Truth comes out

Sentenced

"Can I please go call my mom?" Kai asked during their 3 hour free time to the guard.

"Go ahead, kid."

Kai dialed Kim Sun Hwa's number quickly and almost immediately, it was picked up, "Mr.Kim, yes?"

"I'm not sure if I'm the Kim you want to be talking to right now."

"Kai?"

"Hi Ma. I have to ask you something."

"Is it the end of the world? My stepson finally needs me."

"Dad's in prison here. I've seen him but he doesn't know me as his son, should I tell him, or what?"

Kim Sun Hwa's body went rigid with anger, and she gripped her phone tight, knuckles white.

"Don't. Don't go near that vile man. If we want to stay successful in the company, we have to make sure that nobody knows about your criiminal record. Keep as low-profile as you can, don't give the company's name away and don't associate yourself with your family for now. I need to make sure that you can become the heir to company, so don't make my life difficult."

"He's in a bad shape, he gets beaten up everyday and he's bruised all the time. Can't we just tell him, your family ares about you without telling him that I'm his son?"

"You look like your mother. He will know. Stay away from him. Do you hear me loud and clear, Kai?"

"Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, Mother."

"I'm going to hang up, I've got to sort out some stuff."

The line went dead and Kai shuffled away from the telephone booth to let another jailee use it.

Suddenly, an officer approached him, and beckoned him to follow.

"You have a visitor."

The visiting room's door swung open and the handcuffs were put on his wrist, and there he was, face to face with Kyungsoo,

and Sehun.

Sehun had been trailing Kyungsoo all day, talking about Kai and how lucky he was to be in France and how he loved him. Kyungsoo was getting guiltier by the second, and he couldn't keep it to himself anymore. He decided to let Sehun know the truth, he was the most deserving person to know.

Sehun was shocked when he saw Kai's gaunt frame and his surprised doe eyes. He thought that Kyungsoo was kidding, and while he did know that Kai did shoplift for a sport, he didn't anticipate this. He hated that sick feeling in his stomach looking at his boyfriend in jail and suddenly, he had the urge to light a ciggy.

"Kyungsoo!" Kai shouted angrily.

Kyungsoo stood up, "He deserves to know!"

"I don't want Sehun to see me like this!"

"Baby, I-" Sehun started, hand clasped.

"I'm sorry, Sehun."

"Why would you do this? Why do you get in trouble, Kai? Why?" Sehun asked disappointedly.

"I'm sorry."

"Remember the last time you promised to me not to do this anymore? And what did I tell you?"

"Sehun, please don't."

"You didn't keep that promise. And what did I tell you?"

"I don't want to hear it." Kai whimpered.

"I told you, that maybe you don't value me enough if you keep on shoplifting because you know how much I despise it. You know how much I value honesty and responsibility."

"Give me another chance, I won't screw up this time."

Sehun waved the guard to open the door, and before he left with Kyungsoo, he turned around and said, "No more. You did it twelve times already. There's no such thing as a thirteenth chance, don't you think?"

"Are you going to tell everyone in school about me?" Kai asked softly.

"No, I still have heart. Have fun in France."

The door slammed shut and Kai was brought back to his room. He didn't believe it, he had just broken up with his 3 year partner. And that stings because they had made holiday plans together after they finish school, thinking that they could take the world together.

Sehun sobbed on Kyungsoo's shoulder, wailing out his remorse at initiating the break up and if it wasn't for Kyungsoo's tight grip, Sehun would have flown back into the room and told Kai that it was just a warning, he was kidding. But Kyungsoo told him to be strong, and let Kai feel guilt over his actions first, then get back together.

"I love him, Kyungsoo. I really do. Even when he s up all the time, I still love him because I know he's a good guy."

"Let him show his good guy side and then get back to him."

"I'm not that strong!" Sehun burst into a fit.

"Okay. Go tell him you're kidding. Next time he shoplifts and you break up with him, he's not going to take it seriously."

"You shoplift too, don't pretend to be a saint here."

"Okay, I apologize."

Sehun sighed and shut his eyes, all he wanted was to give Kai a chance he truly didn't deserve.