Free

Sentenced

Kai was out.

The sun's rays bathed him in a golden shower which made him look bronze and god-like, and the wind blew his unkempt hair in a ruffled disarray that only he could pull off. He sighed a bit when he saw the black Mercedes Benz coming, this meant that his stepmom was driving and not the driver, therefore it was going to be one long ride.

"Kai."

"Thanks for picking me up. I'd have taken a cab."

"I'd like to talk to you."

"Don't you always?"

"Don't talk back."

"Okay, what?"

"How dare you let Sehun know?"

"How-"

"He came by tp drop off somethings that you left at his house, crying, and when I interrogated him, he burst like a tight balloon."

"Why would you do that to him?"

"Why not?"

"Ma! I love him!"

"It's not like you'll be seeing any of him anyway."

"Why not?"

"I moved you to a boarding school and made arrangements already. There will be no need to return to your previous school, you r certificate, locker things and books have been mailed to the school."

"What?"

"I didn't want anything to leak out."

"My life is like prison."

"You want to go back?"

"Ma!"

"Don't. Don't make this more difficult. Stop ing up, Kai, and I'll let you go back tot hat dingy school you love so much, ugh."

"Please."

"I forgot to tell you, Kyungsoo turned himself in."

"What!?"

"Kai, open the door, there's a fly in here. " Sun Hwa said as she slowed down the car by the roadside.

"Mom, there's no fly."

"Someone's watching us, will you please just open the door. We need to look normal."

"The car is behind us."

"I know, so now, crouch out. I'm going to roll out quickly and put the car to drive quickly into the divider after a mile. I just need to set out the instructions to the NavBot."

"Ma, hurry they're close."

"Okay, go crouch out."

Kai slid out and hunched besode the car, out of sight into the thick bushes.

Sun Hwa pushed the gas and rolled out of the open door, into the bushes and pulling Kai deeper into the forest by the highway.

The black car following them went in pursuit and Sun Hwa sighed, relieved.

"Ma?"

"I'll explain later. I need another car."

"So?"

"I'm calling for another one, what do you think?"

"Ma, this isn't safe. Tell me now!"

"Shh. The car is coming back. Run when I tell you to."

"What?"

Branches crackled behind them and suddenly,

"Gotcha!"