she meant to keep it that way.

 

Who could it be? She wondered as she sped up on purpose. However she felt no menace from whoever was following her, and continued with the light bounce in her steps. Then, she turned the corner quickly and hid in the janitor’s closet and watched, as the boy turned too and stopped, his brows furrowing.

It was Daehyun. He was wearing the mask as usual, yet his face was much more readable than the huge mask he usually put up. Dan giggled silently, waiting for him to pass and with her watchful eyes, looked on as he spun on his heels. Is he looking for me? Poof, Daehyun, I disappeared. Grinning, the girl quietly got up and crept up behind the lost boy.

“Guess who?” She said in a singsong, having to stand up straight with her arms up high to reach him and felt his cheeks rising, just a little.

“Dan?” His hand rose to take the mask off when he spoke. Though she was behind him, she knew from the sudden movement of his brows that he was frowning, and tried to keep her laugh in.

“No, I’m the janitor.” She faked a deep voice, and waited for the reaction that never came. Rolling her eyes, she continued on. “What are you doing here, you naughty little boy?” Her laughter was bubbling in , but she bit hard on her lips and prayed he couldn’t feel her hands shaking.

“Oh, really? Sir, I’m looking for a brat called Dan. I’d like to—” Noticing the change of his tone, and the words he used on her, the girl pulled her hands off and clicked her tongue. As he turned, she threw him a glare and his eyes warmed. With that mask back on, she couldn’t really tell what his entire expression was like but she knew it would be a warm one.

“.” Without his permission, she grabbed his arm and took in his expression of shock before reaching up to take his mask off too.

“What are you doing, standing around? Come on, let’s go!”

 

She was wearing his mask as he was pulled with brute force into a cubicle. Of course, it wasn’t like she was a strong girl. He was simply taken by surprise. Frowning, he opened his mouth to ask a question but she quickly put her hand over his soft lips, warning him with her glare to remain silent. Once she was sure of his obedience, she took her buddy out from her pocket and grinned.

She met the boy’s eyes, shining with disbelief and grinned, putting her finger to her lips and winking. The button was clicked the moment they both heard the sound of liquid meeting the hard material of the urinal, and she smirked when the boy’s face next to hers went from one of shock to an embarrassed and horrified one. She pretended not to be bothered by his head so close to hers, pretended not to feel the frantic beating of her heart.

‘We leave when he leaves… don’t look so freaked out. You were the one who came to find me.’ Dan could practically see the gears spinning at impossible speeds in his head, as he smacked his forehead hard.