Chapter 2

Love Is A Mystery

“Waaaah!~ Finally long test is oveeeeeeeeer” ChanYeol stretched. Everyone was now concerned and complaining how hard the test was.

“And what a miracle, Luhan stayed after the long test” Suho whispered. Sehun looked at Luhan who was busy with his phone. It was true, Luhan would just go to school for the exams then leave right after passing the exam. But today was different, Luhan stayed.

“Well, maybe he’s sick” ChanYeol just shrugged.

“Idiot, if he’s sick, it the best reason he’ll give so he wont attend school” Suho corrected. Sehun just sat there staring at Luhan.

 

“Yo!” JongIn greeted Luhan. Luhan looked at him and pulled the earphones from his ears.

“What do you want?” Luhan asked.

“Hey, the exams just ended, aren’t you going to leave?” JongIn asked.

“Why don’t you  leave first?” Luhan simple shot back.

“What’s with the grumpy attitude today?” JongIn pouted.

“ He’s always grumpy” A student came.

“Oh hey Xiumin” JongIn greeted.

“Yeah, it’s weird, why are you still here Luhan?” XiuMin asked.

“Why do you care?” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Do you like someone from our section? Who is it?” JongIn asked. Luhan was shocked at that question, and looked at Sehun. He remembered the time when he helped Sehun. No Luhan, NOOOOO. You hate that guy.

“No one, I’m married to my phone already” Luhan said.

“ You change phones so quick, I bet when you have a relationship, you’ll do the same” XiuMin laughed, but then earned a smack on the head from Luhan.

“I was just joking arouuuuuuund!” XiuMin whined.

It was lunch time and Luhan haven’t left the school yet. He stayed. What a record, he stayed more than 2 hours in the school!

Luhan was walking to the line of the canteen with his earphones and eyes glued to the screen of his phone. He kept walking without realizing he was already going to bump with someone from the line.

And finally, BUMP!~ HE just bumped with someone, worse, that ‘someone’s ‘ food fell and scattered on the floor. Luhan quickly inserted his phone to his pant’s pocket and helped the student. When the student got up, Luhan quickly withdrew his hand from the student’s arm. It was Sehun.

“Sorry” Sehun bowed. He always encounter Sehun, everywhere. WHAT DOES THIS MEAAAAN?!

“A-ah” Luhan was in loss of words. Wow, this dude has nice eyes. WAIT WHAT?!

“You shouldn’t just stop there! “ Luhan returned to his normal self.

“It’s a line, we should wait. Patience is always the key” Another words of wisdom from Sehun. This kid sure is quiet but full of great words.

“Patience… Tch! Just keep moving!” Luhan motioned his hands.

“But I haven’t paid for these yet they’re—“ Sehun was cut by the lady.

“Hey! You have to pay for those!” She shouted. Luhan looked at Sehun as he grabs his wallet trying to pay for the food that fell. Luhan held back Sehun’s arm.

“No, here.” Luhan gave the lasy 10,000 won. “I hope that’s enough, and give him food.” Luhan said as he got his own food and sat down to a random table. Sehun stood there, still amazed of what Luhan did to him. He wasn’t that bad at all. He grabbed the food Luhan ‘bought’ for him and followed the older.

 

Luhan was in a complete state of shock. He was kind to Sehun back there! He paid for his food! Luhan doesn’t do that. What is happening to him?! Plus, he stayed more 2 hours in school. He just thought that Sehun is a poor kid who needs his help. He needed ways and ideas why to hate Sehun. He has to. He was got back from his dreamland when a tray landed on the table, he looked who it was, and it was no other than Sehun.

“Luhan hyung” Sehun called.

“What do you want?” Luhan asked without looking at Sehun.

“May I sit with you?” Sehun kindly asked.

“don’t you have friends? GO and sit with your friends.” Luhan said as he took a bite of his own burger.

“ I don’t need to sit with people I know already all the time, I want to meet new people too.” Sehun smiled.

“Well, I don’t like to meet people” Luhan said.

“ Why? Don’t you have friends?” Sehun asked.

“I do” Luhan shortly answered. He was getting pissed off by Sehun’s lectures.

“Then still, you meet new people, before you became friends, they were strangers, until you meet them and have an interaction” Sehun explained. Well, that was a long statement, Sehun just broke his record.

“ Can you please shut up, I don’t care okay? You just sit here and tell me lectures I don’t care about, just go away” Luhan exploded.

“Honestly, I just want to say thank you hyung. Thank you for the food” Sehun smiled. He stood up and carried the tray, and went to Baekhyun and KyungSoo’s table.

“That boy is so irritating” Luhan scoffed.

 

“Hey, why are talking with Luhan?” KyungSoo asked. Sehun just shrugged. BAekhyun held Sehun’s shoulders and looked straight at him.

“Please Sehun, TALK! WE. NEED. YOU. TO. TALK !!!” Baekhyun shooked him.

“Yah, calm down” Sehun said as he pushed Baekhyun’s hands away.

“Mind if we sit with you?” A voice from behind asked. It was Suho and ChanYeol.

“Oh not at all, please sit” KyungSoo smiled. ChanYeol flashed a sweet smile at Baekhyun, which caused Baekhyun to blush.

“ChanYeol, not here” Suho smiled. KyungSoo and Sehun just looked at each other, not getting the hint. Baekhyun just looked away, smiling.

“Can’t I just tell them?” ChanYeol smiled.

“It’s up to you giant” Baekhyun softly said.

“Great!” ChanYeol flashed a bright smile and walked towards Baekhyun. He sat beside him and held his hands.

“WE.ARE.OFFICIALLY.DATING” ChanYeol smiled. KyungSoo and Sehun were both shocked. Jaw drop.

“Same as my reaction” Suho giggled.

“Since when Baekhhyun?!” KyungSoo asked.

Same as my question to ChanYeol” Suho laughed. Sehun stood up and shook hands with BaekHyun.

“Hwaiting” He just said.

“Since… last night?” BaekHyun asked.

“Ya! I’ve been courting you since last year!” ChanYeol argued.

“Courting You since last year?! And you didn’t tell us? How rude” KyungSoo pouted.

“Don’t act innocent Kyung, I know there’s something between you and Kai” Sehun simply said.

“Wow!” Baekhyun clapped. “ You broke your record again” Baekhyun teased.

“You and Kai?!” Suho was shocked. KyungSoo stiffened.

“KYUNGSOOOOOO!!!” Baekhyun shouted.

“We’re all fair now!” KyungSoo defended.

“Since when?!” ChanYeol asked.

“Uhm, since last week’s school party” KyungSoo blushed.

“ I bet you guys did it” Suho laughed.

“Hey! Not yet!” KyungSoo defended.

“YET” Sehun emphasized the word ‘yet’. Everyone laughed at KyungSoo’s cuteness defending his relationship with Kai.  Sehun just smiled softly, everyone has their own love life, someone they could love. But suddenly, Sehun’s head started to hurt. He was getting dizzy.

“Sehunnie, you okay?” Baekhyun asked.

“A-ah, nae” Sehun said and continued eating.

“By the way Sehun, I need your copy of Chemistry lecture, I forgot mine and I need to study” Suho said.

“It’s in my locker” Sehun said.

“Mind if I borrow it?” Suho asked.

“I’ll get it later” Sehun shortly answered. Baekhyun and KyungSoo just facepalmed at their friend’s response.

“I’ll just meet you up at the corridor, thanks Sehun” Suho smiled.

 

Sehun was waiting patiently in the corridor of the locker area. He was holding the lectures that Suho needed. But Suho was nowhere to be found yet. He waited for Suho to come, he knew Suho would be busy because of the class report.

While Sehun was waiting, he heard noises from behind him.

“Well, look who’s here” A voice said. Sehun immediately looked where it came from. He found 2 students, the bullies, Kris and Tao, Chinese students.

“It’s Mr. Few Words” One of them named Kris teased.

“Aww, look he’s alone, no one wanted to talk to him, aww” Tao followed. The 2 bullies went near him.

“Stay back” Sehun said. He was scared. He doesn’t like fights, especially being bullied. He’s been bullied before because he doesn’t talk much.

“Why? Are you going to tell?” Kris threatened.

“Oh what’s this?” Tao snatched the notebook Sehun was holding.

“Please, no” Sehun pleaded, but all he got was a punch to his stomach, which caused Sehun to fall to the ground. Kris pulled his hair to look at him.

“Aww, look at the poor mute” Kris laughed, then slapped Sehun.

“You’re useless you know” Tao followed with a kick. Sehun was suffering,he just wishes for someone.. someone to save him.

“ Kris, Tao” A voice called. Sehun couldn’t look who it was, everything was blurred. All he heard were punching and kicking noises.

“We’ll get back to you one day!” Sehun heard as he heard running noises. Suddenly, someone helped him get up.

“Ugh, stand up, you’re heavy” The voice said. Sehun stood up and regained his vision. He almost fell down when he saw that the person helping him was Luhan.

“Luhan?” Sehun asked.

“Shhh, no sorries please, it’s getting into my nerves” Luhan said as he helped Sehun walk to the clinic.

“Thank you” Sehun smiled. As soon as they reached the clinic, Luhan helped him sit down on the clinic bed.

“He’s been beaten up by bullies” Luhan simply said and left. The nurse went quickly to Sehun and tried to treat his lips which were bleeding. Sehun stood up and ran after Luhan, not caring about the medications that the nurse was doing.

“Luhan!” Sehun shouted.

“What? Get in there and get treated, you look awful” Luhan hissed.

“I just wanted to say thank you” Sehun smiled.

“ You already did” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Yes, but you deserve something as reward. Good Samaritans are always blessed.” Sehun tried to explain.

“Here we go again with the lectures, I don’t care okay? Just get in there” Luhan commanded.

“Let me repay you” Sehun said with a serious tone.

“How?” Luhan crossed his arms infront of his chest.

“I’ll do everything. Everything, just to repay” Sehun pleaded.

“Fine, then you’ll be my servant” Luhan smirked.

“huh?” Sehun asked.

“ I’ll ask you to do stuff and you’ll all do it for me” Luhan smirked.

“Fine then” Sehun sighed and smiled at Luhan. The blood on Sehun’s lips were dripping. Luhan took his handkerchief and wiped the blood. Sehun stiffened at his actions.

“Now, go there and get treated!” Luhan commanded.

“Yes sir!” Sehun answered and ran back to the clinic.