Chapter 6

Protected
Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Jongin, Yuri, Yixing, and Baekhyun arrived at the football stadium and exactly 6:55pm. "Do we really have to go to this?" Jongin asked. Yuri hit him, "Yes idiot, now shut up!" she responded. "Oh don't act like you're excited to be here." Jongin snapped back.
 
Jongin was actually right. Yuri wasn't excited to be there, in fact, none of them were. They all hated watching football games including Kyungsoo. But Kyungsoo didn't suggest that they go to the game because he wanted to watch football. He only had one thing on his mind.
 
Mina.
 
Kyungsoo and his friends made their into the stadium. Kyungsoo scanned the bleachers looking for Mina. He spotted her near the bottom. She was sitting by herself. Kyungsoo smiled and motioned for his friends to follow him. Kyungsoo walked over to Mina, who was staring off into space. She seemed to be sleeping with her eyes open. "Hey Mina!" Kyungsoo called out to her. Mina jumped and then looked at Kyungsoo. "Sorry I didn't mean to startle you." Kyungsoo apologized. "It's okay Soo." Mina responded. Kyungsoo smiled. "So do you mind if we sit with you?" Kyungsoo asked. "Not at all." Mina replied with a smile. Kyungsoo heart leaped. He could tell her smile was sincere.
 
Kyungsoo sat down next to Mina and everyone else filled in around him. They said hello to Mina and she smiled and said hello.
The game started, and of course it was boring. In order to keep everyone from dying of boredom, Jongin started making snide comments about the players on the opposing team. Everyone laughed including Mina.
 
The game was a blow out. The opposing only got one touchdown. Kyungsoo and his friends got up and prepared to leave. He turned to Mina, "Hey we're going to get something to eat. You want to come?" he asked. Mina looked at Kyungsoo, "Ummm I don't know if I should..." she responded. "Aww come on Mina! It'll be fun!" Yuri said. "Yeah and we've haven't hung out with you in forever." Yixing added. Mina looked at everyone and then smiled, "Okay." she said. Everyone smiled at Mina.
 
Yuri suggested a pizza place, and everyone agreed. The pizza place was realatively empty. Which was surprising since it was a Friday night. Kyungsoo picked a booth next to the window and they all slid in. They ordered pizza and drinks. They all ate and talked. Kyungsoo glanced at Mina. She was laughing and talking to everyone. She seemed genuinely happy. Kyungsoo smiled too. This was the Mina he knew. The Mina that he loved.
Mina looked at Kyungsoo and saw that he was staring at her. "Are you okay Soo?" she asked. Kyungsoo jumped back in reality. "Uhhh yeah I'm fine!" he answered. Mina smiled at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's heart did a back flip.
 
The friends were having really good time, but, unfortunately the good time ended short after, when the door to the pizza place opened and some of the guys from the football team walked in. Kyungsoo looked at Mina. He saw her expression go from happy to sad. Then she made eye contact with Jaewon, her expression was pure fear.
"MINA!!!" Jaewon  shouted. Mina jumped out the sound of her boyfriend's voice. Jaewon walked over to the booth and slammed his down on the table. "Where the hell have your been?!!!" Jaewon asked. "I've been texting and calling you since the game ended!" He yelled. "I-I was..." Mina tried to explain herself quietly. "YOU WERE WHAT???" Jaewon yelled. "She was with us." Kyungsoo spoke up for Mina. Jaewon looked at Kyungsoo. "And you are???" he asked. "You know exactly who I am." Kyungsoo snapped. Jaewon took a closer look at Kyungsoo. An evil grin spread across his face. "Ahhh... Shrimp-Soo! You're back? What happened? Couldn't handle the big city?"
 
Chanyeol slammed his fist down on the table, "That's enough -won!" he shouted. Jaewon looked at Chanyeol. "Shut up Yeol." he snapped. Jaewon pointed at Mina, "You." he snapped. "We're leaving, NOW!" he yelled. And he grabbed Mina's arm and pulled her out the booth. Jaewon was so strong, it looked like he was crushing Mina's arm. Kyungsoo could see tears in Mina's eyes.
 
Kyungsoo stood up from his seat and so did Chanyeol and Jongin. "Let her go!" Chanyeol yelled. "Yeah! You're hurting her dumb ." Jongin added. Jaewon snickered, "Yeah? And what are you going to do?" he asked. Chanyeol took a step forward. But he was stopped by Mina hand pushing him back. "Chanyeol stop!" she pleaded. She turned back to Jaewon, "I'll go with you okay? Just leave them alone." she pleaded, Jaewon looked at Mina and scoffed. He looked at the boys. "You just got really lucky." he said. Jaewon turned to his friends, "Let's go." he said. The guys all filed out of the restaurant. Jaewon let go of his tight grip on Mina's arm and threw his arm over her shoulder. Mina flinched under the weight. She kept her head down. Jaewon led his girlfriend out the front door, but not before grinning evilly in Kyungsoo's direction. His face made Kyungsoo's blood boil. He wanted to punch Jaewon in the face and take Mina away from him.
 
She deserved better treatment than that.
She deserved to be treated gently and lovingly.
She deserved to be with a guy who would love her unconditionally.
She deserved to be with someone like Kyungsoo.