I need you

You & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15 - I need You

 

*RECAP*

 

I thought for a while after he left and processed some of the things he mentioned.

Maybe he’s right…

I should do something about it…

 

************************************************************

 

(Taeyeon POV)

 

Am I too harsh to Sunggyu?

Why am I like that, I don’t know why too…

I took out my books from the locker before letting out a sigh and walked back to the class.

On my way back to class, I saw people looking at me with weird expressions.

They are all pointing at me…

Are they pointing at me…?

I turned around and what shock me was that Sunggyu was right behind me, tagging so close behind me.

He almost bumped into me when I turned around.

So… everyone was actually looking at him who is behind me, they are not looking at me…

He scratched his head and started speaking before I could say anything, “Oh annyeong Taeyeon ah!”

Great… I was just thinking about him and now he appeared…

What am I supposed to do now…?

“What are you doing here?” I questioned him.

“I am here to walk you to your next class!” He grinned widely at me.

“Bwoh?” I can’t believe what he just said.

“Walk me to class? Erm, there is no need for you to do that…” With that, I walked away.

“Hey! Wait up! Let’s walk together!” He caught up beside me as he walked along with me.

On the way to my class, he kept talking.

I have no choice but to listen because he won’t stop anyway…

“Do you have boyfriend?” He asked.

I thought that was a question that I do not need to answer so I stayed quiet.

“What kind of guys do you like?” He asked again.

Same… none of his business…I remained quiet.

“Since you don’t know who I am, I will tell you about me! I am Kim Sunggyu, my father is one of the richest man in Korea! I transferred into this university 2 years ago and I am playing basketball currently, same as Woohyun! Any more things you wanna know?” He is now walking in front of me, facing me as he walked backwards.

I appeared not to be interested but I was actually listening.

So… he is indeed a rich kid… no wonder… all the girls…

I shook my head before questioning him, “Why are you telling me this?”

“Because I hope you could tell me about you too!” He said which made my heart flutter a bit.

He wants to know more about me…?

I chose to ignore him and continued walking until finally, he said goodbye because I have reached my class.

 

*****************************************************************************

 

It has been the same almost everyday…

Every lunch and every break, I will definitely see Sunggyu and he will tag along beside me and starts to tell me all his grandmother stories.

It should have been annoying to be tagged and followed around everyday…

But… weirdly, I don’t feel annoyed…

I even feel a slight of happiness when he always appeared suddenly out of nowhere.

He would tell me about his day in the campus, he would tell me about his friends, he would say funny stories to make me laugh.

I appreciated that a lot because sometimes when I am feeling low, his appearance really light up my day.

Today as usual, I think he would appear again during my lunch break.

‘Ding Dong Dang’

The bell finally goes off as I scurried to my locker to put my stuff.

I walked along the hallway, something isn’t right…

Sunggyu is nowhere in sight…

Is he sick today…?

Did something happen to him…?

Even I myself was surprised at how worried I was for him…

I opened my locker, still glancing around to search for Sunggyu but as I turned and looked into my locker, I saw something.

There was a packet of chocolates lying in my locker and on top of it, there was a card.

Out of curiousity, I took the card and read it:

 

Taeyeon ah

Mianhe! Cannot accompany you today! I have basketball practice for the whole day! Don’t blame me! Blame Woohyun! He is the captain… Anyway the practice is going to last about one week so you will not be able to see me around in school for the next few days as well. I will drop you something every morning before my practice starts! Hope you like the chocolates, I heard from Woohyun you love chocolates! Don’t miss me okay :p See you real soon!

Gyu

 

Without me realizing, I was smiling to myself after I read the card.

I took out the chocolates and popped one into my mouth.

It tasted different, it’s sweeter than usual…

So, he has basketball practice…

I had forgotten about it… Woohyun did tell me about it…

 

**********************************************************************************

 

Like what he promised in the letter, he really dropped me different kinds of present everyday that he is not around.

It was very sweet of him to do that…

Sometimes, it really made me melt a little inside…

These few days as I opened my lockers, I kept having surprises.

He gave me not only food and snacks but also present like keychains and bracelet…

They are really pretty and I don’t know whether I should accept them.

I asked Yoonah about it and she said that it was Sunggyu’s way to ask for my forgival.

But honestly, I wasn’t angry with him anymore.

I just didn’t state it… you know me… I can never go against my dignity to tell him that, ‘It’s fine, it’s okay, I forgive you, I am not angry with you anymore…’

No way man… he got to figure it out himself…

The present in my locker has become a daily thing for me for the past one week until today when I opened my locker, there is nothing inside…

No present… all I see was a small card…

I took the card and read it, thinking that the content will be something similar to the previous letter, but it wrote:

 

Taeyeon ah

Babsketball’s practices are finally over! I can’t wait to see you! It’s been one week since I last saw you! I think I missed you! Can you meet me at the music room during your lunch break?

Gyu

 

Since his basketball practices finished already, why can’t he come and find me himself?

Still want me to go and meet him…?

I thought about many possible reasons why he would want to meet me…

He finally got the idea that I am no longer angry at him…?

He wanted to tell me about his basketball practice…?

He wanted to pass me a present…?

Hmmm… I wonder why…

And obediently, I went to the music room during lunch break since Yoonah urged me to go as well saying that he might have something important to tell me.

So I went…

Once I stepped into the music room, I heard the piano sounded.

I shifted my attention to the person at the piano and I saw Sunggyu sitting there playing the piano.

Slowly, I made my way to one of the seats and watch him play.

Then, he started singing…

 

Eonjena kkumkkwowatdeon sungani muneojigo
Nae gyeoteul jikyeo julgeora mideotdeon
Modu tteonago nan dwie hollo namgyeojin nan
Oeroumgwa sangcheoppunin naege dagaoneun neo

Nal anajumyeon andwaeyo
Son jabajumyeon andwaeyo
I need you now
I need you now
Da annyeongira malhago useumyeo bonael su itdorok
Dowajwoyo dangsini nan pillyohae

Gieogui jogakdeul geu junge hanarado han sunganirado
Naege himi doeeo jun jeogi itdamyeon

Nal anajumyeon andwaeyo
Son jabajumyeon andwaeyo
I need you now
I need you now
Da anny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter