Chapter 16

SHINeeing Shanghai

-YOUR POV.-

This tour was boring the life out of me. At least I thought I was going to fall asleep right on the spot, standing like a horse. I hid a yawn behind my hand and tried to look interested, but really I didn’t understand much. First of all I see half of the paintings that our guide showed us, and secondly the interpreter wasn’t very good at the Korean language so I barely understood half of what he said. Does that mean that I get 25% of this tour… Half of the half? See how bored I was, I was calculating the efficiency of the tour. I yawned again. I guess I had a third reason I wasn’t able to show any interest in my school work. About 88% (maths again) of my brain capacity was occupied with thinking about tonight’s sleep over with all of my oppas. Most important; Minho oppa. Thinking about I almost freaked out. I have no idea what I thought was going to happen, but there was always the possibility of me embarrassing myself. That was bad enough, it was enough to worry about.

 

Our class moved along the wall of paintings, according to me they all looked the same. But apparently something about them was good since they were hanging on these walls. Probably the same thing about all of them, since they all were so similar… I endured the tour for about another 45 minutes later and then we were finally free to go, or escape, it’s your choice… We had one hour lunch time before we were going to meet up again for another tour at some other museum. What’s with school trips and museums? Can’t they come up with something different for a change?

 

I was having my lunch with Minji and Taemin when suddenly Onew called and announced that he would join us. Both Minji and Taemin were acting a bit strange and I knew that when I weren’t looking they were whispering to each other and kept shooting glances at me. One time I busted them.

“Yah! What are you guys whispering about? I want to know too,” I pouted. Were they talking about me? She hadn’t told him I liked Minho, right?

“It’s nothing. Just plans for tonight,” Taemin said with an innocent face.

“Plans? What plans?” I asked. ”Are we doing something special tonight?”

“~~~~, calm down. It’s nothing, just about… the snacks?” Minji said and looked at Taemin. He nodded eagerly.

“Yeah, right, the snacks.” He said. I gave them a suspicious look before turning my attention back to my food. Please Onew, come fast and save me from these weirdos. I heard a thud and looked up. Seemed like my prayers had been answered. Onew came stubbling towards us. I waved happily at him, hoping that the atmosphere wouldn’t be so weird from now onwards.

 

-ONEW POV.-

I was sitting between ~~~~ and Minji. Minji was busy whispering secrets to Taemin and didn’t notice the death glares I gave the two of them. don’t think I don’t know what you’re whispering about. I glanced at ~~~~ with a compassionate look. She was eating her meal innocently. She should have had chicken. She noticed me looking at her and shifted her gaze to mine.

“Onew oppa, is everything okay?” I smiled nervously.

“O-of course it is, why wouldn’t it be? Everything is absolutely perfect,” I ranted anxiously. She eyed me suspiciously.

“Are you sure?” she asked and gave me a worried look. Oh, poor you ~~~~. You’re so kind, how can they do this to you? Should I tell? Or is it too cruel? I can’t tell her here anyway. It will have to wait. Tonight, I’ll tell her tonight.

“Everything is okay,” I said awkwardly and laughed nervously. Taemin gave me a weird look.

“Hyung, what’s the matter with you? You’re sweating like a pig,” he stated and glanced indiscreetly on my forehead. I quickly wiped it off with one hand.

“Right, kids. I have to go now. Make sure you behave and listen to your teacher.” I clumsily stood up. “I’ll see you all tonight.” I looked at ~~~~ while saying that last sentence. She gave me a confused look and both Minji and Taemin looked at her. I smiled weirdly at them before hurrying away.

“What’s up with your hyung Taeminnie?” Minji asked.

“I have no idea.”

 

-KEY POV.-

I looked at Jonghyun as he eagerly told me, and demonstrated, his plan to pair up ~~~~ and Minho. I sat quiet as he went on and on about how he was going to trick the truth out of Minho.

“Isn’t it brilliant!?” he finished his jabbering.

“It is a great plan, indeed. Minho will never let you have her. Who else knows about this?” I asked as my brain was working frantically. He thought for a while.

“I talked to Minji about it, and Taemin was the first one I told,” he said. I snapped my head at him.

“You told Taemin before telling me!?” He held up his hands defensively in front of himself.

“I figured you would be smart enough to figure it out by yourself,” he defended himself. I calmed down. I knew there had to be a good reason. I changed back to the previous subject.

“Should we tell Onew hyung?” I looked at Jonghyun who looked back at me.

 

 

“Naah,” we both said in unison.

”He’ll be better off not knowing,” Jonghyun said diplomatically. I was more frank in my choice of words.

“He will just up.” I sat down in the sofa and thought for a second. “How far are you planning on proceeding with the plan tonight at the sleep over?” I looked over at Jonghyun and saw him rub his hands together with an evil smirk playing on his lips.

“making Minho jealous; phase 2.”