The cure

Never Know, Never Predict Love

Hae Ri's point of view

I showed up at the school the next day only to find my locker and my table stained with red paint. The words ‘’, ‘two-faced ’, ‘bad girl’ and a few others were written over it.  I knew it would be like this but I didn’t want to care over little things like this.

Ji Eun, helped me to clean the paint while Eun Ji, Na Eun, Soo Young and Seohyun helped me to clean my locker. We worked silently while the other classmates just looking over us, probably waiting for me to explode with this.

“What are you staring at? If you don’t want to help, go away. It’s not nice,” Seohyun burst out suddenly.

“Seohyun, it’s alright. I’m fine, it’s just a red paint and this won’t hurt me. This is nothing and I have the four of you,” I said lowly while continuing to clean my table.

Seohyun came to my side and said, “But, it’s not fair to treat other people like this. Besides, you just kept quiet about this and won’t report them.”

“Hey, it’s okay. It’s not like I'm going to get hurt over something like this. They will probably be tired to do this every day and eventually they will stop doing them,” I answered her.

After, we finished cleaning, I went to the bathroom to wash my hands. On my way back to the class, I met with Myungsoo, who insisted to assist me until we reached my class. We kept walking in silent until I noticed the place we reached was not my class but an empty music room that we usually came a lot.

“I want to talk to you as friends,” said Myungsoo while sitting on one of the chair.

“Myungsoo, why do you look so serious? Cheer up a bit,” I whined to him seeing his stern face.

“I know what happen yesterday and in your class today. Care to explain?” Myungsoo asked with a soft voice. May be because he knew my feelings on what happened. Finally, I took a seat in front of him because I knew this probably would take a long time to be told.

“I know I can’t keep this secret anymore but I don’t want you to pity me. I will understand too if you keep a distance between us after you heard this,” I sighed.

Myungsoo's point of view

The pretty girl who sat opposite me started to shift nervously in front of me. She didn’t use seeing me being serious with her because I would act like a cool guy in front of her. I understood if she asked her friends to leave her while she was talking with her enemy because she’s that kind of person. She didn’t want to be a burden.

But, I was furious when I saw her cleaning her red-stained table when her classmates just laughing at her. Sometimes she was too kind to ignore what happen to her in order to satisfy others. I betted her locker would have to be clean too. When I met her on her way to go back, she smiled beautifully at me while her eyes told otherwise.

Why do you keep smiling, Hae Ri? Are you happy?

“Actually, I already used to these kind of treatments. I want to be nice to others so that they will be nice to me too. But, you know, there will be always rain pours down during a sunny day.  My old classmates treat me like that too after one incident. This may be a bit shocking to you but I used to hate boys. I hate to see, touch or being near them. These made them mad and bully me. At that time, there’s no one protect, care or back me up when they do something. But, everything changes when I transfer here. I try to befriend with others as much as I can and at that time, I meet all of you who are willing to be my best friends. Since, it turn out like this, I’m not going to whine thinking it’s unfair but be grateful having five of you still beside me. I’m okay,” muttered her while facing at her feet.

So, this is the secret that you have been keeping from me since I meet you. But, you still don’t trust me completely because I don’t know what incident that you’re talking about. When are you going to tell me? I just want to make you happy, Hae Ri. Take my hand, please.

“Hey, Hae Ri. You know I read somewhere before about a girl’s dictionary. It states that when a girl says she’s okay, actually, she’s not okay at all and she wants somebody to hug her and tell her everything should be fine. Since, I can’t hug you, I will just tell you that everything shall be fine and if you want to find someone, I’m always here, beside you. Talk to me,” I replied to her while looking at her with a soft gaze.

 “Myungsoo, thank you. For being here and my truthful friend,” she answered me and looked up to meet my gaze.

Why did you think I did that as a friend, Hae Ri? I care about you more than a friend.

She then left to the class leaving me alone in the empty music room. I rested in there for a while and stepped out too to go back to my classroom.  With that, I went out leaving the music room door opened until a certain someone with a blonde hair appeared from it unknowingly. 

L.Joe's point of view

Hae Ri, what am I going to do if it’s like this?