Chapter 3

Love Is A Mystery

Luhan’s maid was about to wake up Luhan when she saw Luhan going out of his room.

“Ah sir.” The maid couldn’t believe it. Luhan was going to school on time.

“I’ll eat at school” Luhan simply said and went to the car.

It was Sehun’s first serving session with Luhan. He couldn’t do anything, he needed to do it. Luhan has done great things to him. He waited for his friends at the school gate. Finally, he saw a waving Baekhyun, walking with ChanYeol, fingers intertwined. And KyungSoo arrived with Kai with Kai’s motorcycle.

“Morning Sehun! How’s your lips?” Baekhyun asked.

“Better” Sehun smiled.

“Great! Let’s go! I wanted hot chocolate anyways” Baekhyun smiled and pulled ChanYeol. Sehun walked with them. He felt left behind because his friends were with their boyfriends.

“Oh and maknae, please be careful with the students or else you’ll get bullied again” KyungSoo warned.

“And talk please! It feels like we’re friends with a mute!” Baekhyun laughed, but Sehun just frowned.

“Sehun!” A friendly voice was heard from behind. It was Suho.

“Sehun I’m sorry! You got hurt because of waiting for me! I’m so sorry!” Suho apologized.

“It’s okay hyung” Sehun smiled.

“I’m sorry again dongsaeng, I’ll treat you bubble tea later.” Suho smiled.

They walked inside the school and to their respective sections.

When Suho , ChanYeol and Sehun went inside the classroom, they were all shocked to see Luhan there early.

“Is it me, or do I see Luhan this early?” ChanYeol asked.

“He is early” Suho was also shocked. The three went to their own seats.

“Hey” Luhan called Sehun.

“Uh, yes?” Sehun answered him. Luhan gave Sehun a piece of paper.

“What is this?” Sehun asked.

“Write your number, so I can text you when I want you to do something for me” Luhan smirked. Sehun grabbed the paper and wrote his number. He started to regret this. After writing his number, Luhan put it in his contacts. Suddenly, Sehun’s phone buzzed, it was from an unknown number.

From: ??

Get my notebooks from my locker, there’s a key at the side of the door

From the text, he knew who it was. He registered the number as ‘Evil  Little Luhan ‘. He turned to Luhan and Luhan signed him’go’ sign. Sehun stood up and ran to the lockers and quickly opened Luhan’s locker. He took the necessary stuff and went back and gave it to Luhan.

“Late” Luhan grumbled. Sehun just sighed and sat down in his own seat. Luhan is satisfies with what he’s doing.

As the class starts, everybody was paying attention to the lesson. It was difficult to understand. Everybody was taking down notes while Luhan was sleeping. But suddenly, Sehun’s phone buzzed

From: Evil Little Luhan

Write down notes for me

Sehun cursed silently and took Luhan’s notebook and wrote lectures for him. He is already regretting everything.

After the lesson, Sehun woke up Luhan and gave him the notes.

“Nice work” Luhan smiled as he scan the notes Sehun took.

The bell rang and it was break time.  Sehun was walking with Suho and ChanYeol down the hallway, when he received a message.

From: Evil Little Luhan

Meet me at the canteen

Sehun sighed and hid his phone.

“Sorry guys I have to go first” He excused himself.and ran to the canteen, there he saw Luhan sitting alone with his earphones on.

“Luhan?” Sehun called. Luhan looked up and smirked.

“Great you’re here, slowpoke” Luhan teased.

“What do you need?” Sehun asked.

“Buy me coffee” Luhan said and handed Sehun some money. “buy yourself one too.” He added.

Sehun went into the line and bought 2 coffees, for him and Luhan. Sehun went to Luhan and gave him his coffee.

“There, and here’s your change” Sehun dropped the money at the table and sat down.

“Uh what are you doing? “ Luhan asked as Sehun sat down.

“I just want to drink with you” Sehun said softly.

“ And what makes you think I’d agree?” Luhan asked as he raised one of his eyebrows.

“ You know, you shouldn’t abuse a chance when you have it, use it wisely” Sehun said as he took a sip of his coffee.

“Just stop with the lectures already! I get it okay?” Luhan sighed.

“Sorry” Sehun apologized and continued to drink his coffee.

“If you don’t want this, then why don’t you back out?” Luhan asked.

“Once I entered or started something, I intend to finish it right” Sehun simply said and smiled.

“You are a weird slowpoke” Luhan teased.

“Slowpoke or not, I serve you right” Sehun shot back. Luhan feels defeated. This kid knows everything! Sehun’s words makes sense. It’s worth listening to.

“Hey Luhan, mind to sit with you and your boyfriend?” A voice said. Sehun almost spot out his coffee with the stranger’s statement.

“Dude please, don’t start” Luhan warned.

“Well, sorry.” He said. It was Kai, their classmate.

“Why don’t you just go there and sit with your boyfriend?” Luhan scoffed.

“My boyfriend needs sometime of his own you know? Meet someone else, not just only me.” Kai said. It seemed familiar. It was Sehun’s statement. He looked at Sehun who was smiling weakly as he heard his own words.

“Stay away from me lecture freaks” Luhan moved away. He looks at his watch and saw the time. Their next class were about to start.

“Class about to start, Sehun get my books from the locker, you know where to get the keys” Luhan commanded as he stood up. Sehun left his coffee and ran all the way to the lockers.

Luhan and Kai were walking together to their next class when Sehun came running with books in his hands. He was running so fast that he tripped and almost fell, but Luhan caught him. They were hugging, well, Luhan was hugging Sehun. Sehun stopped and quickly returned to his normal state and stood up.

“Ahem, here are you books” Sehun gave them to Luhan.

“great, now hurry up and let’s get to the next class” Luhan commanded.

They went to class just on time. Their next class was Science. The teacher announced that they will be having a pair activity in science, and they will be working at the laboratory.

“Now, to make things easier, your partners will be your seatmates” The teacher said. Luhan and Sehun looked at each other, with eyes wide open.

“Oh no….” Sehun worried.

“Now, go to the Science laboratory and begin doing your activity, you only have half an hour to finish.” The teacher commanded.

The students went to the Science lab and started their activity. Sehun went to get books they needed. When he arrived at their table, Luhan was sleeping.

“Luhan?” Sehun tried to wake Luhan up. Luhan didn’t respond.

“Lu?” Sehun tapped him.

“What?” Luhan grumbled.

“Won’t you help me?” He asked.

“You can do it by yourself” Luhan answered and went back to sleep. Sehun let out a heavy sigh started flipping pages of the books. He kknew he could do it without Luhan’s help. He searched through 5 books and did the activity by himself. In less than 10 minutes he finished everything. The questionnaire fully answered.

Luhan woke up 10 mins before the activity ends. He found a sleeping boy beside him. It was Sehun.  He looked at the activity and everything was done. The boy was fascinated by Sehun’s ability, and Sehun doesn’t even complain. Luhan brushed Sehun’s hair away from his face. The boy’s face wasn’t bad at all, he was charming.  Luhan panicked when Sehun moved. Sehun’s arm was on the edge of the table, so when he moved his arm fell which caused his head to fall as well, good thing, Luhan caught him.

“Oh, ah, Luhan sorry” Sehun woke up and sat back up.

“Oh ahm, nice job doing the activity” Luhan said as he looked away.

The bell rang and it was time to pass their activity. 

“Just pass the activity” Luhan ordered and walked away.

Sehun did what Luhan said and followed the others to their section. Sehun found Suho and ChanYeol talking with each other.

“Yeah, I’m gonna take BaekHyun out” He heard ChanYeol’s statement.

“Well, good luck lover boy! Oh hey Sehun” Suho greeted.

“Hey” Sehun smiled.

“Hey! I found you doing everything earlier, don’t you want to tell it to your professor?” ChanYeol asked.

“No, it’s okay” Sehun just smiled and sat on his own chair.

 

“Yo!” XiuMin greeted Luhan.

“What do you guys want?” Luhan asked.

“Why are you always hot headed? Can’t we get a “Hi?” ??” Kai asked and pouted.

“Stop pouting, you look like and idiot” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Look who’s saying idiot” XiuMin laughed. Luhan just rolled his eyes.

“I saw what you did to Sehun” XiuMin smiled.

“So sweet, I should’ve taken a picture” Kai teased.

“What?!” Luhan shouted.

“ Haha, you two look great together, I wonder why you two don’t date” XiuMin teased.

“Stop your mouth or you’ll see a flying shoe” Luhan threatened.

“Fine, fine easy there” XiuMin laughed.

The day passed by. There were lots of homeworks and projects to be done. It’s just the middle of the school year yet it feels like they have to pass some requirements already! Sehun was packing his bags already.

“See you tomorrow Sehun!” ChanYeol said and he left with SuHo.

“Be careful dongsaeng” Suho warned and left.

“Nae” Sehun just answered. He packed his bags again, fixed his table and put his books under his table.

“Sehun, fix my bag” Luhan commanded. Sehun shrugged and fixed Luhan’s bag for him. Luhan went to the teacher to pass something.

“There” Sehun said. He grabbed his bag and went out. Luhan sighed and took his bag. But then before he left the classroom, it started to rain.

“Oh no…” Luhan worried. He saw Sehun’s umbrella under his chair. Luhan hurried to the entrance of the school, gladly he saw Sehun, standing at the waitng shed.

“Sehun!” Luhan called. Sehun  looked at him. He was freezing.

“You forgot this” Luhan handed him his umbrella.

“Oh thank you” Sehum simply said. A truck was passing by, and it passed by a huge puddle. Luhan by reflex, covered Sehun from getting wet.

“Luhan” Sehun worried.

“It’s okay.” He took off his jacket and put it inside his bag. Sehun, grabbed a scarf from his bad and put it around Luhan.

“It’s cold. You might get sick.” Sehun said.

Finally, Luhan’s car came.

“There’s your car, bye” Sehun waved. Luhan was about to leave when he saw Kris and Tao coming out from the front doors of the school. He remembered the time where Sehun was beaten up by those punks.

“I’m staying, you drive ahead GO!” Luhan commanded to his driver, and went back to Sehun.

“I thought you were leaving” Sehun asked.

“No, I’ll walk you home” Luhan said.

“What?” Sehun couldn’t believe what he heard. Luhan grabbed the umbrella and opened it. It wasn’t that big. He pulled Sehun closer and started walking, arms around Sehun’s shoulder to keep him close preventing the younger to get wet. They continued walking with Sehun leading the way. The walk was quiet, but Sehun could feel his heart beat faster. Even Luhan.

Finally, Sehun reached his house.

“Thank you Luhan” Sehun smiled and thank the older.

“Yeah, yeah” Luhan said.

“Keep the umbrella with you, the rain might get heavier” Sehun smiled.

“Thanks, go inside already” Luhan said. It was the first time Luhan thanked Sehun.

“A-alright” Sehun smiled. “Take Care” Sehun waved.

“Yeah, See you tomorrow” Luhan smiled. That smile that made Sehun melt. Sehun quickly went inside to hide his blush.

Luhan smiled at the actions of the younger. He wouldn’t deny it. The way he acts around Sehun, the way his heart beats….

He’s inlove with Sehun.