Chapter Three

Road to Sandara
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

|| Chapter Three ||

 

 

Silence filled us once we reached the park. I already called Bom and told her to tell the manager that I was gonna be late. We both worked at the convenience store. But Bom didn’t have to; she just took the job to take care of me. Bom was with me everywhere I went because she treated me as a sister and would always worry about me. Actually, Chaerin, Minji, Bom and I are all basically sisters.  We knew each other since we were in pre-school until now. We basically grew up together.

“Dara-yah...” Jiyong got me out of my trance when he called my name.

I saw him sitting down at a bench and he nodded at me as if telling me to sit down too. I walked towards him and sat down on the other end.

“Don’t you remember our times here?” Ji spoke.

I didn’t dare look at him, afraid of the expression on his face. I even wonder why we were here again... This place should break our heart already. I can’t even come here anymore after our break up.

 

                                                                                  

 

I was shocked when Sanghyun suddenly told me that Jiyong was waiting for me outside. It wasn’t about the fact that Jiyong was waiting for me... But it was the fact that he was alone that shocked me. He would always be with either Seunghyun or Youngbae whenever they’d pick me up for a gathering. And as far as I know, there weren’t any gatherings today.

“O-Oh, Jiyong-ah... why are you here?” I asked him when I got outside.

“Can we talk?” He replied, his eyes never leaving mine.

I just nodded. We then started to walk towards the park near my house. It wasn’t that late yet but there were barely any people around. We sat down on a bench and silence immediately consumed us.

“So... what’s up?” I asked him, trying to break off the silence.

“Nothing really, just...” He didn’t go on after that.

We sat in silence for about 10 minutes; we didn’t even look at each other. As far as I know, we’re pretty close. We would always tease each other and just... act like how friends are supposed you act, you know. But I don’t know why this deafening silence is suddenly taking over us.

“I...”

“How...”

We both started at the same time and looked at each other. Seeing our shocked face released the tension in air and we just chuckled. After sometime, our laughter died down yet the smile on our face were still visible.

“You go first,” I insisted.

“Ani.... ladies first,” Jiyong flashed me a smile and I couldn’t help but smile back.

“I was just wondering how you were,” I said, “And why you suddenly wanted to talk.”

He paused for awhile and replied, “I think... ani... I like you, Dara.”

I was dumbfounded, at loss for words.

“I tried to keep it to myself and deny it,” Jiyong continued, “But you don’t know how many times I wanted to punch every guy that was trying to get your attention. I thought it was because I saw you as someone I should protect. But after that, I just... I just wanted to be around you.”

I still didn’t talk. What was I supposed to say? Here was the guy that I’ve been also trying to deny my feelings for, confessing that he likes me back.

“Say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter