Old friends, new enemies

Never Know, Never Predict Love

Hae Ri's point of view

After that day, L.Joe was no longer one of my friend as he announced he quitted being my friends to the whole student body during lunch at the cafe. I knew there were thousand pairs of eyes that eyeing me right now but I just shrugged it off and continued to eat with my other friends silently.

Within a split second, I heard a voice again but this time it’s a girl voice. Then, I turned around to see who’s speaking at that time, “start from now, I, Seol Hanna stops being friend too with that . What a she is, trying to seduce two men at the same time,” she said while smirking at me.

I didn’t have any appetite anymore so I finished my lunch quickly and headed back to the class with Ji Eun and others. We kept walking in silent as I thought everyone was thinking to give me some space to gather my thoughts back. Before we reached the stairs, a group of students blocked our path and didn’t give us any room for us to go through.

Suddenly, they made a path and I saw the last person that I wanted to see right now, in front of me, smirking evilly.

“Well, well, well. Look, who’s here with us. Our innocent little princess. Where do you think you’re going?” said Hanna while standing in front of me.

“Hanna, the things between us doesn’t concern my other friends. Let them go,” I replied while glancing my eyes towards Ji Eun, Eun Ji, Na eun, Soo Young and Seohyun.

I ushered them to go first without me but they were unwilling to go without me.

Hey, just go upstairs first. I’ll be alright, understand.

I signaled to Ji Eun and she took a little step with the others as she seemed to understand it. As I saw they disappeared behind the wall, I turned my face to Hanna and spoke with her.

“Hanna, why are you being like this? We are friends, I don’t understand anything. All of this,” I started to tear up but I held my feelings.

“So, Hae Ri. You never knew me at all. This is the real me. You are so naive to trust others so easily without knowing they are talking behind your back. Ahh, one more thing. You’re not my friend because I have a high standard for a friend but you just a nuisance to me,” said Hanna while rolling her eyes disgustingly at my poor condition.

When I was surrounding by Hanna’s minions, I saw L.Joe at back expressionless and cold as he walked in front of me. The others made a path for him too. As soon as he stepped in front of me, I gripped my fist tightly because I could feel that my heart was literally being cut.

“L.Joe, I thought you’re my special friend. How could you do this to me?” I asked him suddenly.

He smirked a little and replied, “What, special friends? You choose Myungsoo over me and I think you don’t just hang out with him but you let him touch you too, right?”

I can’t believe this is the L.Joe that I knew before.

“Stop, you’re going too far. It’s not what you think and you know how much I hate skinship too. He will never touch me like that,” my voice went high a little seeing he’s so nonchalantly about this.

“It’s not going to prove anything. If you want me to believe you, then leave him and come to 'me,” he growled.

“No, L.Joe. I won’t leave him just because you ask me to, he’s my friend. You’re once my friend too,” I muttered slowly while controlling my tears that were threatening to fall.

I don’t want to be a weak person anymore. So, I won’t cry over this even though my heart hurts so much.

“Okay, Hae Ri. Remember, it’s your decision about this. You choose it, so bear the consequences. I won’t let it go,” said L.Joe while turning his back and walked away from that place. I caught a glimpse of his eyes before he turned around.

He looked hurt and could I interpret it as sad. No, it’s not true. He hates me.

With no L.Joe around, Hanna moved forward and slapped me unexpectedly. My right cheek became bright red and hot. I was stunned at her little doing until I didn’t have time to stop her from leaving while swearing at me. Her groups followed her after having fun seeing my situation.

I dropped my knees to the floor and my tears that kept breaming in my eyes since earlier finally settling down.

No, what did I do to deserve this? He won’t believe me and here, I thought he’s a person that I can rely my trust.

I sat for a while to calm myself because I didn’t want to show up to the class with red and tears-stained eyes. 

 

 

a/n: hmmm, this is longer than i thought but never mind . enjoy.^^