Chapter 4

Love Is A Mystery

Sehun was patiently waiting outside his house. Suho said he woull walk wiith Sehun to the school.

“Sehun-ah!” He heard his name. Finally, it was Suho.

“Ah hyung” Sehun smiled.

“Sorry it took me so long. I woke up late” Suho apologized.

“It’s okay” Sehun smiled. Both of them started to walk to school.

They were talking about topic in school. Suho couldn’t  take some of the topics. They arrived at school still talking and chatting.

Luhan was waiting infront the school main building. He was waiting for Sehun. But suddenly, his blood started to burn. He saw Sehun walking with Suho.

“Yah, Sehun” Luhan tried to call, but Sehun didn’t hear him. Sehun and Suho walked through the pair of doors.

“Tch!” Luhan ruffled his own hair and followed Suho and Sehun. He observed how Sehun and Suho talked with each other. He saw ChanYeol and another student meeting Sehun and Suho hand in hand.

“Luhan!” Someone from behind called. It also made Sehun look back and met Luhan’s gaze. He quickly turned away and continued walking with Suho and his friends.

“What is it?!”  Luhan scoffed at his friend.

“Nothing, I just saw you walking alone, by the way this is KyungSoo, my boyfriend” Kai introduced his shy boyfriend who was hiding behind him.

“Oh hey, wait aren’t you Sehun’s friend?” Luhan quickly asked.

“Yes, why?” KyungSoo asked.

“Not really, bye, “ Luhan waved off and followed Sehun.

 

Luhan saw the group of friends stop by their lockers. Sehun was just smiling but not talking.

“SEHUN TAAAAAAALLLLLLK” He heard a short boy shout and shook Sehun wildly. He wanted to go there slap away the boy’s hand but he couldn’t.

“Yah, Baby, stop.” chanYeol laughed and held his boyfriend away from Sehun.

“Just give Sehun more time!” Suho laughed and put an arm around Sehun’s neck. Luhan flinched and was about to burst. He took his phone and texted Sehun.

To: Slowpoke

Ya, it’s almost time, give my books already

He sent it with a smirk, hoping that Sehun would go away with that freaky Suho.

Sehun received the message and looked at Luhan’s way. He saw Luhan looking at him. Luhan quickly went inside their classroom. Sehun excused himself and opened Luhan’s locker and got the necessary books.

“See you guys later” Sehun waved and went inside the classroom. He looked for Luhan and he found him sitting on his seat. Sehun walked up to him and gave him his books.

“There” Sehum smiled and put his books on his desk.

“ Here’s your umbrella” Luhan held out Sehun’s umbrella which he used to get home.

Sehun went off and took his seat. Suho and ChanYeol and sat on their respective seats too.

“Hey Sehun, you joining us in lunch? We’re heading to Tous les Jours?” Suho invited.

“Yeah, Baek’s coming too, also Kai and KyungSoo!” ChanYeol smiled. Sehun doesn’t know what to answer, he’s almost the only one without a lovelife there. Well, except for Suho.

“I’ll try” Sehun simply answered. Suho put an arm around him and ruffled his hair.

“You know, you’re such a cute dongsaeng” Suho laughed. And Sehun laughed as well.

 

Luhan was watching the trio goof around, but the moment Suho put an arm around Sehun and ruffled his hair. His anger was rising. Especially when he saw how Sehun and Suho were laughing. It wasn’t anger, it was jealousy.

The time he met Sehun, he thought the boy was irritating, but eventually he wasn’t. The younger boy’s words makes sense, and especially, his words were kept in Luhan’s mind. Those words were what he needed. And he loved it. He didn’t know what happened to him, but every single day, he wants to go to school and see Sehun. But he doesn’t like seeing Sehun with another guy. He wants Sehun for himself.

He was the only reason why Luhan goes to school, the only reason why Luhan smile, but now, Sehun was laughing with another guy. He has to take revenge. He has to know if Sehun feels the same for him.

“Yo Lu!” XiuMin patted him from behind.

“Yeah?” Luhan raised an eyebrow.

“It’s early, don’t put that face on me” XiuMin pouted.

“Stop that, you look like a baozi” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“SO? That’s what girls call me anyway” XiuMin proudly said.

“Girls call you that what about your beloved JongDae?” Luhan teased. XiuMin trapped Luhan’s neck with his arms. And Luhan playfully laughed at XiuMin. He doesn’t like being teased that Chen doesn’t like XiuMin.

“ Just so you wait Luhaaaaan” XiuMin playfully shouted.

“ Neveeerrrr” Luhan fought back and holding XiuMin’s arms.

Sehun was watching them from the start. Luhan was laughing, he was laughing with XiuMin, but with him, it was just a simple smile. He couldn’t laugh like that.

The class started and Luhan didn’t text him to do something. He was busy passing notes with XiuMin. 

When the class ended, Sehun walked up to Luhan who was busy  talking with XiiuMin.

“Luhan?” Sehun called. Luhan looked to him.

“What do you want?” Luhan asked rudely.

“Uh, should I do something?” Sehun quietly asked.

“No, just go away. I don’t need you” Luhan said and looked away to goof around with XiuMin and Kai.

Those words hurted Sehun. ‘I don’t need you’ it felt like a thorn stuck in Sehun’s heart. He sadly went and sat down in his own chair and flipped some books.

During break time, he was walking to the line of the canteen to buy some food. He was walking while suddenly someone bumped him. It was Luhan.

“Could you back off, you’re in the middle” Luhan said. His friends laughed at him.

“Look at what you did, tch, you’re hopeless” Luhan dust off the dirt on his jacket and walked away. Luhan never spoke that way to Sehun before. Their first meeting yes, but Luhan usually helps him out.

Sehun bought his food and sat down with his friends.

“ Hey Sehun” Baekhyun greeted. Sehun smiled and settled down.

“By the way Sehun, are you coming with us later?” KyungSoo asked.

“Sure” Sehun answered.

“Great! Finally someone who doesn’t have a love life” Suho rejoiced.

“You’re just jealous gramps, you’re old and single” ChanYeol teased.

“I’m straight” Suho shot back.

“Staright but lonely” Baekhyun teased. They love how Suho sighs in defeat.

“At least our maknae is still innocent” Suho sighed and leaned his head on Sehun’s shoulders. Not really.

Sehun heard a clank on the other table. Luhan threw his bottle at the table and stood up and walked away. He looked angry. Sehun just sighed and continued eating.

After eating all of them went walking outside the school building. But then Sehun received a message.

From: Evil Little Luhan

Get my books quick.

He sighed and ran off.

“Where is that kid going?” Suho asked.

“Luhan..” ChanYeol just sighed.

 

Sehun quickly got Luhan’s books and handed them over.

“Great, now piss off” Luhan rudely said. Sehun doesn’t know why, but Luhan’s giving him bad attitudes lately. Just yesterday he was kind and all but today, it’s the complete opposite.

 Suddenly, Sehun had a hard time breathing. His sides hurt. Everything went blurry. Gladly someone supported him when he was about to fall.

“You okay Saeng?” Suho asked.

“OUCH!” Luhan growled, patting his head.

“Sorry” Sehun just apologized and grabbed his pen.

“Just get my books already, I need to finish something before lunch” Luhan said grumpily. XiuMin was throwing paper balls at Luhan, and Luhan was playing too.

Sehun sadly took the books from Luhan’s locker and gave it to Luhan.

“Well, finally, I thought you could go slower!” Luhan taunted as he threw a ball at XiuMin. Sehun just sighed and handed the books to Luhan.

“Now get lost” Luhan rolled his eyes then laughed when XiuMin got hit by a paper ball. Sehun’s temper was now gone, he threw the books to Luhan.

“At least say thank you!” He shouted and marched away. Luhan didn’t expect that. He’s gone too far. He followed Sehun.

“Sehun wait!” Luhan followed. But the angry Sehun didn’t stop.

“Sehun! Stop!” Luhan ran.

“Get lost!” Sehun shouted. Luhan knew Sehun was hurt. He followed Sehun. He didn’t want the younger to get mad, it was his fault.

“Please Sehun wait!” Luhan pleaded and walked faster.

“Don’t follow me ! Go Away!” Sehun scoffed, but gladly Luhan walked faster and caught up with Sehun. He saw tears forming in his eyes.

“What do you want?!” Sehun sniffed.

“I’m sorry okay?” Luhan said firmly.

“No! Just stop okay? I’m tired of this! Every single day I wanted to be close to you, but all you give me is your bad attitude and cold shoulder! I don’t even know if I deserve this! I don’t know if you even deserve someone who serves you like me!” Sehun bursted. It was true, Sehun was very kind to him, even though he scoffed at him and yelled at him everytime, the boy keeps talking with him.

“If you want just get XiuMin to do it for you! Besides you’re always with him and you don’t give him some cold looks and bad stares!” Sehun bursted, finally the tears were flowing. Luhan could see that Sehun was hurt.

“Why do you even give me those stares and cold shoulder, I;m always hurt when you scoff at me or yell at me. I like you Luhan! No! I love you! That’s why it hurts when you just —“ Sehun was cut by a pair of lips on his own. Luhan kissed him. LUHAN IS KISSSSSSIIIIIING HIIIIIM. His eyes widened and he pulled back.

“W-what w-was—“ Sehun stuttered.

“I’m sorry Sehun, I know I shouldn’t give you a cold shoulder, you’ve been so good to me. And It’s my fault why you’re hurt inside there” Luhan pointed at Sehun’s heart.

“T-that’s still not a reason to kiss me! ” Sehun blushed.

“I love you” Luhan simply said. Sehun stiffened. He didn’t know if it was true or he just misheard, but Luhan said ‘I love you’

“W-what?” Sehun couldn’t believe ANYTHINGGGGGGGG.

“ I love you. I know I was acting like a jerk today, but the truth is… I was jealous..” Luhan looked down.

“J-jealous?” Sehun asked.

“Of Suho, you two were close, I couldn’t stand it, I just want you to talk to me, I just want you to be close to me, I don’t want anybody else to get near you” Luhan confessed. Sehun just stood there, still processing everything in his mind.

“I love you Sehun, I really do” Luhan confessed.

“Luhan…. I .. can’t believe this” Sehun simply smiled.

“ Please Sehun, just be mine already, please” Luhan held Sehun’s hands. (Let’s imagine Luhan is taller than Sehun kekekekekekkee)

“Luhan….I’m all yours” Sehun smiled. Luhan trapped Sehun in a tight embrace. He hugged him so tight. Finally, it was secured that Sehun is only for him.

“I love you “ Luhan whispered.

“I love you too, you little devil” Sehun giggled.

“This little devil you love” Luhan smiled.

Luhan grabbed Sehun’s hand and began to walk hand in hand. Fingers intertwined.