CHAPTER 4

Can I Have This Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since their “rose garden” encounter, Lay has been all over Jang Mi more than ever. He would pop out at the school gates before Jang Mi would enter the school. He would also sit with Jang Mi and her friends along with EXO during lunch breaks. He would wait for her after classes outside her classroom. He would walk her home and most especially, he would flood her phone with calls, SMS and MMS.

Other people would totally be annoyed with this behavior of Lay. But for Jang Mi, it’s okay for her. She feels comfortable around Lay unlike other people. Jang Mi is used with only Hyoyeon and Taemin around her, but now she has Lay, she feels encouraged to open up more to the lad. Before, she would just ignore his presence and existence but now, she would smile and most especially, talk to him. Taemin and Hyoyeon were both surprised at first but at the same time, they also feel happy with Jang Mi’s change.

Exams are already done and the students of Seoul High School are excited for the prom. Guys and girls are also busy with their “will-you-be-my-date?” projects. It was not hard for the EXO boys to have dates, heck, there is a mile long line of girls who wants to be their date. But Lay is already relaxed for she already said yes to him, Jang Mi said yes to him.

When Jang Mi told her mother that she will be going to the prom with a “date”, she was ecstatic. She feels happy that her daughter is slowly emotionally recovering now.

“Jang Mi-ah, do you already have a dress for the prom night? Should we shop now? What will your date be wearing so we could match your dress with his outfit? Will he be picking you up?......” Jang Mi’s mother rain questions on the poor girl who was just looking at the window as it rains.

“Jang Mi! are you listening to me?” Her mom asked.

“Yes, mother I heard what you said. I don’t have a dress yet. It’s raining outside so let’s just shop tomorrow. I don’t know what he’s going to wear and yes, he will be picking me up…” Jang Mi breathlessly said as she turns her attention back to the window.

“Ehhhhhh!!! I’m really excited for you, baby! After this prom, you’ll be going to college, then you’ll graduate and after some years, you’ll get married-“

“Hey, mom. I think you’re going way to ahead of everything.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter