Chapter 15

SHINeeing Shanghai

-YOUR POV.-

The same night we were having a dinner with our class, compulsory. I bet the food was amazing but I couldn’t focus on anything right now. All I thought about was my stupid grin when I had been talking about Minho oppa. Was Minji right? The more I thought about it, the more obvious it was. I was in love with him. My thoughts wandered back to the incident with Jonghyun. How much had Minho seen? Was he mad? Why would he be mad!? I pouted to myself and nervously started chewing on my finger nails.

“Yah, stop eating your fingers you have your plate right in front of you,” Minji said to me.

“Huh?” I asked inattentively. Minji smacked my hand away from my face.

“Stop daydreaming, I’m trying to tell you some good news here.” Minji grinned at me. Or was that a smirk? Maybe a grirk? Oh, shut up!

“What news?” I asked and tried to push away all thoughts of Minho. Not very successfully…

“Jonghyun oppa invited us for a sleep over with him and the rest of the oppas tomorrow night in their room,” Minji squealed happily. I was abruptly pulled back to this world. I stared at Minji with big eyes.

“A sleep over?” I asked.

“Mhm.” Minji nodded knowingly while beaming at me. My brain started working on high gear. Was this a golden opportunity? Opportunity to what? I was just rambling… Tomorrow night. Anything could happen. Why was I getting so nervous?

“What’s our schedule for tomorrow?” I asked. Minji pouted.

“Some stupid museum or something.”

“Museum…” I thought hard about that. Hopefully the tours and stuff would be quite short and then I could rush back to the hotel and get ready for the sleep over.

 

Back in the room you were getting ready to go to bed.

“I’m just going out for a while!” Minji called from the small vestibule. I walked out of the bathroom with my toothbrush dangling in the corner of my mouth.

“Out?” I glanced at the watch on the wall. “At this hour.The curfew is about… now.” I gave her a suspicious look.

“I’ll be back before you know it, bye.” Minji was out the door before I could say anything more. Was it just me or was my bestie acting a bit strange?

 

-MINJI POV.-

“I’ll be back before you know it, bye.” I got out and quickly closed the door behind me. My heart was beating unnaturally fast. I had to calm down and act normal, otherwise ~~~~ would start getting suspicious. I hurried through the corridor to the elevators, all the while looking over my shoulder to make sure ~~~~ wasn’t following me or something. I got in the elevator and pressed the button for ground floor fourteen times before the doors closed. I sighed in relief. Safe! Once again I had outwitted my friend. I smirked, even though I couldn’t recall the last time it had happened…

There was a weak “pling” and the elevator doors opened. I peeked my head out and looked in both directions before daring to step out and hurry to the lobby.

“What took you so long?” Jonghyun asked when he saw me coming.

“I’m sorry, I just didn’t want ~~~~ to get suspicious and follow me or something, since you said this was important to keep from her,” I said accusingly. I felt bad for not telling my friend, even though I didn’t know anything, yet…

“Fine. Now, we’ll have to this quick because I’m meeting Key for a guy’s night out.”

“Whatever,” I said impatiently and leaned in closer. “Tell me, what is going on?”

 

I looked at him with a sceptical look as he finished his “great plan”.

“That’s your plan? You’re going to pretend that you’re in love with ~~~~ and that you’re a couple?”

“Yes,” Jonghyun said, obviously very proud of his idea.

“How are you going to make her play along with you if you don’t tell her?”

“I won’t need her to cooperate, I’ll just let the jealousy flowing from my dear friend interpret what he see and Minho will do most of the job himself,” Jonghyun said and shrugged. I thought about it for a few seconds.

“But what if Minho’s one of these guys who is willing to give up anything for the girl he loves. Maybe he will give up for the sake of her happiness.” I almost started crying at the thought. It would be so beautiful, but so sad. Jonghyun snorted with laughter.

”There are no such guys.” He calmed down and then put an arm around my shoulders to pull me closer so I could hear his words. “This is the thing. Minho is the most competitive person on this entire planet. There is no way he would ever give this fight.”

“I guess you’re right,” I said after a second of thinking. He really hated to lose.

“Of course I’m right.” Jonghyun laughed and ruffled my hair. “I’ve got to go now.” He started backing away and raised his voice a little. “Make sure that ~~~~ doesn’t find out, okay?”

“Okay,” I said with a smile.I was now almost as certain as he was that this plan would succeed and with light steps I skipped back to my room.

 

-ONEW POV.-

I walked in with my still warm box of chicken tightly in my arms but the sight that met my eyes when I entered the hotel lobby made me almost trip on my own feet. Jonghyun and Minji was cuddling with their heads close together. Wasn’t Jonghyun going on about ~~~~ just a few hours earlier today? I hugged my chicken tighter to my chest while incredibly discreetly sliding behind a pillar. I peeked around it and watched Jonghyun as he put an arm around Minji and they snuggled even closer. Were they going to kiss!? I was almost freaking out. What should I do? I was on the edge of crying when Jonghyun pulled away from Minji.

“I’ve got to go now,” he said and ruffled her hair tenderly. As he backed away from her he half called back to her: “Make sure that ~~~~ doesn’t find out, okay?”

 

I almost dropped my chicken, but just almost, as I stared at Jonghyun as he walked out the doors and into the night. I glanced around the pillar at Minji who happily skipped towards the elevators. I felt my lower lip tremble. Poor ~~~~, I thought.But then I calmed myself down. This was not going to continue, and I was going to put an end to this!