A Very Cold Cold World

A SHINee Reality!

 

Mina was right. It was raining and I was wearing a conspicuous yellow poncho—at lotte world.

appa, its cold and I’m tired.”

He shrugged and hushed me as we stood the big ticket information booth.

appa…this is stupid”

He shooshed me again.

appa, you are so nerdy. Grow up will you”

He hushed me again as he shifted binoculars. Let me explain, that very morning I was told that I would have to go to lotte world for filming, only this time instead of ‘crazy obsessed cousin’ I was supposed to be ‘I hate the world’ cousin. I guess in a way it was better, I mean I didn’t have to cling to any members. I watched on as the rain poured and Key and May were on their date. He was holding an umbrella for her as they walked together to try and win some prizes.

yah, look, he’s making his move. He’s such a lady killer”

I turned and gave Onew an annoyed look. I was in character.

shut up”

He laughed awkwardly behind me; he was also spying, along with the other members. We were all behind one ticket booth, along with the rest of the crew. My dad was in the front, then it was me, followed by Onew, Jonghyun, Taemin, and finally minho. The rest of the camera’s were behind us. There were people sticking out on all sides of the booth and quite frankly it was blowing our cover. When we moved it was like a row a ducklings crossing the street. Truth be told, it was sort of funny.

yah, appa, this is stupid, I’m going to walk around.”


Without looking he waved his hands and I rolled my eyes. I have to admit that my dad was a pretty good actor. I walked away, glad to be free of the cameras. Mina decided that she would stalk them another day. It was raining and she wanted to show off her legs. Her exact words were ‘the rain would distract them from my super model legs’ I laughed to myself.

GaHee!”

I turned and was a bit blinded by the light. It took a while for me to realize that Jonghyun and Taemin were coming my way. I let out a sigh.

hey, wait for us”

I stopped as they caught up.

I didn’t know you liked rainy amusement parks?”

I shrugged as Jonghyun who was in a bright orange raincoat. Taemin laughed in his bright blue raincoat. We were like skittles walking around. in a monotonous voice I responded.

I love the dark, the rain, and most of all, death”

They stared at me for a second, turned to each other and burst into laughter. They were practically on the ground laughing. I was supposed to be in character! I let out an annoyed grunt. Jonghyun finally looked up and wiped the tear from his eye.

oh that was good. ‘..and most of all death’”

He continued to mock me. I narrowed my eyes and waited them to finish laughing. Taemin looked up and smiled. Between laughs he managed to speak.

you don’t have to be in character now, but that was good”

Why doesn’t anyone tell me these things?

wait.why?”

They finally stopped long enough to say that the filming wouldn’t begin again until we actually got to the ice cream shop. I let out a defeated sigh and caught a smile from Taemin.

its okay, we had a good laugh.”

He and Jonghyun turned to each other and chuckled and sarcastically laughed. I looked up and couldn’t tell what time it was.

what’s the time?”

eleven thirty”

I’m not sure if is smiled, but I have a feeling I did because Jonghyun stared at me strangely.

do you have somewhere to be? A date?”

The last part seemed a bit bitter, but Maybe it was my imagination.

haha”

Taemin laughed at my sarcasm. I swear he would laugh at anything. I turned to him and chuckled.

do you have a date?”

I narrowed my eyes at Taemin who innocently asked the question and smiled and shrugged.

Maybe.”

He nodded. it was then that I felt a heavy hand wrap around my shoulders. I looked over to Jonghyun who gave me a toothy grin.

what are you doing?”

He smiled at me.

i don’t like you smiling at other guys”

For a second that threw me off, but I quickly recovered.

I’m no longer the crazy obsessed cousin”

He laughed.

right, you hate the world”

I rolled my eyes.

yes, it’s a very cold cold world.”

He chuckled.

well in that case let me warm it up for you”

I scoffed and I swear I could hear Taemin giggle beside me. Jonghyun pulled me in a bit closer and I could feel my heart thumping. I faked a cough and scooted away. I snuck a glance and noticed that he was staring at me with a half smile, like he knew what I was trying to do. he looked at me and laughed and turned his face the other way. even though he was wearing a raincoat, I could still see the outline of his jaw and the definition that it gave his face. I mentally kicked myself for noticing. He turned back and caught me staring. I quickly turned away, not wanting to give him the satisfaction.

so..uh, why aren’t Onew and Minho joining us?”

I asked and Jonghyun answered.

Onew is supposed to be trying to get on your dad’s good side and well minho is supposed to show Onew up”

I nodded.

so why are you guys here?”

They shared a look and smiled.

we want ice cream”

I laughed and they joined in. at that instant I felt my pocket vibrate. I looked at the number and smiled.

hello! Yes, yes, I will be there. Around five, yep, okay, I promise, yes,I’ll bring some, yes, I have some, okay. Yes, I did and you’ll love it. It’s just your size. Love you”

I still had a smile when I hung up the phone. I was so excited.

Who was that?”

I turned to Taemin and smiled.

it’s a secret”

I laughed. I caught Taemin look behind me at Jonghyun and smirked.

looks like you have some competition”

I was confused. I turned to Jonghyun but missed his expression. I turned to Taemin who was now laughing. We continued to walk and finally reached the shop. It had finally stopped raining, but I kept the poncho on just in case. There weren’t many people in the shop, but those who were all stared as we walked in. I saw a few people take out their phones and take pictures. Some girls ran up to Jonghyun and Taemin and chatted. I rolled my eyes and walked ahead.

hi, can I_”

is that your boyfriend?”

I cocked a brow at the girl behind the counter. Her words sounded a bit menacing, but I shrugged it off.

Strawberry ice cream with chunks on the top”

She glared at me and rung up my total. I really didn’t want to be rude or give the wrong impression, so I kept my smile on. I think she was a fan. I began lifting up the poncho so I could reach into my pocket to get the money, but was surprised to find a hand reaching past me. I looked up and saw that Jonghyun had handed the girl some money. I stared at him as he smiled back and then stared at her as she gazed into his eyes.

what are you doing?”

He looked down and smiled.

isn’t it obvious?”

I shook my head and pulled in his hand.

I can pay for myself thank you”

He looked at me for a while and let out a chuckle.

really it’s no trouble at all”

I sighed.

look, I understand that you are an idol and all, but really, I can pay for myself”

He laughed and handed the money to the girl. She reached out her hand to take it, but I pulled it back.

Jong-“

Oh for the love of goodness, just let him pay!”

I was surprised. I turned to the girl who was now glaring at me. she had evil in her eyes. I swallowed my saliva in fear and lightly nodded. I heard a chuckle from Jonghyun as he handed the money to the girl. She began giggling the moment their hands touched.

Hyung, get me bubblegum flavor”

I looked at Taemin who ran up to Jonghyun. He had a gigantic smile like he was teasing Jonghyun. I heard a stifled laugh from Jonghyun and looked up to see a thin smile. Taemin just laughed as he grabbed his wallet and pulled out more money.

you know, while your paying”

Taemin laughed.

uh, on second thought, I want strawberry too, extra large, with extra sprinkles”

I watched Jonghyun tense a bit and laughed.

are you sure Taemin? I mean are you sure you could finish it? how about a small?”

Taemin laughed and nodded.

positive hyung. Extra large”

I laughed. Jonghyun looked at me and gave me an annoyed smile.

You know, on second thought, I think I want chocolate”

Jonghyun blinked a few times and reached in for more money. I laughed at the sight.

extra large”

He clenched his jaw and smiled.

no problem”

Taemin and I shared a look and both giggled.

wait no, I want-“

STOP IT”

In all seriousness, I was jolted out of my laughing escapade and turned to the girl behind the counter who was practically in tears. I blinked as she pointed at me. fingers shaking and all.

YOU! You are so inconsiderate! Don’t you know how hard these guys work just to make their fans happy?!”

My eyes widened and the whole shop went quiet. I didn’t really know what to do. she was practically in tears which made me feel kinda bad. I heard an awkward laugh to my side. It was Jonghyun.

Uh..its really okay. I mean were just messing around really”

She smiled at him.

you are so nice”

He smiled and she turned back to me with a glare on her face. her shaking fingers pointed at me again.

You don’t deserve him you picky gold digger!”

I was really in shock. The girl started to bawl and stormed out of the shop. It was dead silent. We all looked at each other. I stared at Jonghyun in shock and he did the same.

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize it was that big of a deal”

I didn’t know what else to say. He looked at me and shrugged. I looked at Taemin who looked a bit scared. We both turned to Jonghyun and he let out a sigh.

uh…I’ll go after her”

Taemin and I both nodded in unison. With that, Jonghyun went outside to follow the girl and about two cameramen followed him. I turned to Taemin and sighed. he shrugged and we both kind of just walked out of the shop. We were outside and the sun was out.

how’s Mina?”

I looked over at him, a bit surprised. He avoided my eyes. I laughed thinking that Mina would die if I told her that he asked about her.

she’s fine”

He nodded.

that’s good”

I smiled.

yeah, it is”

After that it became quiet. I guess we just didn’t have anything else to talk about. I began scanning the park to avoid feeling obligated to be the first one to speak. my eyes landed on a girl who I found out to be may. She was standing alone.

look its may”

Taemin must’ve seen her too. he pointed and began to walk towards her.

I wonder where Key is?”

I shrugged and followed him. we got closer and we could see that it was in fact may. I watched her as a few girls with ice cream walked past may. They were messing around, I crossed my fingers, hoping that they wouldn’t end up shoving may or something. It didn’t work. As soon as I finished my thought, one of the girls pushed the other one and her ice cream fell on may’s shirt. I stopped in my tracks. I watched as the girl who fell looked up and was beginning to apologize. May stood there, in shock. The girl tried to wipe it off of her shirt, but may finally became aware and shoved her hand away.

I’m sorr-“

Before the poor girl could finish apologizing, there was a loud slap and the girls head was turned. She looked like she was in tears. Her friend stood there and finally realized what happened.

Hey! She said she was sorry and that it was an accident”

May turned to her and looked down at her shirt and looked back up. The girl stood her ground.

I’ll pay for the dry cleaning”

May began laughing. I couldn’t take my eyes off the scene. We were behind one of the buildings, so there weren’t a lot of passerby’s.

you are pathetic”

The girl looked shocked. May took a step closer.

Do you really think a girl like me would wear something that has been ruined?”

The girl looked determined.

I told you, I would pay for the dry cleaning”

May chuckled.

Do I look desperate to you? Do you really think a pretty girl like me needs charity from someone like you?”

The girl remained silent.

that’s what I thought. Take your ugly little friend and get the hell out of my sight. I’m feeling dirty just looking at you two.”

The girl was in shock. hung open and was about to say something when her friend pulled her away. They mumbled at each other and finally began walking away. I had forgotten that Taemin was beside me. I quickly turned to him and noticed that he too was staring at the scene. He didn’t turn to me he just stared as she started cursing. I turned back and noticed Key come back with an ice cream cone and the cameramen.

May! What happened to your shirt?”

She looked up and sweetly smiled. She was a whole new person.

a few girls were playing and they bumped into me with their ice cream”

He nodded.

yah, did you tell them to pay for your dry cleaning?”

She shook her head.

They were young and I told them to be careful next time”

Key smiled and handed her the ice cream. He laughed as the tried to wipe some of the ice cream off. I turned to Taemin and noticed that he was in a daze.

Taemin”

He turned to me.

she’s actually not like that-“

I have no idea, but for some reason I was trying to defend may.

she’s just stressed from the whole-“

GaHee! Taemin! What are you guys doing there?”

We both turned to Key who was now running up to us. As soon as he called us, may’s face shot up. Her eyes widened at me and for the first time in my life she looked nervous. I avoided her stare and smiled at Key who now ran up to us. I looked at Taemin who now smiled like he hadn’t just seen what happened.

are you guys spying on us?”

I forced a laugh.

Hyung! How’s you’re date going?!”

He laughed and playfully pushed Taemin’s shoulder.

you’ll understand when you’re older”

He laughed. I couldn’t take my eyes off Taemin. He looked so happy and there was no indication of anything relating to the previous events. I was in awe. May had finally walked up to us. Taemin smiled at her.

May! What happened to your shirt?”

I looked at her and saw relief lift from her face. she began laughing and told the ‘nicer’ version of what had really happened.

ah! We left Jonghyun!”

I looked at Taemin who spontaneously yelled. I laughed and went along. May and Key began laughing and nodded in comprehension.

hyung we have to go. Enjoy your date!”

He nodded and waved us off. I walked with Taemin. The minute he turned around, his smile faded. I looked at him and it was uncomfortable again.

I’m sure-“

He looked at me, without a smile.

you don’t have to explain GaHee. We’re three dimensional for a reason.”

His tone and his words shocked me. he sounded so wise for his age. I didn’t know how to respond, so I just stood there, unable to speak at all.

Yah!, why’d you leave me!”

We turned to Jonghyun who walked swiftly up to us, looking angry. He finally reached us and gave us a scowl. He must’ve noticed the tension, because his face became serious.

whats wrong?”

I smiled and was going to reassure him, but Taemin beat me to it.

sorry hyung, some of the fan girls started to attack GaHee”

Taemin was smiling and laughing again. I was so confused. Jonghyun looked at me and laughed.

that’s what you get for being so stubborn”

I rolled my eyes and they both laughed.

lets go Taemin, we have to find the others to ride the rollercoaster”

My eyes widened.

rollercoaster?”

They both turned to me a bit surprised. I guess my fear must’ve shone through. Jonghyun cocked a brow and smirked.

don’t tell me you’re scared”

I shook my head.

of course not”

He laughed like he didn’t believe me and began walking. Honestly, I was petrified.
=============================

We met back up and I was in character again. I had found out that my dad thought Onew was shrimpier than ever and that minho was actually on his good side. I laughed a bit.

that’s not a man’s ride”

We walked up as Onew laughed awkwardly. I walked up to my dad and stood beside him.

whats up appa?”

My dad faked a laugh.

this pansy over here thinks that the teacup ride is manly”

I had to hold my laughter. I turned to Onew and in my monotonous voice spoke.

that’s stupid”

His jaw dropped.

it is not. It takes a real man to be secure enough to ride in an animated smiling teacup!”

I heard the rest of the members laugh. I looked up at my dad who had a scowl on his face.

ARE YOU QUESTIONING MY AUTHORITY SON?!”

It was only acting, but he sounded really angry. I was practically shaking from laughter. I watched as Onew’s face turn blue.

uh…no-no-sir”

My dad narrowed his eyes.

then get on that ride”

He pointed on the biggest ride there. We all turned. I gulped. I hated rollercoasters and this one was big.

uh…I would sir, but you see, I think its closed due to the rain”

My dad shook his head and responded in a stern voice.

the sun is out”

He awkwardly laughed.

are you chicken?”

the other members were practically on the ground laughing. He turned for help but got none. He shook his head.

no sir”

My dad smiled.

good. GaHee, go show them a thing or two”

My eyes widened. I looked up at my dad a saw the smirk that filled his face. I was going to kill him later. We all walked to the ride. There were two seats in two sections. I took a seat in the middle figuring that it would be the most secure. i watched as the members began piling on and I didn’t pay attention to who sat where. I saw Onew walk my way, but was stopped by my dad. He hesitantly turned around.

you sit next to me chicken.”

He nervously laughed and followed my dad to the front. i turned back to stare straight in front of me when I felt someone take the seat next to me. it was Jonghyun. I turned to face his smirk.

you look terrified”

I tried to laugh it off.

nonsense, I love death”

My voice cracked and I heard Jonghyun laugh. we finally got strapped on. My knuckles were white from putting my hands in a fist.

you know, if you’re scared, you could always hold my hand”

His voice seemed to be laughing.

I’m not”

He laughed again.

okay”

fin-“

Before I could respond, the ride jolted and I yelled. I stopped when I realized that I was the only one and that the ride had gone nowhere. My heart felt like it was going to explode. I heard laughter coming from all sides of me.

GaHee! Don’t make your appa look bad in front of the chicken”

I heard more laughter and turned to Jonghyun. He smiled.

not scared huh?”

shut up”

I went back to bracing myself to the seat.

just admit you’re scared and I’ll let you use my shoulder”

I scoffed.

fine, I’ll let you use it anyway, but just this once.”

I’m not scared”

I felt the ride turn on. I broke out into sweats.

ahh, why do you have to be so stubborn?”

I looked at Jonghyun who carefully yanked my hand from the seat support.

I swear, you’ll never get a boyfriend if you act like you don’t need protection”

I didn’t respond. I was too busy looking at what he was doing. He lightly lifted my hands and put it in his. With his thumbs he lightly rubbed my palm as if to comfort me. he looked over at me and smiled sincerely. He then opened my fingers and threaded them with his. I looked at him, a bit confused, not because he was acting weird, but because it was working and then I felt the ride move and I turned straight ahead and screamed. I squeezed his hand tighter as the ride went up and down and side to side at full speed. I don’t know when, but in the midst of everything I began laughing. It was so fun! the ride stopped. It turned to Jonghyun who looked excited from the ride. I smiled and laughed and pulled my hand back to lift the support—a bit disappointed that I had to let go.
===========================================

thanks for reading guys. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I will try to update sooner, I've been really busy lately.

Thanks to everyone who subscribed and left comments.

They make me happy.

Until next time....

xxmilliexx